Will Sam Baker Vindicate Td ?

For the trust he has invested in him ? Let's face it, Baker has been a 50 percenter for us, pretty good as a rookie, then one good year last year, other than that, total suckage ....I just dont trust back injuries in an O - lineman from not recurring.

I have come to the conclusion that Sam Baker is a dice roll, a 50/50 proposition for TD.

I hate to admit, I feel like Sam Baker holds our fate in his hands, more so now that Svitek is gone.... I have a pretty good prayer life, do you ?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baker has already vindicated TD.

Go back to the 08 draft and see how many LT's were drafted ahead of Baker

and how many are still playing.

Then look at how many are still playing for the team that drafted him.

Even if the player is not with the original team, and is still a starter, that is

rated as a very good pick.Even if the player has moved to RT.

Phil Loadholdt of the Vikes was a great pick.

Drafted as a RG due to his foot work, but moved to RT the next year.

We traded up to get Baker because we simply had No Choice in the matter.

This was a solid pick.

If he was the Bum that we make him out to be, he would already be gone.

You know what....I'm not even worried strangely enough. I do believe everyone deserves a break. Baker rewarded us when we gave him another chance. So i'm willing to have faith that his injuries are behind him now

Agreed, not like we have much choice LOL. But no doubt, TD got alot riding on him. I said in another thread, this O line could jell into a top flite unit, could be a total disaster. But I see us having no good OT insurance policy behind Baker and unproven Holmes.

For the trust he has invested in him ? Let's face it, Baker has been a 50 percenter for us, pretty good as a rookie, then one good year last year, other than that, total suckage ....I just dont trust back injuries in an O - lineman from not recurring.

I have come to the conclusion that Sam Baker is a dice roll, a 50/50 proposition for TD.

I hate to admit, I feel like Sam Baker holds our fate in his hands, more so now that Svitek is gone.... I have a pretty good prayer life, do you ?

Dude had one good year. His contract year.

Not good for a guy we traded two seconds and a fourth round pick to draft, while passing on the likes of Chris Johnson, Brandon Flowers, Antoine Cason, Dustin Keller, Jordy Nelson, Rashad Mendenhall, etc.

Let's hope he can help vindicate Dimi. Dude needs some vindication after some of his draft picks.

Baker has already vindicated TD.

Go back to the 08 draft and see how many LT's were drafted ahead of Baker

and how many are still playing.

Then look at how many are still playing for the team that drafted him.

Even if the player is not with the original team, and is still a starter, that is

rated as a very good pick.Even if the player has moved to RT.

Phil Loadholdt of the Vikes was a great pick.

Drafted as a RG due to his foot work, but moved to RT the next year.

We traded up to get Baker because we simply had No Choice in the matter.

This was a solid pick.

If he was the Bum that we make him out to be, he would already be gone.

I was talking more about his new contract, not the fact we actually drafted him...we are married to him until the 3rd year of it ....

Agreed, not like we have much choice LOL. But no doubt, TD got alot riding on him. I said in another thread, this O line could jell into a top flite unit, could be a total disaster. But I see us having no good OT insurance policy behind Baker and unproven Holmes.

I totally agree, especially with this years schedule.

These big ol hawgs better eat their Wheaties and MTFU!

And I do understand the cause for concern. We are trotting out a guy that has never started before. Plus we don't know what kind of depth we really have. But hey they have to take those lumps. We have to start palying some of theses guys now. Its not just for our current team, but what kind of line we could have later on down the road

And I do understand the cause for concern. We are trotting out a guy that has never started before. Plus we don't know what kind of depth we really have. But hey they have to take those lumps. We have to start palying some of theses guys now. Its not just for our current team, but what kind of line we could have later on down the road

If one of them goes down, its either kick Reynolds back out and refill the RG abyss, or Mike Johnson ...ph34r.png

I think Sam Baker has really grown into a great left tackle. Before last year, I think the Falcons offensive line coach, Mike Murlarkey and even the staff were holding Sam Baker back. Baker was probably asked to play at a weight of 305, to 310 for Murlarkey's preference at left tackle. Last year, he was every bit of 325 to 330. He looks like a different guy and he played a lot different having all that strength and weight. I am very happy to have Sam Baker on this team, and if he does end up being the franchise left tackle, than **** Yeah we got a steal of a pick in the first round of 08.

I was talking more about his new contract, not the fact we actually drafted him...we are married to him until the 3rd year of it ....

