Underdog Thread

Dago 3.0

which UDFAs on your team are the most intriguing?

https://www.youtube....h?v=mB_SBMSiNdk

You yeah *ahem* FOOTBALL ect.

Could this guy end up being a defensive version of PT?

The one negative that I see from those highlights that as sweet as those shoestring tackles are, they suggest that he has speed issues from sideline to sideline. Granted, those issues would be more relevant in a 4-3, but he's a big ole white dude and it shows.

THAT SAID his tackling fundamentals are ace and he always seems to be around the football. Also the Saints scouting dept. is staffed by sorcerors, I dare not question them.

You yeah *ahem* FOOTBALL ect.

Could this guy end up being a defensive version of PT?

The one negative that I see from those highlights that as sweet as those shoestring tackles are, they suggest that he has speed issues from sideline to sideline. Granted, those issues would be more relevant in a 4-3, but he's a big ole white dude and it shows.

THAT SAID his tackling fundamentals are ace and he always seems to be around the football. Also the Saints scouting dept. is staffed by sorcerors, I dare not question them.

the second coming of The Shanle

besides Chase Thomas, I am interested in RB Khiry Robinson from WTAMU, QB Ryan Griffin from Tulane, LB Kevin Reddick from UNC, CB Roderick Sweeting from GT

I think both Thomas and Reddick will at least be quality depth in the NFL (we are talking UDFAs here. If they are good enough to make the team then that would be considered successful IMO)

Robinson has me intrigued because he runs with attitude but mostly because I am hoping that he becomes the next UDFA RB the Saints strike gold on

Sweeting probably has the skills to make the Saints roster as depth at CB, but with the Saints that really isn't saying a whole lot, is it)

I think Ryan Griffin will be one of the surprises of the draft (or non-draft as the case may be). Curtis Johnson was his coach during his senior year (former Saints WR coach) and it made a lot of difference. Brees worked out with him and was impressed as well. Despite missing three games and Tulane having the nation's worst rushing offense and one of the worst OLines, Griffin still put up nearly 2800 yards and had 20 TDs to 11 INTs. He also dominated during the Texas vs The Nation game and received MVP honors.

Brian Banks clearly has to be our most intriguing UDFA. Fills a potential hole if he pans out. Clearly has great athletic skills. Does it translate being away for so long?

Darius Johnson could grab the last receiver spot potentially. Dude has ball skills and ball skills in the air and can catch like glue. Don't think he should have been undrafted.

He drops some easy ones but still. Dude has football talent.

Casey Barth. Kicker. Connor kicks for the bucs. Maybe Bryants replacement maybe?

Nick Clancy. Competing with Banks likely to backup Akeem Dent. Not as big a fan but dude was a tackle machine on a bad team in BC.

Terren Jones OT. Alabama state. Big *** tackle. 6'4 340. Best tackle in his conference.

odd draft this year. everyone is excited about the UDFAs. You hear people saying all the time "can't believe this guy didn't get drafted" and I wonder if the fact that so many UDFAs compare well with drafted players that this was just a very weak draft overall

odd draft this year. everyone is excited about the UDFAs. You hear people saying all the time "can't believe this guy didn't get drafted" and I wonder if the fact that so many UDFAs compare well with drafted players that this was just a very weak draft overall

It just depends on where the talent level is graded.

It could be an above avg draft or a below avg.

Id say right at avg all the way through.

I always keep up with UDFAs. I like this draft alot though. Even though its odd.