Patriots Week 4

hjerry

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots "(don't) know" how serious Rob Gronkowski's back injury is.

"I wish I knew as much as you'd like me to know," were the words of owner Robert Kraft. Rapoport believes the Pats should consider placing Gronk on the reserve/PUP list, which would hold him out for the first six games of the season. Depending on how Gronk's expected back operation goes, they may not have a choice.

He'd be absent when they played us, just thought that was significant.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait 'til we are a good enough team that fans won't feel compelled to wallow in the misfortune of other franchises.

That's a pretty strong way to look at this. lol

Don't kid yourself either , fans of every team talk about injuries to their opponents and Gronk is huge for them. I was just in a discussion about injuries in RC earlier with fans from about a half a dozen teams.

That's a pretty strong way to look at this. lol

Don't kid yourself either , fans of every team talk about injuries to their opponents and Gronk is huge for them. I was just in a discussion about injuries in RC earlier with fans from about a half a dozen teams.

How many Crabtree threads were made earlier this week? Did the comments have a decidedly "all the best in rehab Michael" tone or a "Kaepernick is fukked now" tone?

I can't wait 'til we are a good enough team that fans won't feel compelled to wallow in the misfortune of other franchises.

It's not like I'm happy that he's hurt. I just thought that it was significant that one of their best players wouldn't be there, when they played us. I post it all the same if we was out b/c he was on vacation or something else, supposing that there are other possible reasons for him to be out.

How many Crabtree threads were made earlier this week? Did the comments have a decidedly "all the best in rehab Michael" tone or a "Kaepernick is fukked now" tone?

That is just a serious dislike for the Niners that I think most of us feel. You are right though , the majority was definitely " Suck it Kaepernick! ". I can guarantee you too that if Roddy or Julio were to go down they would be talking about us.

This one will be tough for me. My family has been divided for years between the Patriots and Falcons. My mother's side came from Worcester, Mass....my father's has been in Georgia since it was a state.

Gronk is an absolute beast. Most reports were saying his back surgery was very minor and he should recover in the same time frame as his forearm. Also have Hernandez to worry about.

That being said....my entire family will be at that game. Half in Pats jerseys....the other in Falcons. Now what do I wear???? Since the Falcons are at home, probably the Ryan jersey with a Pats hat.....that way I don't catch BS from anyone....ha

It's not like I'm happy that he's hurt. I just thought that it was significant that one of their best players wouldn't be there, when they played us. I post it all the same if we was out b/c he was on vacation or something else, supposing that there are other possible reasons for him to be out.

Don't worry about it. Had you not beat me to it, I would have posted it. That's what TATF is all about IMO.

Guest King Jigsaw

Does this guy ever post anything positive or is his only agenda the beration of this fanbase he claims to be a part of? Like seriously, chill out.

Again, not celebrating, just reporting, just like I would if an important player was cut or traded.

I know you're not, but others lack that self-discipline.

Hated rival makes a bad trade, or silly draft pick or star player gets caught with angie, then it's open season because you're making fun of their bad judgment. Celebrating a player injury is not something they had any control over, merely misfortune. Cheering competitive advantage in that is classless.