What Might Our 2013 Team Look Like?

I hope we do end up with Richard Seymour and cut Peria Jerry to compensate for the money paid to Seymour. Looking at this potential roster I like our defense maybe more than last year.

WR-White, Martell Moore

WR-Jones

WR-Douglas, Darius Johnson

TE-Gonzalez, Toilolo, Coffman

RB-Jackson, Rodgers, Snelling, Ronnie Wingo

FB-Ewing

QB-Ryan, Davis, Sean Renfree

LT-Baker, Terren Jones

LG-Blalock, Manley

OC-Konz, Hawley

RG-Reynolds, Manley

RT-Holmes, Johnson

PR-Biermann, Stansley Maponga

RE-Umeniora, Matthews

RT-Seymour, Robertson

LT-Babinaux, Peters

LE-Mallaciah Goodman, Massaquoi

LB-Weatherspoon, Schiller, Worrilow

LB-Nicholas, Dent

RC-Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford

NC-Mcclain, Thompson

FS-Decoud, Kemal Ishmael

SS-Moore, Mitchell, Zeke Motta

LC-Samuel, Robert Alford

5-2-4 defense

Biermann can move all around on the right with Osi to overload the blind side and on the left for a traditional 3-4 look. Worrilow has impressive athleticism and should be developed. Schiller should be ready to contribute. Dent should play faster as second year starter in 4-3 sets. The secondary will be last years tried and true will two talented rookies to replace Robinson.

At WR the big three return but Davis and Cone are not locks with new competition. Martell Moore has good size/speed and great hands. He tracks the ball exceptionally well making him an ideal fit outside backing up Jones and White. He makes catches that the average Davis does not and that should make him a favored target for Ryan who lays it up well for a guy that can haul it in. Darius Johnson is one of a few smaller slot type recievers brought in which makes me think they want one on the final roster. He also has great hands and will be able to make the catches that keep a drive alive on a less than perfect pass.

At RB Jackson is a huge upgrade over Turner from a burst through the line stand point. He also catches the ball well which now all of our backs do. Ronnie Wingo is Jackson sized and also catches the ball which is why I see him over Antone Smith despite Smiths excellant speed and nice kick coverage. I could be wrong there as Smith is likely a valued gunner and Wingo could be stashed on PS. Smith could however be in trouble if another gunner emerges. Ewing will hopefully be a weapon at FB nice hands.

Ryan is the man. Davis showed promise as a back up and they let the vet go. Renfree was hand picked and could be a steal if the David Cutcliffe protege can handle the wheel of a high powered offense after driving the beat down clunker he had to work with at duke.

The OL returns intact aside from Clabo. Reynolds returns as RG. Harold Gunn will have to beat Manley to stick around. Clabos release leaves a spot for one of the three undrafted OT's and Terren Jones looks like he could stay at LT. Shraeder looks like a RG for the PS but has Theo Goins to compete with for a PS spot. Alex Savoie is another hopeful that I cant find footage of as is undersized Will Post. Terren Jones is a mammoth and impressed me with his quickness out of his stance. He almost looks to be guilty of false start. Super fast especially for as big as he is. Also gets push and redirects. Can also get wide to block the outside rusher. Im very excited about him and feel he has the best chance to make it amoung the undrafted. Worrilow and Bartu have potential to make it this year or next. Recievers Moore and Johnson have the hands to impress and little to stand in their way. Wingo has a size advantage and could show better running and catching on offense.

Guest Masbinacci

I don't think Davis will be around much longer as backup QB, heard he's wanting a starting job anywhere.

1. who the heck told you that?

- a saints fan? #1 pick? heck ledbetter has not even said that one

2. he has been in the league for a year.

3. he was not even the back up QB last year

4. or are you just a troll?

I don't think Davis will be around much longer as backup QB, heard he's wanting a starting job anywhere.

I'm sure he does, but, the fact is, he's a UDFA with one season as a 3rd string QB. He needs to stay right where he's at and learn from matt Ryan. No other team is looking for him to be their starter. Actually, the falcons aren't going to just hand him the 2nd string QB spot. He has to earn it.

Guest Masbinacci

Lordy,man. Relax. He just wrote a thought.

you relax on amales, fried burritos, pig on a stick, corn dogs, cake, cake and more cake....And we will talk. until then stay in your bed with the wedding cake you stole from swifts wedding at.

EDIT: just my thought. ;)

Good post. I definitely agree with you here. Especially on defense. We will be doing some fun stuff with these guys and it will be like having a couple extra "starters" because time will be split so much. Kroy may not be starting in the lineup but he will be on the field as much as any of the DEs.

NFL network actually talked about when we drafted Renfree .. Came out and said Davis was interested in finding a starting role somewhere in the NFL.. Happy?

1. who the heck told you that?

- a saints fan? #1 pick? heck ledbetter has not even said that one

2. he has been in the league for a year.

3. he was not even the back up QB last year

4. or are you just a troll?

Edited by Bryan-_-

Guest Masbinacci

NFL network actually talked about when we drafted Renfree .. Came out and said Davis was interested in finding a starting role somewhere in the NFL.. Happy?

1. who is not interested in a starting position?

2. who thinks they do not deserve a starting role?

3. you think a 3rd string, who is in contract who was what drafted in what round...... oh yeah "un" drafted. has a lot of say so only after a year.

4. What has he done?

- don't get me wrng he looked great against some third string players (who rarely end up making the roster), but has he took a snap in the regular season?

Therefore the guy has no shot going anywhere.

Furthermore I do not believe he is looking. give me an article of him saying it. not some he said she said story.

so am I happy???? No, you gave me a he said she said story. you'll pick up to back your stories up with at least a link, and if you really want to stand by it, you need to provide a good person.

so you got a link? video of them saying this? Cause I love to see who said it.

Cause if they knew anything our backup QB is gone. and they probably forgot that, like they usually do.

I hope Dominique Davis is a starting calibur QB that we can trade for high picks in a couple of years. For now he is very cheap insurance behind Ryan whose only chance at starting is injury. Im glad he has fire though. He puts himself in QB needy teams minds even more than his good play already did. Still early to talk trades, next off season at the earliest. Renfree is a career back up that should quietly hold the clipboard.

If I remember correctly it was Trey Wingo that brought Davis looking for a starting role and Falcons using Renfree for a backup to Ryan. But so far I can't find the audio..

I know to you it means it didn't happen, nothing I can do to change that. But to get back on topic, I don't think Davis will beat Renfree out once he's back healthy.

Guest Masbinacci

If I remember correctly it was Trey Wingo that brought Davis looking for a starting role and Falcons using Renfree for a backup to Ryan. But so far I can't find the audio..

I know to you it means it didn't happen, nothing I can do to change that. But to get back on topic, I don't think Davis will beat Renfree out once he's back healthy.

I'll take your word. I do not think they thought about it though. And wonder how it was said.

"Davis needs to be looking for a starting spot" or Davis said......

That's what I'm really wanting to know.