Saints Fans Obsession With This Team

They are nervous and scared. Can you blame them? The Saints have reached their peak and are declining. Brees has another 3 years or so. Ryan is just now scratching the surface. We have a stable organization and TD drafts well. The Falcons can own the division for the next decade or longer much like the Pats. Oh I almost forgot about S Jax. He has a good three years in the tank.

Here is a post from the forum that I can respect from a rival fan.

"I'm a Saints fan, my preseason prediction is always going to be 16 and 0 for the Saints and 0 and 16 for the falcons. Then i adjust as the games are played.

Oh, and also 0 and 16 for the cowboys too. But i do go back and forth on that on, as i kinda want them to be perpetually stuck as a mediocre team. 7 and 9 or 6 and 10 may actually be more fun around here in the land of Jerrah"

The Saints 2013 season will not be determined by the return of Sean Payton like most people think. Their passing offense still was still the best last season. Their defense was historically bad in which the Saints would of been terrible last season regardless of being able to have Payton on the sidelines or not.

I don't see many Falcons threads over there, really after just a quick browse the above mentioned thread is the only one I saw. Anyways they're just doing what they're supposed to do and that is hate on us. Kind of like we hate on them.

I look when I can just to see what they are saying and there's at least 2-3 everyday about ATL. From roddy's twitter to the FA signings, to other things as well

http://saintsreport....2/#.UZZsPkqSKt9

Seriously what is it with these guys? I understand they hate us and we hate them but the SR is 80% Falcons. You can tell they are worried because of all the topics they have over there are about the Falcons. This is just one

they wanna get back to glory with mr. painkiller coming back, and know once the window they have with brees is gone so are they.

some of the fans on the board are the type of fans that want to fist fight you after the game because their team lost.. really i dont see us going 500 or below.. we are realistically the most talented team in the NFC south if not in the NFC.. Niners, Packers, Seahawks follow.. although the niners and seahawks have qbs i am questioning. do you guys really think this pistol type of offense will carry on in the NFL? look at how russel wilson starting playing in the playoffs.. look at kapernick in the superbowl when they rushed him.. I believe its a phase a lot like the wild cat.. you can't keep sending the house at their qbs in the pistol but in 3rd downs or BIG downs the pistol has shown to be inefficient..

there's a reason why the traditional quarterback has been around for ages.. the game does change, but the fundamentals still remain..

some of the fans on the board are the type of fans that want to fist fight you after the game because their team lost.. really i dont see us going 500 or below.. we are realistically the most talented team in the NFC south if not in the NFC.. Niners, Packers, Seahawks follow.. although the niners and seahawks have qbs i am questioning. do you guys really think this pistol type of offense will carry on in the NFL? look at how russel wilson starting playing in the playoffs.. look at kapernick in the superbowl when they rushed him.. I believe its a phase a lot like the wild cat.. you can't keep sending the house at their qbs in the pistol but in 3rd downs or BIG downs the pistol has shown to be inefficient..

there's a reason why the traditional quarterback has been around for ages.. the game does change, but the fundamentals still remain..

Its not what defenses do against the pistol, its what offenses do to teams using it. With the emphasis on nickel and dime packages these days I know some team is going to get the biggest O line and two RB hosses they can find, and run the ball down the throats of these finesse defenses. I just hope no one does it against our Falcons. Earl Campbell, Chuck Muncie, Eric Dickerson...those guys would have a field day against these defenses today. The pistol is a fad that might work until that running QB gets hurt. Then what does a team do?