Osi @ Rde Goodman @ Lde

Guest fibonacci

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Masbinacci

Part of me says to just try to bring Abe back.

On the other side I almost wish we had Sid the kidd.

I just don't know enough on this guy. Sends like a project imo. With Seymour and osi and babs, I think we'll have a better line then what we did last year.

I'm not happy after listening to the State of the Falcon address. We can't take a defense that was the weak link and start a rookie at DE and expect it to get better. I'm very worried about this season. The schedule is difficult at best. I hope those were smoke screen answers and the plan is the bring in another DE and DT. I did find one point TD made very interesting, when he spoke of the two safeties being able to tackle. I tend to think notice was sent to Decoud.

sounds good to me....bring in seymour and we good

We need a dominant DE as well. Osi is our only true option. Bring in a guy like Freeney and let hit team up with Osi...My dream Falcon D-line would be Osi at RDE (5 technique) --Seymour at 3 technique --- Babs at 1 technique and Freeney at LDE (9 wide and let him go)

Guest Masbinacci

Goodman has typical size to play LDE and there will be growing pains. Abe got abused in the Niners game playing LDE. Time to move on.

but he had 8+ sacks

yeah I am probably going to get flamed for that. Loved Abe but I rather see a QB have a lot of pressure and not 5+ seconds to throw the ball. those 8 sacks are one stinking play every other game.

Does anyone have any tape on Goodman going up against NFL quality Tackles?

Right now he is a 4th round DE so I think he could contribute 2-3 years from now.

Our DEs/ Dline will not be good this year.

I am willing to say it will be much better than last year.

I am willing to say it will be much better than last year.

Really?

Two later round rookies give me no hope of instant impact.

We needed Mass or Matthews to step up in the playoffs last season and we got nothing.

Osi is good but Abe had a better season than him last year so we haven't got stronger.

DT We lost Walker who played **** well last season and I thought would challenge for a starting spot this season.

And we know what we are going to get from our current DTs.

Really?

We needed Mass or Matthews to step up in the playoffs last season and we got nothing.

Osi is good but Abe had a better season than him last year so we haven't got stronger.

DT We lost Walker who played **** well last season and I thought would challenge for a starting spot this season.

Abe was a weak link in the Niners game. Time to move on. Coaching staff is taking a risk by going with young guys but they already knew what Abe brought to the team.

Really?

I agree with you 100%...We did nothing to address our Defense in my opinion. Is it safe to call the 2012 Falcon defense losers. I'm frustrated.

Really?

Yeah really. Any other year they are both going in higher rounds and both are quite strong. Like I said though too , I still see us grabbing Seymour.

Walker wanted to leave. Peters is good , people forget and turn on people so quickly here it is comical. He comes in midseason recovering from an injury and had trouble getting back to speed but that doesn't mean he all of the sudden sucks. He was a favorite around here the year before. Same with Nicholas.

Guest Masbinacci

Does anyone have any tape on Goodman going up against NFL quality Tackles?

Right now he is a 4th round DE so I think he could contribute 2-3 years from now.

Our DEs/ Dline will not be good this year.

florida state menelik watson

EDIT: this is a better clip enjoy

Yeah really. Any other year they are both going in higher rounds and both are quite strong. Like I said though too , I still see us grabbing Seymour.

Walker wanted to leave. Peters is good , people forget and turn on people so quickly here it is comical. He comes in midseason recovering from an injury and had trouble getting back to speed but that doesn't mean he all of the sudden sucks. He was a favorite around here the year before. Same with Nicholas.

some of it starts in the draft boards, they like a player at certain position and starts bashing the players on roster. It probably is far from reality and then beyoch about not taking a player at that position.

Abe was a weak link in the Niners game. Time to move on. Coaching staff is taking a risk by going with young guys but they already knew what Abe brought to the team.

You mean the guy who was playing on a injured ankle was the weak link in the game?

He may have been the weak link but no one else stepped up to take his spot, which is why he was on the field because Abe at 80% was better than any other DE on our team, he just wasn't at 80%.

I am ready to move on but I am getting ready for a season we are bad at D with us need MR to carry us for any hope of a SB appearance.

You mean the guy who was playing on a injured ankle was the weak link in the game?

He may have been the weak link but no one else stepped up to take his spot, which is why he was on the field because Abe at 80% was better than any other DE on our team, he just wasn't at 80%.

I am ready to move on but I am getting ready for a season we are bad at D with us need MR to carry us for any hope of a SB appearance.

I have lot of respect for Abe and never really bashed him here. I hope to keep it that way, but I can say you are over estimating Abe.

I like Peters, but if Robertson doesn't step up we do not have depth at DT, we have Babs and Peters... I hope we sign Seymour and he can give us 1 more season.