Eight In The Box: Atlanta Falcons

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/47879/eight-in-the-box-key-medical-concern

Atlanta Falcons: Bradie Ewing was ticketed for the starting fullback job as a rookie last season. But he suffered a season-ending knee injury in the preseason, and the Falcons were forced to juggle fullbacks. That’s one reason why the running game never really got on track last season. The Falcons want a more consistent running game this season, so they brought in running back Steven Jackson to replace Michael Turner. But Ewing is a key component to the running game. If he’s back at full strength, he’s going to get a lot of work as Jackson’s lead blocker.

Wow, Pat Y is really outdoing himself with this bold and insightful journalism. Maybe next week he can write an article about how the Panthers are hoping for Cam Newton to take the next step as a QB and leader.

I know, but not much going on now. Little better than talking about Vick. LOL

Wow, Pat Y is really outdoing himself with this bold and insightful journalism. Maybe next week he can write an article about how the Panthers are hoping for Cam Newton to take the next step as a QB and leader.

I was just thinking the same thing lol only it was Freeman and the Bucs.

http://espn.go.com/b...medical-concern

Atlanta Falcons:Bradie Ewing was ticketed for the starting fullback job as a rookie last season. But he suffered a season-ending knee injury in the preseason, and the Falcons were forced to juggle fullbacks. That’s one reason why the running game never really got on track last season. The Falcons want a more consistent running game this season, so they brought in running back Steven Jackson to replace Michael Turner. But Ewing is a key component to the running game. If he’s back at full strength, he’s going to get a lot of work as Jackson’s lead blocker.

I wish we could blame the lack of a running game on a fullback who never took an NFL snap in his life. I also wonder what percentage of snaps outside the opponents 5 yard line will SJ need a lead blocker..

Wasn't one of Ewing's strong points coming out of college was that he was a pretty decent receiver as well? If that is the case, the offense becomes a lot more dangerous out of a tradional 2 back 2 wide set as well, particularly in the play action game. Which is already an area we excelled at last year.

Seems to me Ewing could have made an impact last year even with Turner's decline.

Wasn't one of Ewing's strong points coming out of college was that he was a pretty decent receiver as well? If that is the case, the offense becomes a lot more dangerous out of a tradional 2 back 2 wide set as well, particularly in the play action game. Which is already an area we excelled at last year.

Seems to me Ewing could have made an impact last year even with Turner's decline.

He's a very good receiver if you ask me. Look up some videos of Wisconsin's offense while he was there. Very good all around FB.