2013 Qb Rankings (Espn, Nfl, B/r Etc)

These are just from 2013!

CBS SPORTS

1.Aaron Rodgers

2.Tom Brady

3.Peyton Manning

4.Drew Brees

5.Eli Manning

6.Matt Ryan- Finally broke free of the stupid "can't win a playoff game" burden during a monster season that featured 4,719 passing yards, a 68.6 completion percentage and 32 touchdowns. With Julio Jones and Roddy White in the fold again, Ryan could push the 5K yardage marker in 2013. He's much closer to elite than people give him credit for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLEACHER REPORT (list by matt millner- most credible author on b/r- 49ers fan did a COMPLETE breakdown and ranking)

1.Tom Brady

2.Aaron Rodgers

3.Peyton Manning

4.Matt Ryan

Accuracy:Matt Ryan (6'4", 217 pounds, five seasons) rarely misses the mark when he sets his feet and delivers the ball, but when he’s pressured, there are too many times when Ryan misses. That’s being very picky, as Ryan is one of the top passers in terms of completion percentage and ball placement. He’s one of the best, but cleaning up some issues under pressure could make him the best.

Arm Strength:Has the arm strength to make every throw you’d ask of him. Does a great job pushing the ball deep and letting his receivers run under it. Can struggle a bit when asked to fire the ball deep and to his left—often a problem area for right-handed quarterbacks. Nearly flawless in this area.

Decision Making:Ryan has a habit of throwing the ball up late in the play and asking his receiver to make a play on the ball, which too often results in interceptions. He must become more decisive when pressured.

Mechanics:A classic, prototypical throwing motion gives Ryan high scores in mechanics. He looks like the statue of a quarterback in the pocket—shoulders squared to feet, ball shoulder level and weight balanced on each leg.

Mobility:Not known as a scrambling quarterback, Ryan has average quickness for the position but better-than-average agility. He’s able to slide in and up in the pocket to find passing lanes and can pick up free yards when the defense backs off the line of scrimmage.

OVERALL: Ryan is close to that elite level of quarterback. There’s no doubting his raw talent, and mechanically he’s one of the best in the business, but there are still too many games where his interceptions hurt his team. That’s the biggest area of concern and the reason why Ryan isn’t scored higher.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN (Jaws Rankings)

1.Peyton Manning

2.AaroN Rodgers

3.Tom Brady

4.Matt Ryan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL.com

1.Aaron Rodgers

2.Peyton Manning

3.Tom Brady

4.Drew Brees

5.Ben Roethlisberger

6.Matt Ryan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete Prisco Rankings

1.Aaron Rodgers

2.Peyton Manning

3.Tom Brady

4.Drew Brees

5.Matt Ryan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL.COM - 2013 "ELITE QUARTERBACKS" Breakdown

1. Tom Brady

2.Aaron Rodgers

3.Peyton Manning

4.Drew Brees

5.Matt Ryan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

matt-ryan-blue.jpg

cool.pngcool.pngcool.png

Edited by BrandonDell_

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN.com QBR

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Colin Kaepernick

4. Matt Ryan

PFF.com Overall Rating

1. Peyton Manning

2. Aaron Rogers

3. Tom Brady

4. Drew Brees

5. Matt Ryan

NFL.com Passer Rating (300+ attempts)

1. Aaron Rogers

2. Peyton Manning

3. Matt Ryan

I like most of this ratings. Not really subjective for most part may be except PFF.

I feel like the only Falcons fan who doesn't really take pride in things like this. Seems pretty pointless.

I think some need this to help validate MR value and performance as a quarterback or to prove to naysayers that his a good quarterback.

When all that matters is that MR is one of the best if not the best QB to wear a Falcons uni. Doesn't matter if he is ranked 1, 5, 15 or 32 he is good enough to get the team to the ultimate goal.

Guess there isn't anything else to talk about.

Edited by ProFalconFan

I think some need this to help validate MR value and performance as a quarterback or to prove to naysayers that his a good quarterback.

When all that matters is that MR is one of the best if not the best QB to wear a Falcons uni. Doesn't matter if he is ranked 1, 5, 15 or 32 he is good enough to get the team to the ultimate goal.

Pretty much. He's a winner and we're a better team because of him, but rankings just make me shrug. I don't need a ranking to tell me this.

I think you're reading way to much into this post. Its not about validating ryan. If you look in the other post aout ryans 2nd half stats they were talking about qb ranking, so I decided to gather them up from the major sites and post them. Its not like we're talking about anything else this time of the year

Edited by BrandonDell_

I think you're reading way to much into this post. Its not about validating ryan. If you look in the other post aout ryans 2nd half stats they were talking about qb ranking, so I decided to gather them up from the major sites and post them

The only reason you posted this is because of the other two threads. These rankings aren't anything new. So, I will stick to my original post. Its to validate or to combat the other post.

The other thread was about MR's second half performance, not overall ranking. This may be a shock to some but his performance is down in the second half of games for whatever reasons. But I look at it this way Ryan has improved every year in some way and I am sure the same will happen this year when it comes to overall performance. And this is coming from a guy that is not the biggest MR fan.

The only reason you posted this is because of the other two threads. These rankings aren't anything new. So, I will stick to my original post. Its to validate or to combat the other post.

The other thread was about MR's second half performance, not overall ranking. This may be a shock to some but his performance is down in the second half of games for whatever reasons. But I look at it this way Ryan has improved every year in some way and I am sure the same will happen this year when it comes to overall performance. And this is coming from a guy that is not the biggest MR fan.

People were discussing rankings in that thread so I posted this . Ryans 2nd half isn't as good as his first but neither were other qbs like brady manning flacco etc.

I have been posting a lot of different rankings latetly including wr rankings. Did I do that to validate our WRS?

Edited by BrandonDell_

People were discussing rankings in that thread so I posted this . Ryans 2nd half isn't as good as his first but neither were other qbs like brady manning flacco etc.

I have been posting a lot of different rankings latetly including wr rankings. Did I do that to validate our WRS?

Did you do it after people criticized our receivers?

If MR was ranked 20th on these sites would you have posted?

Did you do it after people criticized our receivers?

If MR was ranked 20th on these sites would you have posted?

As I said before I posted this thread in response to a discussion on the previous thread.

If ryan was ranked 32nd on one of these major sites in 2013 I would've posted it.

Listen.. This year Matt Ryan proved he could be a championship QB last year and i still think he can get even better....

The truth is the truth.. Matt has to fix them stupid turnovers but teams that win the championship lately... Their D show up in the playoffs ... Matt doesnt need the D to be world beaters... He just need them good enough at moments

I love the fact we are building our D.... Next year D class look potentially good next year... Also the FA class should be good with all the 1 year deals signed.

Teams which play with lead tend to run more and pass mostly on third downs. Third downs are usually the toughest for any QB. Second half ranking is pretty lame with out context of the game.

Listen.. This year Matt Ryan proved he could be a championship QB last year and i still think he can get even better....

The truth is the truth.. Matt has to fix them stupid turnovers but teams that win the championship lately... Their D show up in the playoffs ... Matt doesnt need the D to be world beaters... He just need them good enough at moments

I love the fact we are building our D.... Next year D class look potentially good next year... Also the FA class should be good with all the 1 year deals signed.

This x1000