Even if we had let Baker go, 5 years as a starter is the bench mark.

I look at it this way.

Jake Long--------Sam Baker

I may be wrong, but I think that these are the only LT's from the 2008 draft that are

still starting.

Long was the first LT drafted in the first round and Baker was the 6th.

The run on that position was fast and furrious.

I look at it this way.

I may be wrong, but I think that these are the only LT's from the 2008 draft that are

still starting.

Long was the first LT drafted in the first round and Baker was the 8th.

Very good point, and clearly, I'm not down on Baker, just hope he can stay healthy, I have a blown disc myself, so that in itself makes me personally leery I suppose ...

OK we traded the 34th, 48th and 103rd pick to move up and select Baker with the 21st pick of the 2008 draft.

Since then he has given up 28 sacks, 27 hits and 123 hurries.

He came in with injury and short arm concerns and proceeded to miss 15 games in five years due to injury or getting benched in favor of Will Svitek.

He is solely responsible for the two and a half games Ryan missed due to a turf toe injury.

He is one of the worse run blocking tackles in the league.

His debut at RG in the 2010 CAR game was downright disastrous, resulting in two sacks and a safety.

His cap hits over the next six seasons are $3M, $6M, $7M, $8M, $9M and $7M. He better be good.

It was a panic move by Dimi who could have held onto the three picks and drafted any assortment of players that would have served us better.

2008 Draft 1st round OT's

1 Jake Long - Miami,,,,,,,,,Now with the Rams.

12 Ryan Clady - Denver,,,,,,,Now with Denver.

***15 Branden Albert (Guard) - Chiefs***Starting LT. Now with Chiefs

14 Chris Williams - Chicago,,,,,,,,,,1 year contract with the Rams backing up Dahl.

17 Gosder Cherilus - Detroit......Trade Up.... RT Colts

19 Jeff Otah - Carolina..........Free Agent,,,,,,Faild Physical Knee

21 Sam Baker - Atlanta.....Trade Up. Now with Atlanta.

26 Duane Brown - Houston..........From Jags via Ravens. Now with Houston.

Please note that I am editing this post with player updates. (done)

If you ask me that was a very good draft class, and we got one of them.

Of this class Duane Brown is ranked the highest with Jake Long close behind him.

I have not yet found Bakers ranking, but everybody else on the above list is

ranked pretty low. (Top 32)

Sam Baker doesn't need to vindicate Dimitroff. Dimitroff is viewed as one of the best GM's in the NFL, and one players individual success doesn't change that. Nor will one players individual failure chance that.

Baker proved last season, that he can play very well when he doesn't play injured ..

2008 Draft 1st round OT's

1 Jake Long - Miami,,,,,,,,,Now with the Rams.

12 Ryan Clady - Denver,,,,,,,Now with Denver.

14 Chris Williams - Chicago

17 Gosder Cherilus - Detroit......Trade Up.

19 Jeff Otah - Carolina

21 Sam Baker - Atlanta.....Trade Up. Now with Atlanta.

26 Duane Brown - Houston..........From Jags via Ravens.

***15 Branden Albert (Guard) - Chiefs***

Please note that I am editing this post with player updates.

Brand Albert is still the LT the new kid will be the RT.

OK we traded the 34th, 48th and 103rd pick to move up and select Baker with the 21st pick of the 2008 draft

It was a panic move by Dimi who could have held onto the three picks and drafted any assortment of players that would have served us better.

We needed a left tackle .. Dimitroff got a left tackle. Baker played very well last season.

I look at it this way.

still starting.

Long was the first LT drafted in the first round and Baker was the 6th.

Clady is the best, then Albert, then Long, then Duane Brown.

Dude had one good year. His contract year.

Not good for a guy we traded two seconds and a fourth round pick to draft, while passing on the likes of Chris Johnson, Brandon Flowers, Antoine Cason, Dustin Keller, Jordy Nelson, Rashad Mendenhall, etc.

Let's hope he can help vindicate Dimi. Dude needs some vindication after some of his draft picks.

You just named two RBs when we JUST signed Michael Turner. You really don't have a clue.

I have not been one to fuss about Baker due to 2 reasons.

1 Position of greatest need at the time of the selection.

2 The guy played with a buldging disk in his back.

I cant begin to imagine how many pain killers he had to swallow,

much less the injections in his back early Sunday mornings.

Uggggh.