I Would Give My Life For Yours If It Were Possible

Nono

There is no way to ease into a topic about a deadly disease like leukemia. I have heard about it but never really new anyone aflicted with it nor understood exactly what it is till this week I was told my mother has it. At the age of 71 its generally not good either in older persons. True treatment has come a long way to helping people of all ages beat this and go into remission, but the life expectancy is grim.

I believe in her, the lord and jesus. I believe she will win this battle. Chemotherapy will hopefully work and this ugly cancer will rid itself from my mother's body.

She is a humble person, never taking much and loves her kids despite how bad I acted as a young person. She stood by me and never faltered when I was acting out. I don't think she does much for herself nor would she. She loves everyone and always finds the best in people rich, poor, no matter your background. The world needs more people like her and I am going to pray and stand by her till she beats this.

I would appreciate your prayers because she would love you too. Don't take her just yet--please.

Edited by Nono

Prayers bro, I see from your description she sounds like a salt of the earth type person, and rest assured because she is a fine Christian woman, no matter what happens with the cancer, she wins in the end ...my grandfather developed Leukemia at an advanced age, my mom took him almost daily for his transfusions ....he was able to hang in for a good while, and when he went, it was peacefully in his sleep....soon as I click off this thread, sending one up for you and your ma ....

Prayers bro, I see from your description she sounds like a salt of the earth type person, and rest assured because she is a fine Christian woman, no matter what happens with the cancer, she wins in the end ...my grandfather developed Leukemia at an advanced age, my mom took him almost daily for his transfusions ....he was able to hang in for a good while, and when he went, it was peacefully in his sleep....soon as I click off this thread, sending one up for you and your ma ....

Thank you for the kind words

I feel for you. I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was very young But hers was basically undetected/untreated until it was too late.

I am sorry lilhoney, I guess it is a pain that never fully heals. Thank you for your thoughts

I am sorry lilhoney, I guess it is a pain that never fully heals. Thank you for your thoughts

Luckily or you treatment is so much more advanced now. Your mom has an excellent chance I imagine.

Being th kind spirit you described her as will help no doubt because she will stay calm and not make it all about her. Mentally she can help her own healing along.