Time For The Sec To Take Away Alabama's Annual Guarantee Game Against Tennessee.

SacFalcFan

I hate articles like that. Might as well take away the cocktail party while you're at it.

les miles is one of a few that are attacking the cross divisional yearly rivalries.. why? he doesn't like it that bama gets a bad volunteer program right now and he gets a florida program that has have very few bad years in the past 2 decades. i have to agree with him this year where bama has a very easy schedule and they have a tough one due to having to play florida and uga in the sec. les miles needs to not follow the whiney spurrier's example of what not to do when the schedule is not in your favor, he needs to shut up and play the games. i don't hear CMR whining like spurrier for having a tougher schedule this year. just suck it up and play, don't be a baby and try to stop traditional rivalries that we have in the sec.

UT has been a guaranteed victory for just about everybody in the SEC the last 3 to 4 years, even Vandy beat up on them last year. But, I agree, traditional rivalries need to stay.

Dumb article. It wasn't long ago that UT was slapping us (and most everybody else in the SEC) around every year. I could maybe see the point with a cross rivalry with a traditional bottom dweller like Kentucky or Vandy but not a team who has a BCS title on its resume and a storied history of winning football. Like Florida's swoon in the Zook years, Tennessee will be back.

UT has been a guaranteed victory for just about everybody in the SEC the last 3 to 4 years, even Vandy beat up on them last year. But, I agree, traditional rivalries need to stay.

hopefully they won't listen to guys like les miles and change this.. the sec is all about tradition and it's why it is the best conference in the nation from the cowbells to the hedges to the rivalry games and everything else in between.

hopefully they won't listen to guys like les miles and change this.. the sec is all about tradition and it's why it is the best conference in the nation from the cowbells to the hedges to the rivalry games and everything else in between.

Disagree. It's the best conference cause they have the lowest academic standards in the states with the most football talent. The big 10 arguably has as much tradition.

Disagree. It's the best conference cause they have the lowest academic standards in the states with the most football talent. The big 10 arguably has as much tradition.

please provide a link that breaks this down (a blanket statement doesn't work here) because if not i don't think that is true at all and no offense meant man, but coming from a north carolina fan with the academic issues your university has been accused of i wouldn't throw barbs at the SEC. you are right "arguably" is the term to use. part of what makes the SEC great is the tradition from the south's oldest rivalry to the other great traditions this conference has.

please provide a link that breaks this down (a blanket statement doesn't work here) because if not i don't think that is true at all and no offense meant man, but coming from a north carolina fan with the academic issues your university has been accused of i wouldn't throw barbs at the SEC. you are right "arguably" is the term to use. part of what makes the SEC great is the tradition from the south's oldest rivalry to the other great traditions this conference has.

all i was saying wink.png The souths oldest rivalry belongs to UNC and UVA though. The DEEP south however wink.png Also our academic issues have nothing to do with the athletics department so you can go ahead and write that up as having no relevance to the conversation.

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegeprofiles/p/UNC_Chapel_Hill.htm

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegeprofiles/p/LSU_Profile.htm