Matt Ryan Can't Play On The Road Or On Grass?

HOME - 194/298 (65.1%), 2,153 YDS (7.2), 11 TD, 9 INT - 86.2 QB Rating

ROAD - 228/317 (71.9%), 2,566 YDS (8.1), 21 TD, 5 INT - 111.3 QB Rating

TURF - 253/382 (66.2%), 2,843 YDS (7.4), 18 TD, 10 INT - 93.1 QB Rating

GRASS - 169/233 (72.5%), 1,876 YDS (8.1), 14 TD, 4 INT - 109.0 QB Rating

I think it's safe to say Matt Ryan put those myths to bed in 2012. So for all of you saying the Falcons can't go on the road in the playoffs and win you're wrong. The new and improved 2012 and beyond version of Matt Ryan is perfectly capable of winning on the road.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I swear MR is better on the road. + the people worried about playing in the snow or cold for the SB... he played at BC. The rest of our guys? not sure

ALL of our recievers are from warm weather climates.

Julio- Alabama

Roddy-Alabama

Tony- California

Harry Douglas- Atlanta/Kentucky

I am least concerned about our QB (who played in the cold in High school and college). I am alot more concerned about how our recievers adapt. They are professional athletes though. Im sure they will adjust

Edited by BrandonDell_

ALL of our recievers are from warm weather climates.

Julio- Alabama

Roddy-Alabama

Tony- California

Harry Douglas- Atlanta/Kentucky

I am least concerned about our QB (who played in the cold in High school and college). I am alot more concerned about how our recievers adapt. They are professional athletes though. Im sure they will adjust

Roddy went to college at UAB but is from South Carolina.

HOME - 194/298 (65.1%), 2,153 YDS (7.2), 11 TD, 9 INT - 86.2 QB Rating

ROAD - 228/317 (71.9%), 2,566 YDS (8.1), 21 TD, 5 INT - 111.3 QB Rating

TURF - 253/382 (66.2%), 2,843 YDS (7.4), 18 TD, 10 INT - 93.1 QB Rating

GRASS - 169/233 (72.5%), 1,876 YDS (8.1), 14 TD, 4 INT - 109.0 QB Rating

I think it's safe to say Matt Ryan put those myths to bed in 2012. So for all of you saying the Falcons can't go on the road in the playoffs and win you're wrong. The new and improved 2012 and beyond version of Matt Ryan is perfectly capable of winning on the road.

There is a difference playing on the road against good teams and playing on the road against bad teams. In the regular season you can play on the road against bad teams. In the postseason, you are most likely playing on the road against good teams.

Of the combined 2012 road games, the Falcons opponents were a combined 48-80. Further, none of those games were played in the cold. Someone above just listed all of your WRs come from warm weather backgrounds.

Just to compare, the 49ers road opponents were 69-58-1. Big difference between 48-80 and 69-58-1.

It is not just playing on the road. It is playing on the road against good teams. When you get to the playoffs, all of the teams are (or should be) good. And it is winter.

Edited by bt12483

There is a difference playing on the road against good teams and playing on the road against bad teams. In the regular season you can play on the road against bad teams. In the postseason, you are most likely playing on the road against good teams.

Of the combined 2012 road games, the Falcons opponents were a combined 48-80. Further, none of those games were played in the cold. Someone above just listed all of your WRs come from warm weather backgrounds.

Just to compare, the 49ers road opponents were 69-58-1. Big difference between 48-80 and 69-58-1.

It is not just playing on the road. It is playing on the road against good teams. When you get to the playoffs, all of the teams are (or should be) good. And it is winter.

Yeah because teams like the dolphins and titans (two of the ravens postseason opponents) are so tough....lol

Youre a joke.

The afc in general is pretty weak conference with only 3-4 good teams. THe NFC is LOADED with good teams, even the bad teams are pretty good . The 10-6 bears missed the playoffs in the NFC,

Edited by BrandonDell_

For the road number to be so much higher than the turf number and home numbers in general, Ryan must have had some bad home games. Maybe we should have thrown that week #16 Detroit game?

Falcons road opponents: 48-80

Falcons home opponents: 60-68

It does not surprise me to see greater stats on the road against weaker competition. Bad teams are bad home or away.

I am pretty sure the Falcons had the easiest SoS on the road in 2012.

It does not surprise me to see greater stats on the road against weaker competition. Bad teams are bad home or away.

They had the easiest overall sked with laughers KC, SD, Det, Wash and Philly on the road

The falcons played tougher competition at home and went undefeated at home until a meaningless week 17 game lol

Yeah because teams like the dolphins and titans (two of the ravens postseason opponents) are so tough....lol

Yeah, this again.

Do you realize how stupid it looks to say that a playoff win against a 13-3 Titans team in Tenn was an easy win? The titans literally were the #1 seed in the league that year. Did you even watch football back then?

I see you joined this forum only after the Falcons first playoff win...

The afc in general is pretty weak conference with only 3-4 good teams.
Yup. So weak it beat the team the Falcons couldn't.

The falcons played tougher competition at home and went undefeated at home until a meaningless week 17 game lol

Tougher competition than 48-80 isn't hard to do. "Tougher" doesn't necessarily = tough. The Falcons still had the easiest schedule in the league overall in 2012.

Tougher than a wet paper bag doesn't make you tough. It makes you tougher than a wet paper bag. Which ain't that tough.

Edited by bt12483

Yeah, this again.

13-3 team , #1 seed in the league that year.

Sounds familar eh?

And thanks for checking my information. I have actually been on these boards LONGER then that. Uusually just watching, never really commenting. I joined to COMMENT on a post . Most of my first few hundred post were debates I had with #1pick and others on here. You on the other hand said you visit OTHER boards, as much as you visit FALCONS boards, not even including the time you spend on RAVENS boards. You clearly neeed a LIFE outside of this internet ****. You''re on a teams boards your team hasnt played since 2010. If you are really on other boards as much as youre on here, YOU NEED A LIFE.

Its crucial

Edited by BrandonDell_