The Losers Pay Back The Doe Loan 9 Years Early.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/22/tesla-motors-repaid-doe-loan/

With a wire transfer of $451.8 million, Elon Musk has finally made good on his promise to repay the hefty loan Tesla received from the Department of Energy well ahead of its 2022 due date, beating even Musk's own five-year estimate. This comes on the heels of a very profitable first quarter, and is yet another sign the electric car maker is doing quite well on the greener side of things, despite a touch of bad press earlier this year. For more on what Tesla has to say about this milestone, check the press release after the break.

iVcxlbt.gif

I definitely thing Tesla is the exception in the current market. the market could probably only handle one company. I think that Tesla was smart by comping out with a rebranded lotus as their first car instead of just making one from scratch like Fisker. Also Fisker relied on another company for batteries, who went under before it. I do not think the market will be able to handle another full electric auto company until the infrastructure gets there.

Although, a new company( revival of an old company) Detroit Electric seems to be following in Tesla's footsteps. Their first car was also a roadster based on the Lotus.

Tesla-Roadster-Sport_02.jpg

006-detroit-electric-sp01-live-1365039488.jpg

It needs to start somehwere and I'm glad Tesla is at least starting off well.

The GOP resistance to this company is so transparent

WHY on earth would GOP be against it?

American made, creating American jobs, leading the industry in a newish field etc. etc.

The only obvious reason is Oil is paying off the GOP and the GOP is trying to portray a message of non masculinity to it's base through the typical fox type outlets.

It just boggles my mind that things like this are met with so much cave man like disdain. It is like bizaro world type stuff.

"Mongo think gas car more manly me not like wimpy electric car me think manly gas last forever cause that what news told me, me buy big gas guzzling SUV and buy more guns on the way home cause me man"

Edited by MAD597

It needs to start somehwere and I'm glad Tesla is at least starting off well.

The GOP resistance to this company is so transparent

WHY on earth would GOP be against it?

American made, creating American jobs, leading the industry in a newish field etc. etc.

The only obvious reason is Oil is paying off the GOP and the GOP is trying to portray a message of non masculinity to it's base through the typical fox type outlets.

It just boggles my mind that things like this are met with so much cave man like disdain. It is like bizaro world type stuff.

"Mongo think gas car more manly me not like wimpy electric car me think manly gas last forever cause that what news told me, me buy big gas guzzling SUV and buy more guns on the way home cause me man"

There aren't exactly an army of Democrats promoting safe, clean energy, either. Same with food standards. They're the two biggest issues, and the two issues where Rs and Ds are lockstep with major corporations.

There aren't exactly an army of Democrats promoting safe, clean energy, either. Same with food standards. They're the two biggest issues, and the two issues where Rs and Ds are lockstep with major corporations.

True but I still don't see Democrats and Democratic mouth pieces actively trying to shoot down Tesla or even the idea of electric cars like we see on the GOP side. It's not a passive thing it is like an attack on the entire concept of clean energy cars.

True but I still don't see Democrats and Democratic mouth pieces actively trying to shoot down Tesla or even the idea of electric cars like we see on the GOP side. It's not a passive thing it is like an attack on the entire concept of clean energy cars.

I understand. The attack on science is patently absurd.

I choose to focus on people's actions, particularly the actions of people with the power to address these issues, and my disappointment with the Democrats in huge, and intense. They ran on a platform that they have no intention of honoring...even a little bit. Granted, some of that is thanks to Congress, but a lot of it is just willful apathy.

Our food standards are comical compared to the rest of the world.

I understand. The attack on science is patently absurd.

I choose to focus on people's actions, particularly the actions of people with the power to address these issues, and my disappointment with the Democrats in huge, and intense. They ran on a platform that they have no intention of honoring...even a little bit. Granted, some of that is thanks to Congress, but a lot of it is just willful apathy.

Our food standards are comical compared to the rest of the world.

Yes lack of action and bending over is a huge issue with this administration. We are already in deadlock the Left might as well stick up for their beliefs since nothing is getting done anyway.

Yes lack of action and bending over is a huge issue with this administration. We are already in deadlock the Left might as well stick up for their beliefs since nothing is getting done anyway.

I am not so sure they believe it. They just want the (both sides) and will do virtually anything to get it.

I am not so sure they believe it. They just want the (both sides) and will do virtually anything to get it.

Well besides a few tricks Obama was able to pull nothing is getting done, he is obviously not going to be President again so now would be the correct time to grow a back bone and literally stop ***** footing around.

The GOP needs to literally be called out for the crap they are doing, by being politically correct and trying to be nice about the GOP's recent tactics it obscures the issues and allows the GOP to keep up their crap.

Someone in a high profile position on the left REALLY needs to grow a back bone

Come out and spell out exactly what the GOP is doing in normal English and pull no punches

The GOP is literally trying to screw the middle class, women, minorities and catering to it's corporate base by spreading crap about new technologies through their Anti Science crusade.

Anti Science is trying to dispel any new technologies that take away money from established industries like Oil that pay the GOP greatly

The GOP is using loop holes and made up building code violations to eliminate abortion clinics\ women health clinics in ENTIRE states effectively removing a woman's right to preventive care and abortions.Plus using other legislation to give fetus's citizen rights also preventing a woman's right to abortion.

Gerry Mandering districts to make sure grouped minorities votes are useless.

It is pretty easy to connect these dots, people in power though are to scared to spell it out for the normal person. It needs to be done though.

From Corporations to legislation to Media outlets to the actual legislation districts being drawn up in local districts the GOP has a complete system from start to finish to feed false crap to their base and skew elections in their favor and no one is willing to shine the light on this OBVIOUS situation of lies and deceit.

And in the end the Left is just as guilty cause they know it is happening and are to spineless to CLEARLY call it out with NO sugar coating and stop it.

This picture is more relevant than it should be

Simpsons-Springfield-Republican-Party-Headquarters-1.jpg

Edited by MAD597

I definitely thing Tesla is the exception in the current market. the market could probably only handle one company. I think that Tesla was smart by comping out with a rebranded lotus as their first car instead of just making one from scratch like Fisker. Also Fisker relied on another company for batteries, who went under before it. I do not think the market will be able to handle another full electric auto company until the infrastructure gets there.

Although, a new company( revival of an old company) Detroit Electric seems to be following in Tesla's footsteps. Their first car was also a roadster based on the Lotus.

Fisker definitely dropped the ball. They have a gorgeous design, but the car has many mechanical/electrical issues and doesn't have the performance to match its look.

fisker-karma044_opt.jpg

Fisker-Karma_2012_photo_c9.jpg