Some More Sad Tweets By Abe...

It really stinks seeing some of our favorite players walking out the door. I wish this league was like the olden days when a team stayed together for years and franchises could be loyal to players but since the institution of free agent and salary cap it is just a different time.

It is real easy for us as fans to get upset about our favorite players walking and to read from a stat sheet and find justification for blaming the team for letting them go when the truth is if the team does not make these tough decisions then the team will not remain competitive.

These guys get paid and are expected to read past the stats and the obvious to figure out who is going to perform the next year and who is not. They are going to make mistakes but what makes the team successful is the percentage of correct decisions. After all if all it took was a stat sheet and a television to make these decisions then I would be a football exec too and we see how that worked out for me. rolleyes.gif

The proof is in the pudding as they say and this is the most successful this team has ever been. Anyone trying to dispute this is just starting to look a little silly at this point but 'rock on' with it if you feel it...

Edited by Pringle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimitroffed in this case means having an untrustworthy GM pull the rug from under a loyal Falcon player that was a big contributor and showed no signs of slowing down. And before you come back with that "he only had three sacks in his last seven games" bush it, please realize that Osi only had two in his last seven games. Lowballed Lofton and Grimes, then shtcanned Abe, Clabo and Turner. I'm glad he shtcanned Dunta and RayRay after realizing he Dimitroffed us with two of the worst freaa agent acquisitions this century. Players around the league probably won't want to subject themselves to his untrustworthy style of management in the future.

Doesn't understand business

Lowballed him like he did Lofton and Grimes. Took the lowball deal out of loyalty, then got DIMITROFFED!!!!!!

Players around the league will be leery about coming here in the future. Especially after he does the exact same thing to Osi next year.

Grow up.

Lowballed him like he did Lofton and Grimes. Took the lowball deal out of loyalty, then got DIMITROFFED!!!!!!

Players around the league will be leery about coming here in the future. Especially after he does the exact same thing to Osi next year.

You're a very perplexing poster. On one count, you insist to have been a fan of the Falcons since 1970 - and I'll be honest, I believe you. But we've had more success than ever under Dimitroff (admittedly still not what I'd like, and I criticize him a good bit, but that goes for 31 other teams every year), and his business plan is obviously bringing in more big free agent interest than ever - exhibit A, Steven Jackson and Osi, both of whom want to play for championship teams.

I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't see where your train of logic is going. And that goes for most of your posts. Like when you post about how "clueless mofos" are making mocks despite them not reflecting what will actually happen, and them not knowing, and then going and posting about how you think Dimitroff will cut Osi next year and other players in FA won't want to come here. That's still guessing at the future...you're really no different from the people you constantly bash.

Like, seriously. Throw your posts into a basket and draw four or five out, and you'll have a bunch of contradictory nonsense. It just seems like you're frustrated and have no logical outlook on what we should really do, so you take it out on others here at TATF and bash Dimitroff whenever the opportunity arises.

Dimitroffed in this case means having an untrustworthy GM pull the rug from under a loyal Falcon player that was a big contributor and showed no signs of slowing down. And before you come back with that "he only had three sacks in his last seven games" bush it, please realize that Osi only had two in his last seven games. Lowballed Lofton and Grimes, then shtcanned Abe, Clabo and Turner. I'm glad he shtcanned Dunta and RayRay after realizing he Dimitroffed us with two of the worst freaa agent acquisitions this century. Players around the league probably won't want to subject themselves to his untrustworthy style of management in the future.

Gotta pinch those pennies for Ryan.

RISE_UP.gif

You're a very perplexing poster. On one count, you insist to have been a fan of the Falcons since 1970 - and I'll be honest, I believe you. But we've had more success than ever under Dimitroff (admittedly still not what I'd like, but that goes for 31 other teams every year), and his business plan is obviously bringing in more big free agent interest than ever - exhibit A, Steven Jackson and Osi, both of whom want to play for championship teams.

I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't see where your train of logic is going. And that goes for most of your posts. Like when you post about how "clueless mofos" are making mocks despite them not reflecting what will actually happen, and them not knowing, and then going and posting about how you think Dimitroff will cut Osi next year and other players in FA won't want to come here. That's still guessing at the future...you're really no different from the people you constantly bash.

Like, seriously. Throw your posts into a basket and draw four or five out, and you'll have a bunch of contradictory nonsense. It just seems like you're frustrated and have no logical outlook on what we should really do, so you take it out on others here at TATF and bash Dimitroff whenever the opportunity arises.

Or even when the opportunity doesn't arise, and there is absolutely NOTHING to base an attack off of.

If the door is completely closed on Abraham... that IS bad general managing. If the door is closed to him...for under 2 million (or whatever number they have) then hey that is business. But JA55 is an upgrade we need for this one season. If he wants mulitple years, this is not the city for him, we gave that to Umenyiora. But a fast secondary mixed with a good pass rush can be sucessful (2009 AINTS for example) so adding him would be smart and he'd only have to play 40% of the game to have a big impact.

If the door is completely closed on Abraham... that IS bad general managing. If the door is closed to him...for under 2 million (or whatever number they have) then hey that is business. But JA55 is an upgrade we need for this one season. If he wants mulitple years, this is not the city for him, we gave that to Umenyiora. But a fast secondary mixed with a good pass rush can be sucessful (2009 AINTS for example) so adding him would be smart and he'd only have to play 40% of the game to have a big impact.

How do you know that for sure?

Edited by TeamPlayer1

gimme a friggin' break with the "Falcons Lowball" garbage - what a load of horse-sheot.

Abe has been a free agent for almost two months now and no one has offered him anything close to what the Falcons were paying him before he was cut - nobody is offering Abe much of anything.

It sucks for Abe but he is hardly in a unique position. Freeney is out there, Seymour is out there, Charles Woodson is out there, Brian Urlacher is out there. This is the NFL which stands for "Not For Long"......All of these guys are at the end of their careers and teams don't want to play diminished players big money anymore.

it would be nice to have Abe back - Falcons made him an offer - a low offer, and Abe passed on it - which is his prerogative. Its not exactly like others are beating Abe's door down - he's been out there for the other 31 NFL teams to sign as well.

Abe was a great player for the Falcons - but its just time to move on...hope Abe gets signed somewhere. He definitely still can play.

You do realize there is something called a salary cap and it is going to effect players... 13 year players especially!

55 was great but no one is offering him what he wants.... If he wants to hold out until a team needs to fill a DE spot due to some training or pre-season cut, injury or whatever then he can take that chance.

Not many players get to go out of this game on their own terms.

hires_custom-9407414d6e47cacf19d48fe0f70e9c5a14fc8376-s6-c10.jpg

I really enjoyed watching preadator play. I'm sure he does get tired of the fans tweeting him to come back to the A when he WAS cut. 100% we all know he WANTS to be here!! So every tweet he gets about coming back is like salt in the wound. Much love to Abe, hope Osi performs well so we can get over him cuz he aint coming back!! Best of luck to him, heck of a Falcon!

Edited by A-TOWNnDOWN