Slightly Off Topic: How Far Back Can We Search For Posts Or Topics? If You Could What One Post/reply Would You Take Back?

MSalmon

I mean data goes somewhere, right? Wouldn't it be cool to be able to search posts back to say 2001?

Would you regret what you said? Screw 1, I'm putting down 2 :)

My 2 are easy:

1) Todd McClure would get cut in 2001

2) in 2004 TJ Duckett would be a beast. I remember thinking he'd bust out with 1300 or 1400 yds and 12-15 TDs

...I even predicted he'd be one of the greatest falcons ever lol

Needless to say, I was a wee bit off

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest King Jigsaw

But TJ Duckett is one of the greatest Falcons ever. I was just wearing my Duckett jersey the other day!

Guest King Jigsaw

Lol you still got one?

Man, I loved that guy

I actually had one of the black home jerseys (my baby) but the last time I played football it got ripped so I had to retire it. The one I got to replace it is a red home jersey and it's still in rather good condition.

I absolutely did not want Matt Ryan at #3. I was squarely on the Glenn Dorsey bandwagon and felt that a couple of second round-graded players, Brohm and Henne, would be at least as good in the pros. Ryan's BC performances were head scratching. In hindsight, he was in that rare Brett Favre exception group where the surrounding cast was so bad in college that he had to force plays.

I know what post I would take back. However, mentioning it here would be as bad as the original transgression. Over the past four years, I'd say my premise conclusion statement has worked out. I made a statement that if event 1 occured, several other positive events would follow.

I was totally correct.

Lessoned learned, prophets are killed on a regular basis. Being right isn't reason enough to open your mouth on controversial subjects.

When he was struggling to find his game early in his career, I remember saying that Roddy White was a 5th round talent that was mistakely taken in the first round.

I wish I could take that back, but this is one instance where I don't mind the taste of my own foot. ph34r.png

I absolutely did not want Matt Ryan at #3. I was squarely on the Glenn Dorsey bandwagon and felt that a couple of second round-graded players, Brohm and Henne, would be at least as good in the pros. Ryan's BC performances were head scratching. In hindsight, he was in that rare Brett Favre exception group where the surrounding cast was so bad in college that he had to force plays.

Remember Grendel? He and I had epic battles over the Ryan vs Dorsey and Brohm subject. I was on the Ryan express, but to be fair to Dorsey he was not used properly in KC. Wish we could have taken both Ryan and Dorsey--I think Dorsey would have done better in our scheme

What about the Ryan for Locker trade...You still don't regret posting that over and over?

What Ryan for Locker trade? You mean Ryan for Locker and picks? While Ryan looked a lot better in 2012, we were still a 49 yd FG away from 0-5 playoffs with him. Now, as Matt is on the cusp of a new contract, I still like the idea of Locker, Matt Kalil and an extra $15M or so in cap space.

Remember Grendel? He and I had epic battles over the Ryan vs Dorsey and Brohm subject. I was on the Ryan express, but to be fair to Dorsey he was not used properly in KC. Wish we could have taken both Ryan and Dorsey--I think Dorsey would have done better in our scheme

What about a draft where we took Dorsey, let the Ravens have Ryan and moved back up for Flacco instead of Baker? All those picks in 2008 make for some interesting redraft scenarios.

What Ryan for Locker trade? You mean Ryan for Locker and picks? While Ryan looked a lot better in 2012, we were still a 49 yd FG away from 0-5 playoffs with him. Now, as Matt is on the cusp of a new contract, I still like the idea of Locker, Matt Kalil and an extra $15M or so in cap space.

And were one HD stumble away from the Super Bowl- like you say, works both ways.

And it would be 0-4 wouldn't have played another game.

15 mil or so in cap space won't hit for 3-4 years, might not hit for 7-8-10 more years or ever if they keep extending him and then Falcons get a Brady-like sweetheart deal.

Ryan had a pretty good post season- his best by far, increased his yards per game, YPA and QB rating over the regular season, would have had 7 to 1 TD to INT ratio if his WRs had kept their feet.

Can't see any reason to trade him for an unproved QB and even more unproven draft picks.

Realize that's several points, hope your attention span allows you to follow all of them.

And were one HD stumble away from the Super Bowl- like you say, works both ways.

And it would be 0-4 wouldn't have played another game.

15 mil or so in cap space won't hit for 3-4 years, might not hit for 7-8-10 more years or ever if they keep extending him and then Falcons get a Brady-like sweetheart deal.

Ryan had a pretty good post season- his best by far, increased his yards per game, YPA and QB rating over the regular season, would have had 7 to 1 TD to INT ratio if his WRs had kept their feet.

Can't see any reason to trade him for an unproved QB and even more unproven draft picks.

Realize that's several points, hope your attention span allows you to follow all of them.

Ryan is a solid top 8 QB. Having said that, watching rookies RG3, Luck and Wilson join 1st year starter Kaepernick and 2nd year starters Dalton and Ponder in the playoffs suggests there is more than one personnel allotment plan that can achieve NFL success.

I mean data goes somewhere, right? Wouldn't it be cool to be able to search posts back to say 2001?

Would you regret what you said? Screw 1, I'm putting down 2 smile.png

My 2 are easy:

1) Todd McClure would get cut in 2001

2) in 2004 TJ Duckett would be a beast. I remember thinking he'd bust out with 1300 or 1400 yds and 12-15 TDs

...I even predicted he'd be one of the greatest falcons ever lol

Needless to say, I was a wee bit off

Don't think I'd take anything back, don't have any problem being wrong.

You can go back to about 2008, maybe a little earlier. Search on this board is a pain, but works if you work at it.

First go the first page of the forum, click on the magnifying glass by the search box in the top right side.

That'll get you to a page that tell you you have to plug in search terms to get anything out of it.

Go down, put in your name, click a date range- say may 1, 2008 to may 1 2009, go a little further down, click on search archive, I prefer to display results as posts rather than topics, hit search now and you should get your posts from that time.

If you haven't been on here since 2008, just use whatever date range works.

Think pretty much everything more than a year old is archived now.

There's supposed to be a little gear wheel icon besides the search box that allows you to go directly to search, but they've never bothered to put it in.