Wanted This Guy Instead Of Trufunt

J-RoC770

But after watching film and highlights he's a hit or miss kind if guy, sometimes he gets the play but most of the time he quits or just can't get pass the O-line. Slow also with no burst.

I'm glad we got Trufunt and I believe Machali Goodman will be a better DE than Werner.

I wanted this guy,

He was the BPA!

(safest pick)

Sharrif Floyd, DT

03-07-sharrif-floyd.jpg

I take a guy 300+ over a under 200lbers, anyday.

But,

thats what happens when you go into a draft with Major Holes.

Especially,

whenTrufants brother was on the cheap as a FA.

Fill holes with FA before the draft like past

Plus, DT, (actually Both lines) are our weak areas, bunch of school girls.

After Busting on PJerry so bad, I dont bame them though!

Well, Vet DTs are cheap too.

Anyway,

CBs rarely pan out high in the draft,

Bust rate for CB is the highest for sure.

Thats why they picked two.

I hope they got the 3% luck shot at CB right though.

I wanted this guy,

He was the BPA!

(safest pick)

Sharrif Floyd, DT

03-07-sharrif-floyd.jpg

I take a guy 300+ over a under 200lbers, anyday.

But,

thats what happens when you go into a draft with Major Holes.

Especially,

whenTrufants brother was on the cheap as a FA.

Fill holes with FA before the draft like past

Plus, DT, (actually Both lines) are our weak areas, bunch of school girls.

After Busting on PJerry so bad, I dont bame them though!

Well, Vet DTs are cheap too.

Anyway,

CBs rarely pan out high in the draft,

Bust rate for CB is the highest for sure.

Thats why they picked two.

I hope they got the 3% luck shot at CB right though.

Safest pick? Scouts and GMs say DT is one of the hardest positions to evaluate. Plus he's a 3-tech who did not do much stat wise.

Two separate NFL scouts say Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is overrated, with one going so far as to call Floyd a media creation.

It's worth noting Floyd had only 4.5 sacks in three college seasons. He's been touted hard by Greg Cosell, Mike Mayock, and Daniel Jeremiah, among others. "Those idiots on TV made Floyd," said one scout. "He's not that good. He's not better than Ziggy Hood." Asked if the Warren Sapp comparisons are valid, another scout replied "No. There's none of that. (Sapp) was just was more gifted than Floyd. Floyd is a good effort player. He's got shorter arms than (Sheldon) Richardson, and I think it shows. He gets kind of Velcroed on blockers."

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Apr 22 - 1:21 AM

Safest pick? Scouts and GMs say DT is one of the hardest positions to evaluate. Plus he's a 3-tech who did not do much stat wise.

Two separate NFL scouts say Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is overrated, with one going so far as to call Floyd a media creation.

It's worth noting Floyd had only 4.5 sacks in three college seasons. He's been touted hard by Greg Cosell, Mike Mayock, and Daniel Jeremiah, among others. "Those idiots on TV made Floyd," said one scout. "He's not that good. He's not better than Ziggy Hood." Asked if the Warren Sapp comparisons are valid, another scout replied "No. There's none of that. (Sapp) was just was more gifted than Floyd. Floyd is a good effort player. He's got shorter arms than (Sheldon) Richardson, and I think it shows. He gets kind of Velcroed on blockers."

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Apr 22 - 1:21 AM

On the other hand, the same scouting processes tearing down Floyd also tore down Dan Marino to the point he was the sixth QB taken in the 1983 draft. Marino was the best passer of em all, even better than Elway.

Trufant will definitely grow up quick. Most teams will target him early and often. The good thing about this is, he will be alot better later in the season as compared to earlier.

Plus going against White and Jones every week will help his learning curve.