Dude abe is not resigning, this would go against everything the front office has said about getting younger and giving our young players the opportunity to step up. Signing abe would not move this organization forward, its time for the young blood to step forward and show us the future we have on the roster. As for seymour, the only reason id be down with signing him is because our DTs were putrid last year. We know what we have in peters and jerry, the only guy i wana see get some play time is robertson.

Dude abe is not resigning, this would go against everything the front office has said about getting younger and giving our young players the opportunity to step up. Signing abe would not move this organization forward, its time for the young blood to step forward and show us the future we have on the roster. As for seymour, the only reason id be down with signing him is because our DTs were putrid last year. We know what we have in peters and jerry, the only guy i wana see get some play time is robertson.

If they don't we will not be playing in Feb however, if we are going all in this year we should bring Abe back.

If that were the case, the Falcons could cut everyone and they'd all still be unsigned too right?

Huh no he is remaining unsigned because he wants to get a bigger contract than teams are willing to give.

No one on our Dline can get the QB like Abe, Osi is the only one who comes close.

No Offense, but he's not coming back and personally don't want him. That's not attacking him as a person, but I think everyone knows there are only a few people in NFL history over the age of 35 that have been able to keep up production as if they were still 28-30.

Honestly put we needed to get younger and fast I'm sorry. Go back and watch all the 2013 season what did Abe really do you tell me lol.

We carried 7 last season (with PS included) I believe.

Not to mention we could drop Biermann to OLB on the roster to make room for Abe singing a 1 yr deal.

nope started with 6

Edwards, Bierman. Massaquio

Abraham, Sidbury, Matthews

then released Edwards mid season

only Regis DT on the PS -----no DEs

Edited by delaigle

^^^^ this.

There is no reason to not bring back the best DE in Falcons franchise history (IMO) for a low price if we're going for the SB. He deserves to retire as a Falcon WITH a ring!

the reason is to get younger and faster along the dline. If they brought abe back (which they won't) then they would stunt the very goal the are trying to reach. A young player simply cannot step up and take control of the dline with the likes of both osi and abe in their way. Not many young players will beat out those guys but you have to make a youth movement at some point or you risk stunting a younger talented players career like sidbury and walker.

the reason is to get younger and faster along the dline. If they brought abe back (which they won't) then they would stunt the very goal the are trying to reach. A young player simply cannot step up and take control of the dline with the likes of both osi and abe in their way. Not many young players will beat out those guys but you have to make a youth movement at some point or you risk stunting a younger talented players career like sidbury and walker.

True but getting faster doesn't mean they will be good. Gholston was a very fast DE but couldn't get off blocks so he wasn't good.

I would rather a guy be able to beat a block compared to being fast. So it is a very big risk that our Dline could be bad next season which would mean we won't be in the SB this year either.

With Osi and Abe on the field on obvious passing downs we will get to the QB, we can also give another toy to Nolan where on passing downs we can have Abe, Osi, KB and even another DE on the field and then maybe we could get a sack in the Playoffs when these young guys had thier chance as Abe was very limited.

No one stepped up for us then I am not confident they will now.

So you say don't bring Abe back to give young guys a chance then turn around and say your ok with Seymour instead of giving the DT's we have a chance? Wow way to contradict yourself.

So you say don't bring Abe back to give young guys a chance then turn around and say your ok with Seymour instead of giving the DT's we have a chance? Wow way to contradict yourself.

the DTs we have on the roster have been given multiple opportunities besides the one guy i said i would like to see get play time ( travian). How about actually reading my comment rather than skimming it over. We know what we have at DT, we dont know what we have at DE. I dont see what was so difficult to understand about my OP. and ive said multiple times that i dont see atlanta signing seymour or abe.