Tru,alford,and Mcclain Will Be A Breath Of Fresh Air

lju713

Lets face it we were slow at CB last year with Dunta and Samuels. A health Grimes was very fast and fluid to began with. I think the added athleticism will help us vs the TE, therefore Decoud and WillyMo drops wont

be as deep.

I can't to finally have some speed in our secondary. It's going to be nice to see guys who can recover after their mistakes because they will still be made. We should give up less of those huge plays where even the slower offensive player's are burning our whole team. Tru and Alford will save their share of TD's.

Not to mention score a couple this year on returns, both defensively and special teams.

I really like the Alford kid. Tru is going to be a good cb--possibly a shutdown type. But that Alford is a gambler and will be a playmaker. They compliment each other, with the refined play of Trufant and the riverboat gambling Alford

Rookie corners usually struggle with the NFL so lets not hype these guys up too much or else everyone will be complaining about them week 10.... give them time to grow.

But yes the speed will be nice.

We still got Assante and McClain, so a lot of rookie mistakes will be mitigated. Not too mention our pro bowl safeties.

We still got Assante and McClain, so a lot of rookie mistakes will be mitigated. Not too mention our pro bowl safeties.

I am really really excited with them for the next 5-6 years but I am just ready for the 1st year growing pains, there will be busted coverage and some vets will trick them.

We all just have to not think they will step on the field and dominate... hopefully they are average thier first year, thats all I want from them.

I dont think they will struggle as bad as some of us think. I think if you simplify their role in coverage and let them play to their strengths( Nolan does this) we will be fine. We have seen rookie Cb with less talent and intangles(Chevis and Dhall) do good their 1st yr

I am really really excited with them for the next 5-6 years but I am just ready for the 1st year growing pains, there will be busted coverage and some vets will trick them.

We all just have to not think they will step on the field and dominate... hopefully they are average thier first year, thats all I want from them.

Agree. I think that we have a nice support system in place. I will readily admit I didn't like the b2b CBS initially, but the more I read and watch about those 2 I like.

I just hope we get a dang DT in FA!

I dont think they will struggle as bad as some of us think. I think if you simplify their role in coverage and let them play to their strengths( Nolan does this) we will be fine. We have seen rookie Cb with less talent and intangles(Chevis and Dhall) do good their 1st yr

Dhall was oozing with talent....

I agree that it is nice to finally have more speed in the secondary to be able to keep up with WRs.

Dunta got burned alot because his knee injuries killed his speed and ability to recover in coverage. He was a totally different corner his first few years in the league before those injuries.

I agree that it is nice to finally have more speed in the secondary to be able to keep up with WRs.

Dunta got burned alot because his knee injuries killed his speed and ability to recover in coverage. He was a totally different corner his first few years in the league before those injuries.

Dunta was actually a very good #2 corner....

just paid like a #1, but besides that he played very well last season.

Watching Alford at the senior bowl impressed my hugely. Made mistakes but so fast he could make up. As soon as NFL coaches get their hands on him he should transform, more efficiency in his footwork and what not. If he can get his head around the playbook he'll get playing time, otherwise he'll be mainly used in ST at the start of the season.

Tru genuinely has a chance to be a lockdown type guy. Plays nasty which i love. Yea he 'holds', but both Hawks CBs hold, and guys like finnegan will jaw at guys until they snap. Tru is that kind of player.

Let's hope he learns fast.

I'm very excited about the both of 'em, I just hope they have great camps and learn fast.

Rookie corners usually struggle with the NFL so lets not hype these guys up too much or else everyone will be complaining about them week 10.... give them time to grow.

Grimes had good recovery speed when he was caught out of position,

and with the Rooks, the same thing will happen, and both of these guys are

much faster and taller than Grimes.

The big question is, do these guys have swagger?

What we do know is they will get schooled by our receivers who are

"The Best in the NFL"

That right there is a huge advantage in reducing the learning curve.

The Preseason games will show us how well these Rooks recover.

Jenkins was great as a rookie so was Patrick Robinson in the prior years. I would see, growing pains from Trufant, but there is no reason to not produce just because he is a rookie.