Germans Know Why Fraking Is Wrong.

Tuggle'2

http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/german-brewers-oppose-fracking-because-of-fear-over-clean-water-a-901474.html

Forget environmental concerns: When it comes to fracking, Germans are worried about how it might affect beer quality. In a letter to several ministries in Berlin, brewers expressed concern that the exploitation of shale gas could contaminate water supplies and thus violate the beer purity law of 1516.

The heII with your tap water becoming flammable , BEER!

I just love that it is actually a law. Germans don't mess around with their beer. This article shows that. lol

The US has laws on what constitutes and what can be sold as different kinds of whiskey like bourbon or Tennessee whiskey, like strict percentages of how much is corn-based and whatnot.

Anyway, good for the Germans. It should be obvious on its face that pumping toxic, carcinogenic poison into the ground by the millions of barrels is a bad idea, but whatever it takes.

IIRC, the Bavarian king made the law since brewers were driving up the price of wheat which, in turn, was threatening to cause a famine so he banned them from using wheat.

Yep.

Reinheitsgebot was introduced in part to prevent price competition with bakers for wheat and rye. The restriction of grains to barley was meant to ensure the availability of sufficient amounts of affordable bread, as the more valuable wheat and rye were reserved for use by bakers. Today many Bavarian beers are again brewed using wheat and are thus no longer compliant with the Reinheitsgebot.

Worst part is that they also made it illegal for tesla to email their customers to tell them that their government sold them down the river.

People wonder why the majority of Americans and the entire world really think our Government is broken. It has nothing to do with the President either. It's congress.

People wonder why the majority of Americans and the entire world really think our Government is broken. It has nothing to do with the President either. It's congress.

The president was a member of Congress before he became president. Trust me, he's in on the hustle too.

Edited by Gritzblitz 2.0

The president was a member of Congress before he became president. Trust me, he's in on the hustle too.

I get that but I was speaking more on the office than the actual president. When the senate , or the people voting for them decide to make a real change the country will get better.

I get that but I was speaking more on the office than the actual president. When the senate , or the people voting for them decide to make a real change the country will get better.

Do you mean a third party? Because the two we have are bought and paid for largely by the same people. People mistakenly believe that the media wants you to vote democrat when actually they just want you pick one side or the other. Their coverage makes it obvious that want to keep the country neatly divided into one of two cheering sections. Third parties don't have a prayer. Especially with a public that wants to remain blissfully unaware.

Do you mean a third party? Because the two we have are bought and paid for largely by the same people. People mistakenly believe that the media wants you to vote democrat when actually they just want you pick one side or the other. Their coverage makes it obvious that want to keep the country neatly divided into one of two cheering sections. Third parties don't have a prayer. Especially with a public that wants to remain blissfully unaware.

No I meant accountability more than anything else. Everyone preaches change and there seems to be a real want for it but in the end the lobbyists still run the show. This is a perfect example of it. When they purposely make it hard for an electric car company to make headway by passing laws against them.

Word. We value oil so much, states actually make laws preventing small Electric car companies from selling their cars in their state.

Relevant.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/05/24/.UZ-TuPf4XhQ.reddit

Sore 'losers'

By Steve Benen

-

Fri May 24, 2013 11:35 AM EDT

Associated Press

After all the Republican complaints last year about the Obama administration's loan to Tesla Motors, I was eager to hear how GOP officials would respond to the news that the auto manufacturer is paying off its taxpayer loans nine years earlier than expected.

Alas, they're not responding well.

"When they're picking all these losers, it's nice for them to have one where they can point to," Representative Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican who held a hearing last month on Fisker's loan, said in an interview yesterday.

There are two broad problems with this approach -- one political and one substantive.

On the former, as Markos noted yesterday, it is a bit unseemly to see an elected member of Congress root against a loan program that benefits American companies. There's nothing wrong with cheering some good news, even if you predicted bad news.

On the latter, Rep. Jordan makes it sound as if the Department of Energy's clean-energy loan program has generally been a failure, and isolated success stories don't change that. Except, that's backwards -- the program has generally done quite well, and isolated failures don't change that. As the New York Times reported yesterday

"Today's repayment is the latest indication that the Energy Department's portfolio of more than 30 loans is delivering big results for the American economy while costing far less than anticipated," Ernest Moniz, the energy secretary, said in a statement. [...]

"Tesla is arguably making the most exciting car in the world today," said [Greg Kats, president of Capital-E, a firm that invests in clean-energy companies], who worked in the Energy Department during the Clinton administration. "This loan program has exceeded expectations."

Fortune's Dan Primack added that there is "now a very real chance" that the Department of Energy loan program "will end up in the black."

Anything to add, Congressman Jordan?

( laugh.png )

Word. We value oil so much, states actually make laws preventing small Electric car companies from selling their cars in their state.

I don't think that is an accurate statement. They aren't preventing them from selling cars in the state, just that they, like any other manufacturer can't sell directly to the public. FYI, it is like that in GA, and as a small time motorcycle manufacturer, I have the same issue. There would be nothing from stopping me(or Tesla) from opening a store in that state to sell to the public.