Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowen

Trufant Picked #21? Oh Boy..

36 posts in this topic

Nope, the Falcons don't retire numbers but I do wonder why most of the numbers have been inactive since those members left the team.

Claude Humphrey wore # 87 but I remember Horn wearing it and TE Tommy Gallarda is currently using the number.

Yeah, I can recall lots of guys using #21 (D-Hall, Metcalf, Owens, Bolden) but can't think of one player who has used #10 or #31 since Bart and Andrews retired. I wonder if that's respect or just coincidence?

Right, because the last guy to wear #21 was a TOTAL cocky a$$hole..... wacko.png

Eric Metcalf wore #21 after Deion.

Eric-Metcalf-RB-Atlanta-Falcons-Football-Card--98.jpg

There might have been others. But Trufant is not the first to wear that number since Prime Time.

Something I've been curious about: Aren't Ring of Honor numbers retired?

Because I can't say I've ever seen a #10, #31, #60, etc. since the players who wore those numbers were inducted.

Why is #21 so readily available?

Add #7 to 10,31,60.

There might have been others. But Trufant is not the first to wear that number since Prime Time.

You completely missed it. Which.... is not surprising at all.

I liked Metcalf, he was just like today's wr Harvin (minus the headaches/Dope)

Nope, the Falcons don't retire numbers but I do wonder why most of the numbers have been inactive since those members left the team.

Claude Humphrey wore # 87 but I remember Horn wearing it and TE Tommy Gallarda is currently using the number.

Some teams only retire a number when a tragedy strikes a player. Other teams might retire a number for a guy who won multiple SBs/MVPs and played his entire career with that team. For me, I kind of like not retiring a number but impressing the history on subsequent generations. "This is #84....understand what it means that we are letting you play in this number."

Looks like we have another diva.. #21 CB. Is this a good or a bad thing in your eyes??

(its a slow month after the draft.. what else is there to talk about)

Long as he turns out to be even 50% of the player Deion was I'd be happy as a baby cow with a mouth full of Milk Duds!