Deon Goggins - The Big Nasty Bull From Syracuse

didz

How about the size of Deon Goggins at FB? 6-2, 272 pounds of pure man coming out of the backfield to make holes for Stephen Jackson and Rodgers. This guy is what reminds me of the days when the Cowboys in 2007 had Hoyte at FB, the former LB who weighed in around 270 and was dominating the NFL that year. We need size and we needed it now. So lets all give it up for DEON GOGGINS and also , "Make Money Money, Make Money Money MONAY" Brian Banks a nice welcome to this team. Big Money Banks, and Deon "The Mammoth" Goggins.

11485956-large.jpg24727564-sf1.jpg

How about the size of Deon Goggins at FB? 6-2, 272 pounds of pure man coming out of the backfield to make holes for Stephen Jackson and Rodgers. This guy is what reminds me of the days when the Cowboys in 2007 had Hoyte at FB, the former LB who weighed in around 270 and was dominating the NFL that year. We need size and we needed it now. So lets all give it up for DEON GOGGINS and also , "Make Money Money, Make Money Money MONAY" Brian Banks a nice welcome to this team. Big Money Banks, and Deon "The Mammoth" Goggins.

11485956-large.jpg24727564-sf1.jpg

Seems to me MLB is his best position. Specials at first though.

Looks promising. I, for one, am SO stoked to see what Brady Ewing can do this year! I was really disappointed when he went down so early last year before we could see what we had.

He was the best fullback in the draft last year, in my opinion, and I'm amped to see him in action.

I don't know. I didn't see anything in any of the clips i watched of him. Only saw him at DT and linebacker. But this guy plays violent and means to knock your block off when he hits you. I like him. I think they should give him a shot LB

Based on the like to nfldraftscout, FB is his #2 position, check him out man...impressive stuff

There were two guys that stood out from this group, particularly during team sessions. The first was Syracuse DT Deon Goggins, an undersized but quick pass rush type. He measured at just over 6 feet and weighs 270 pounds but he was consistently beating his man with his first step and even kicked out to DE on occasion. He uses the leverage advantage well showing good upper body strength playing underneath the shells of OL and used his burst to make plays in the backfield. He was also by far the toughest to block during 1 on 1’s.

2013 NFLPA COLLEGIATE BOWL SCOUTING RECAP

Written by Mark Dulgerian on Friday, 18 January 2013 11:12.

There were two guys that stood out from this group, particularly during team sessions. The first was Syracuse DT Deon Goggins, an undersized but quick pass rush type. He measured at just over 6 feet and weighs 270 pounds but he was consistently beating his man with his first step and even kicked out to DE on occasion. He uses the leverage advantage well showing good upper body strength playing underneath the shells of OL and used his burst to make plays in the backfield. He was also by far the toughest to block during 1 on 1's.

Ya....I don't know where this FB stuff comes from. I thought that he was signed as a potential pass rusher....I thought I saw somewhere else that people compared him to Geno Atkins......

There were two guys that stood out from this group, particularly during team sessions. The first was Syracuse DT Deon Goggins, an undersized but quick pass rush type. He measured at just over 6 feet and weighs 270 pounds but he was consistently beating his man with his first step and even kicked out to DE on occasion. He uses the leverage advantage well showing good upper body strength playing underneath the shells of OL and used his burst to make plays in the backfield. He was also by far the toughest to block during 1 on 1's.

pssst... Goggins....

Hamster-Thought-It-Was-All-Alone-On-This-Soft-Tiny-Land.gif

I was hoping we'd give him a shot as a 4-3 rotational undertackle. He's certainly more explosive as an athlete than Peria Jerry, and even Corey Peters while Peters is probably a better DT.

I just want Jerry gone already, he shouldn't have a role on a SB-caliber team and it is sad that we still try to find him one just because we used a 1st rounder on him. Hopefully the other UDFA Replogle will take Jerry's role in the 4-3 undertackle rotation --- I've read some things about him being a steal as a UDFA and how we can make an impact in a rotation as a 4-3 DT.

I also don't mind Goggins being used a FB, but I'm sure it is for short yardage and certain blocking situations. He is kind of like Turner then in tipping what kind of play it is -- he can't catch, and I doubt he can pass protect very well, so if he is on the field then it is either a certain run or it will be a goal-line play action pass. But like I said, I'm sure it would be very specifically for those situations anyway. Kind of like a mini-Fridge haha.

Bradie Ewing is coming off of injury and was also more of a Kuhn-back than a true full back as he was a runner, receiver, and blocker for Montee Ball at Wisconsin. Ewing will still be our main fullback, and I'm excited for him in our offense because both he and SJax can catch.......this means that a traditional FB/RB formation with TG at TE and Julio and Roddy at WR can audible into a 5 receiver formation with Matt checking into 2 RB shotgun at the line and Ewing and SJax releasing into routes, or one pass blocking (Ewing) and then releasing.

I'm really excited for our offense this year. Just wish we used an earlier pick on a slot WR or receiving TE. Seeing how early Josh Boyce went to the Pats, and how the Dolphins also badly wanted him, I am now even more convinced that Boyce (who I've been loving as a slot prospect for a long time now and had been on record saying he was my 2nd favorite slot prospect in the draft, even over Goodwin -- and he was taken before Goodwin!) is going to be a HOF'er type slot WR with the Pats and make an impact in short order. Wouldn't be surprised if he beat out Amendola and they end up getting Amendola or trading him. Kid can fly and is built like a RB.