The Ajc: Our Former Source Of Falcons Info?

I haven't gone to the AJC website lately, I have fallen out of the habit. Quite frankly, its been a long time since Bradley or Schultz posted an editorial and DOL leaves me kinda cold. And thier editorialists have become a bit subpar so I don't read those any more either. But I went to the AJC website today, figuring I could look at evaluations for the Falcons recent draft, only to find the AJC has gone over to a pay as you go format. Since the AJC chose to quit distributing to most places except for those immediately around Atlanta, I have been using them for an info source less than less except for during training camp and the season. Now, it looks like I won't even be doing that. I don't blame the paper for wantiing to get paid for what it does. Just like I don't blame me for going to other places where information is free. I posted this to inform and am curious to any reactions on the part of posters here, especially long timers that remember the AJC as being at one time the only reliable source for Falcons info.

It used to be one of the most visited websites on my computer. These days, I may go there once a week. If their main goal is money over readership, then they are doing a fantastic job. In their defense, many newspaper websites have gone that route.

I can't blame them for wanting to get paid either. But they took the option of buying thier paper away from me on thier own. And I am not going to subscribe so I can get the news two days later. Its sad when the Falcon's forums are more up to date and interesting to read than the professional newspaper is. Us old timers that remember Terrance Moore and Kingsley and Mort, Wyche being more recent... DOL is a huge downgrade, and now they want me to pay them to read his nothing articles? No thanks. Hail I write better stuff than DOL does.

I think they're trying to do like the ESPN Insider thing, but it's going to bomb. I like Bradley and especially Schultz, but I'm not paying for that. I think they will see less and less hits on their site and eventually drop it or they'll have no advertisers at all..

It used to be one of the most visited websites on my computer. These days, I may go there once a week. If their main goal is money over readership, then they are doing a fantastic job. In their defense, many newspaper websites have gone that route.

I completely agree, I used to go over there 2 or 3 times a day. Now it's pointless because I won't pay for their paper, if I wanted to pay for it I would buy the paper not go online.

They tried this pay as you go about 8 or 9 years ago and after about a month they completely dropped it. I guess they don't realize that no one in Atlanta is interested enough in what they say to pay to read it.

That's okay as long as there are enough of us that say screw it, we're not paying for your "premium" service, they'll start losing ad revenue as well. Eventually they'll break and put it back out for free.

In the mean time I guess we'll be spared Ledbetters worthless "exclusives".

I can't blame them for wanting to get paid either. But they took the option of buying thier paper away from me on thier own. And I am not going to subscribe so I can get the news two days later. Its sad when the Falcon's forums are more up to date and interesting to read than the professional newspaper is. Us old timers that remember Terrance Moore and Kingsley and Mort, Wyche being more recent... DOL is a huge downgrade, and now they want me to pay them to read his nothing articles? No thanks. Hail I write better stuff than DOL does.

Terrance Moore isn't an upgrade over anyone on this planet.

Its sad when the Falcon's forums are more up to date and interesting to read than the professional newspaper is.

That's because the forum was full of free AJC articles. Looks like that's gonna change. These cheap mofos will not be subscribing to anything. Trust me. Get ready for an occasional Bleacher Report, some Yas opinions and your typical ESPN/NFL.com crap. Believe it or not I still buy the rag. Going to the mailbox everyday for the mail and the AJC is part of my morning routine.

That's because the forum was full of free AJC articles. Looks like that's gonna change. These cheap mofos will not be subscribing to anything. Trust me. Get ready for an occasional Bleacher Report, some Yas opinions and your typical ESPN/NFL.com crap. Believe it or not I still buy the rag. Going to the mailbox everyday for the mail and the AJC is part of my morning routine.

They quit selling it in my area, and no fkng delivery either ....I miss taking it into the crapper with me, like I lost an old friend ....sad.png

If you relied on the ajc for information of any sort ....