Will Smith Moved To Outside Linebacker

Aquietguy

What is the meaning of this move? Does it say that the Saints are so convident in what we have as far as interior linemen after drafting Jenkins. I seriously doubt that they don't have convidence in our OLB's. Question is can be make the move? He'd have to drop some weight.

What is the meaning of this move? Does it say that the Saints are so convident in what we have as far as interior linemen after drafting Jenkins. I seriously doubt that they don't have convidence in our OLB's. Question is can be make the move? He'd have to drop some weight.

You all are moving to a 3-4 this season, right? Makes sense to me.

Guest Masbinacci

He's just trying to stay on the roster this season. I doubt he is on the roster come week 1.

This is pretty much what I was thinking with this move.

you think they will let him go?

why? cause of the 3-4 move? and like what happened with freeney?

But if y'all cut him I would not mind at all picking him....but he'll be more then what we wll have after we sign Seymour.

Guest Masbinacci

He's not a speed de He's better against the run.

point and case why I would take him. :D

If Greg Ellis made the switch I'm sure thus guy can.

But with Ryan calling the plays you're gonna see him out in coverage a whole lot more than you'd like.

lets hope so

I would pay a whole Dollar to see W Smith try to Cover TG lol

lets hope so

I would pay a whole Dollar to see W Smith try to Cover TG lol

Just like us Saints fans will pay anything to watch your LBs try to cover Graham.

All of them.

At one time.

Trying to cover JG!

I think its odd. Hes still good enough to rush from a 34 de 1 gap defense. I dont see the 34 olb n him though.

I'm sure the saints feel the same way bout graham and spoon.

Except spoon is supposed to be a good coverage lb

Funny how shred thinks that Brees is in decline mode,but still thinks TG. is "elite"

Smith was balls on a few years ago, and now he's suddenly expendable? What happened?

He's more run defender than pass rusher, but possesses a contract worthy of a top pass rusher. He agreed to a huge paycut this year, but he's still due to be the 2nd biggest cap hit next year. Not a good combination as the new scheme has likely reduced him to a situational player.

He's more run defender than pass rusher, but possesses a contract worthy of a top pass rusher. He agreed to a huge paycut this year, but he's still due to be the 2nd biggest cap hit next year. Not a good combination as the new scheme has likely reduced him to a situational player.

Be was never worthy of the contract. A solid player but not game changer. Not by a long shot.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Masbinacci

Bump... I'm bumping any post that is football talk an not drama.

One way to quit the drama, is to stop caring and replying to it. Let these fools talk among their self and stay out of it. (they eventually die off)

That's my two cents. Now enjoy all the football bumps.