49Ers Michael Crabtree Out For Season...torn Achilles

kmbutts

Boldin grabbed some very tough catches in play offs. He should step in and play at high level.

Thats ASSUMING Kaepernick doesnt take a step back (which I think he will).

The read option will be very limited this season now that DC have had a full offseason to break it down just like the pistol. Kaepernick will struggle alot. Wilson will be just fine without the read option. Kaepernick....not so much

Expect the seahawks to take the nfc west

Edited by BrandonDell_

Thats ASSUMING Kaepernick doesnt take a step back (which I think he will).

The read option will be very limited this season now that DC have had a full offseason to break it down just like the pistol. Kaepernick will struggle alot. Wilson will be just fine without the read option. Kaepernick....not so much

Expect the seahawks to take the nfc west

Unfortunately this means if kap does take a step back, they will use crabtree as an excuse

Unfortunately this means if kap does take a step back, they will use crabtree as an excuse

The 49ers will regret giving up alex smith once they realize he isnt that good of a QB. I think 49ers will figure that out this year when wilson starts dominating the nfc west....

Edited by BrandonDell_

The 49ers will regret giving up alex smith once they realize he isnt that good of a QB. I think 49ers will figure that out this year when wilson starts dominating the nfc west....

They have very good OC and a great OL. They run different formations and its hard for defense to catchup. However, there is a risk that after two years of tape, they might not be that effective.

I really believe that Ravens fans will discover very early on, how valuable Boldin was to that offense.

Speaking as a Raven fan...I'm not too worried.

I love Boldin, but as this point he is effectively a TE. He has no speed, but can box out DBs with his size and strength. The best thing about Boldin was when he went into beastmode. But that didn't happen much. Most notably in a regular season game against Pitt and this past playoffs. Boldin went beastmode this past playoffs because he really, really, really wanted a ring after falling short with AZ and in his first 2 years with Baltimore.

Boldin stats in Baltimore:

2010: 64/837, 7 TD

2011: 57/887, 3 TD

2012: 65/921, 4 TD

Boldin had six 100 yard games in 3 regular seasons in Baltimore. Another 3 in 3 postseasons.

For example, Torrey Smith:

2011: 50/841, 7 TD

2012: 49/855, 8 TD

Clearly Torrey needs to be utilized more. Torrey should easily increase receptions by 20, and our TE's and WR2 can make up for any other shortcomings.

I also expect the Ravens to run a two-headed monster backfield comprising Rice and Pierce, with the potential for Pierce to be heavily utilized as a runner and Rice turned into more of a Sproles type receiving RB (moreso than he already has been).

If the 49ers are expecting Boldin to be a #1 I just don't know if that is a good combination at this point in Boldin's career. But who knows, maybe he still is a 1,000 yard WR, merely held back by the Ravens offensive scheme.

Edited by bt12483

I heard it was ACL but either way a huge blow for them. Sorry to hear that.

Like someone else said, Boldin is good but he's essentially a glorified TE at this stage in his career. I thought they drafted a WR fairly high but they'll probably need to kick the tires on one of these veterans out here. Maybe even bring Moss back.

Like someone else said, Boldin is good but he's essentially a glorified TE at this stage in his career.

People are clouded by his recent playoff performance. His regular season stats are nothing special, at least with Baltimore (and I fully admit that our offensive is not the most WR friendly offense...we are still primarily a run team). However, I would argue SF is similar in that regard.

Boldin brings attitude and toughness to the offensive side of the ball. I am sure he will make plays for them. But Boldin was really helped the last 2 years by Torrey taking the top off of the DEF. If Jenkins can't do that in SF, opposing defenses won;t be so spread out, which could hurt Boldin's chances at getting open.

Losing Crabtree is a huge blow.

Speaking as a Raven fan...I'm not too worried.

I love Boldin, but as this point he is effectively a TE. He has no speed, but can box out DBs with his size and strength. The best thing about Boldin was when he went into beastmode. But that didn't happen much. Most notably in a regular season game against Pitt and this past playoffs. Boldin went beastmode this past playoffs because he really, really, really wanted a ring after falling short with AZ and in his first 2 years with Baltimore.

Boldin stats in Baltimore:

2010: 64/837, 7 TD

2011: 57/887, 3 TD

2012: 65/921, 4 TD

Boldin had six 100 yard games in 3 regular seasons in Baltimore. Another 3 in 3 postseasons.

For example, Torrey Smith:

2011: 50/841, 7 TD

2012: 49/855, 8 TD

Clearly Torrey needs to be utilized more. Torrey should easily increase receptions by 20, and our TE's and WR2 can make up for any other shortcomings.

I also expect the Ravens to run a two-headed monster backfield comprising Rice and Pierce, with the potential for Pierce to be heavily utilized as a runner and Rice turned into more of a Sproles type receiving RB (moreso than he already has been).

If the 49ers are expecting Boldin to be a #1 I just don't know if that is a good combination at this point in Boldin's career. But who knows, maybe he still is a 1,000 yard WR, merely held back by the Ravens offensive scheme.

Exactly. They will basically be relying on Davis and Gore (and gore is now 30 the age of death for MOST RBs, maybe he and jackson are the exception).

They better pray the rookies step up in a major way and boldin plays how he played in the postseason. I really see CK taking a step back this year which could REALLY hurt the 49ers...

Exactly. They will basically be relying on Davis and Gore (and gore is now 30 the age of death for MOST RBs, maybe he and jackson are the exception).

They better pray the rookies step up in a major way and boldin plays how he played in the postseason. I really see CK taking a step back this year which could REALLY hurt the 49ers...

Manningham and Kyle Williams both recovering from torn ACLs too. Pretty sure Kendall Hunter also coming back from major injury.

Vernon and Boldin won't look too much different on the field in SF. Think of it as a 2 TE formation. Davis is actually much faster.

They better hope that Jenkins kid can contribute.

Don't be shocked if they call up Brandon Lloyd, though I am not sure he gives them what they need.

I expect a lot of Gore (might as well burn up what he has left) and more stuff featuring speedster James.

Good news for the Falcons I guess. You never know how teams will react to injury. This could put a chip on their shoulder.