Ryan Contract Stalemate?

jb 3.0

They dont want that dragging into the season. Its bad media they dont want to have to deal with

Like it says in the article, It looks like Ryan ans his agent want to be paid like Flacco, Rogers & Brees, while management is pointing to the Lombardi Trophy, saying he would had he won one already. They have a sound stance, seeing all the offensive talent they've put around him since he came into the league. I'm sure this gets done soon though.

Yeah i think it'll be bigger than Romo's not quite Flaccos. Although i still say Ryan>Flacco despite Flaccos ONE remarkable postseason run.

6 year 115 or some ****.

He deserves at least what Romo received!

Thinking on it. Ryan could be the first player to earn 200 million in contract money (unless someone has already Vick never saw most the money from his contracts). 6 year 72 million. This new deal is gonna push 115. Plus probably one more decent contract. **** Matt. Lol

Excuse me because I'm paraphrasing terribly here and my memory might be off on this, but I heard the Falcons had somewhere around $2 million in cap space before they signed their rookies.

How in the FUG is Ryan going to sign a top-tier QB contract like that this offseason without you guys making some significant changes? Then you've still got Julio's no doubt superstar contract that's looming around the corner.

Excuse me because I'm paraphrasing terribly here and my memory might be off on this, but I heard the Falcons had somewhere around $2 million in cap space before they signed their rookies.

How in the FUG is Ryan going to sign a top-tier QB contract like that this offseason without you guys making some significant changes? Then you've still got Julio's no doubt superstar contract that's looming around the corner.

Cause Ryan is already getting paid big time from his rookie contract.

They're going to be freeing up some cap space come June 1st due to the release of Claybo, which is really the only reason they let him go. This, and the fact that a lot of Ryan's new deal will more than likely be counted more in future seasons, than the 2013 season. They'll be able to fit him in under the cap, but they're gonna start having cap issues after the 2015 season, especially if they try and keep both Jones & White. Which I don't see happening.

Like it says in the article, It looks like Ryan ans his agent want to be paid like Flacco, Rogers & Brees, while management is pointing to the Lombardi Trophy, saying he would had he won one already. They have a sound stance, seeing all the offensive talent they've put around him since he came into the league. I'm sure this gets done soon though.

He should get paid like Romo. Period.

Flacco, Rogers and Brees have Trophies.

This story HAS to be false. I've read on TATF for MONTHS that Matt Ryan's heart and soul is like a big ole pile of soft, warm, fuzzy bunnies who would never, ever ask for a contract that might hurt the feelings of mere mortals that roam a fan forum and/or the salary cap of the falcons.It just won't happen.

This story HAS to be false. I've read on TATF for MONTHS that Matt Ryan's heart and soul is like a big ole pile of soft, warm, fuzzy bunnies who would never, ever ask for a contract that might hurt the feelings of mere mortals that roam a fan forum and/or the salary cap of the falcons.It just won't happen.

And you KNOW nothing over there would ever be posted unless it was the absolute TRUTH!laugh.png

at this point both sides are posturing

its like the opening moves in chess. both sides know what the first moves will look like....takes a few moves for things to get interesting

Falcons will have more money after june 1 so... that might be 1 delay.

Condon has the queen and the falcons have nothing but pawns. He controls Ryan and he knows the falcons will never let him walk away. So he is gonna get paid.

Blank has never been shy about hooking his qb`s up. But these contracts cripple teams free money. It takes time if you dont have a bucs stash already freed up.

Falcons will have more money after june 1 so... that might be 1 delay.

Condon has the queen and the falcons have nothing but pawns. He controls Ryan and he knows the falcons will never let him walk away. So he is gonna get paid.

Blank has never been shy about hooking his qb`s up. But these contracts cripple teams free money. It takes time if you dont have a bucs stash already freed up.

It takes time because of the contract details, but the current cap situation is not the reason. His first couple seasons will be at a lower hit than he currently inflicts.

I really hope Condon dies in a fire. That's why the Brees contract was bittersweet for me. I was like uhh Y'all know Ryan got the same agent. It'll get done. It ain't gone be cheap.

Why do ya think his clients love him?