Ajc Poll: How Much Should Ryan Get Paid? And Ryan To Join 100 M Club.

Looks like fans think Ryan should be paid like Romo.

http://www.ajc.com/p...t-ryan/results/

Ryan projected to join $100 million club

By D. Orlando Ledbetter

In the coming days, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is set to join the National Football League’s $100 million club.

The Falcons want to lock up Ryan for the future. He's guided the team to five straight winning seasons and two NFC South titles. General manager Thomas Dimitroff has said they want to do Ryan's deal in a creative manner that will not severely hamper the team’s long-term salary-cap situation.

The topic of Ryan’s contract came up on NFL Radio SiriusXM as commentators Tim Ryan (no relation to Matt) and Pat Kirwandiscussed the pending contract extension.

They used New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees’ five-year, $100-million contract and Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco’s six-year, $120-million deal as comparable deals.

Tim Ryan projected that Matt Ryan’s deal would be for six years, $100 million with $32 to $35 million guaranteed.

Kirwan projected that the deal would be five years, $100 million with $35 million guaranteed.

“He will be one of the guys to crack the $20 (million a year) mark,” Kirwan said. “That’s the market.”

The Falcons salary cap structure moving forward will like the Indianapolis Colts when they had Peyton Manning directing their team. There will be a premium on young players performing on their first contracts.

Not hard to set up a Bot to go in and vote over and over again. I know a guy who did it in a Miami Herald poll down here. It was for something much more important though. Legislation on charter schools.

Not saying that happened at all. It would be retarded. Just something that this reminded me of.

Not hard to set up a Bot to go in and vote over and over again. I know a guy who did it in a Miami Herald poll down here. It was for something much more important though. Legislation on charter schools.

Not saying that happened at all. It would be ********. Just something that this reminded me of.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened. But the AJC poll will have zero value in this case.

I'd be ok with a Romo type contract. Think it is kind of ******** for people to want him to get paid more just so they can pretend it somewhat validates their opinion of him. The more Ryan makes the worse off the team will be, it is the same with any player. the difference between 15M a year and 20M a year isn't going to make him a better QB, he will be good no matter what we pay him, but the difference between 15M and 20M a year can help the Falcons put together a better team.

Shockingly the fans chose the cheapest version.

why wouldn't they? If we could get away with paying Ryan $2.50 and Julio $1.75 I'd be all for it. I'm all for whatever makes the team better. If TD can get Ryan to agree to 15-18M a year rather than 20-22M a year I say go for it.

why wouldn't they? If we could get away with paying Ryan $2.50 and Julio $1.75 I'd be all for it. I'm all for whatever makes the team better. If TD can get Ryan to agree to 15-18M a year rather than 20-22M a year I say go for it.

I mean yeah, if it's possible then heck yeah! Go for it! I just don't see it being realistic. I am sure what ever TD and Condone agree on will be fair for both sides.

I just don't understand why people care how much ryan makes as long as the falcons will be competitive

It is only really the people who are adamantly against Ryan himself that seem to actually care much. The majority of people understand that it's going to happen and we are better for it in the end.

I won't say that Ryan deserves 20 mil a year, but that's only b/c I don't believe that any QB deserves that right now. I do believe that, based on talent and play, that Ryan deserves it more than Flacco though. Personally, I want Ryan at around 18 mil a year, more or less, just b/c he has already made so much in his rookie deal. If you were to take Flacco's rookie contract and his new contract, and come up with the yearly average, then Ryan would get around 18 mil a year on his new contract for the combined yearly average, including his rookie deal, to even out.

I won't say that Ryan deserves 20 mil a year, but that's only b/c I don't believe that any QB deserves that right now. I do believe that, based on talent and play, that Ryan deserves it more than Flacco though. Personally, I want Ryan at around 18 mil a year, more or less, just b/c he has already made so much in his rookie deal. If you were to take Flacco's rookie contract and his new contract, and come up with the yearly average, then Ryan would get around 18 mil a year on his new contract for the combined yearly average, including his rookie deal, to even out.

Its a free market, players will get paid as long as there is a market or some one willing to pay. NFL is a cut throat business for both owners and players.