Police: Man Tried Forging Falcons' Checks

Supes™

By Marcus K. Garner

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Gwinnett County police are looking for a Norcross man they say tried to forge an old rent check from Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones.

According to police reports, Corey Dajohn Moody, 29, altered checks written by Jones and former Falcon cornerback Christopher Owens, and tried to cash or deposit them.

Arrest warrants, filed last week, charge Moody with two counts of theft by receiving stolen property.

Moody, police said, used to work at the Preserve at Mill Creek where the two ball players lived, and stole their June rent checks.

The checks were filed at the office of the Buford apartment complex after being scanned for electronic deposit, police said.

With Jones’ $1,500 check, police said Moody attempted – but failed – to make a deposit using a Chase Bank smartphone app sometime in January.

Around the same time, he changed the check number on Owens’ payment from “217” to “1217” and was able to cash the check for $1,243.60 at a Chase branch, according to police reports.

Bank officials caught both forgery attempts and alerted police, refunding money back to Owens, who now plays for the Cleveland Browns.

Moody remains at large, and police continue to investigate.

http://www.ajc.com/n...s-checks/nXz57/

What??? Julio can't afford to buy a house??? blink.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laugh.png

Nothing like the real estate data on the internet.

We know where he lives, what he paid for the house, and property taxes.

We even got to see the interior photos.

Lol. Nothing is private anymore.

I am the Liam Neeson of the internet ph34r.png

You could not pay me to live at Preserve at Mill Creek. It is at the first light on 20 by the mall of georgia going towards buford. The traffic would be unbelievable. Im getting frustrated just thinking about it.

You could not pay me to live at Preserve at Mill Creek. It is at the first light on 20 by the mall of georgia going towards buford. The traffic would be unbelievable. Im getting frustrated just thinking about it.

Yea no doubt, that area is a knot in the gut is what that chit is, fk traffic, and everything it stands for ..

Yea no doubt, that area is a knot in the gut is what that chit is, fk traffic, and everything it stands for ..

You cannot drive over there during the holidays. Imagine if you LIVED there. OMG. Ive lived on Peachtree Street in midtown and omg I would think Julios apartment would be 100x worse

Guest Masbinacci

Its valued at $1.2M , its GA, so real estate is very affordable.

braynt got a house that is twice as much, but he paid half as much of what Julio did.

laugh.png

Nothing like the real estate data on the internet.

We know where he lives, what he paid for the house, and property taxes.

We even got to see the interior photos.

The interwebz is a powerful drug!

I like to think that TATF cyber stalked Julio Jones.