Just A Little Something On Darius Johnson

It seems that our UDFA class is more popular on here than our actual draft class.

I don't put much stock in our UDFA just like I do every year. We seem as a team to lack the ability to coach up any worth a grain of salt. At least we used to be able to take a Grimes or McClure and make them starters and we don't have the ability or interest in doing so under this regime. We haven't done so yet so I doubt we can now. Camp fodder is the best we can do and the ones we do keep are always expendable.

His body control, timing, and hands look elite to me. His size and timed speed knocked him down for sure and I'd like to see a breakdown of his route-running. Was Davone Bess an UDFA?

Agree Completely. He looks like Fitz minus 6 inches and 50 pounds. But that 6 inches and 50 pounds is a big deal.

I love seeing good body control on wide receivers.

I'm very very impressed with that video.

From what I've read it seems that his route running needs to be cleaned up and obviously the size is a "concern" however he's built like a lot of the modern slot receivers that have begun to excel in the NFL. I certainly hope he catches on and I think he's a guy that could be a really nice piece that could help us diversify the offense a bit.

I don't put much stock in our UDFA just like I do every year. We seem as a team to lack the ability to coach up any worth a grain of salt. At least we used to be able to take a Grimes or McClure and make them starters and we don't have the ability or interest in doing so under this regime. We haven't done so yet so I doubt we can now. Camp fodder is the best we can do and the ones we do keep are always expendable.

Yeah that has always been frustrating, but TD said the other day that the young guys are going to start getting a lot more playing time compared to how much playing time they had in the past, so that's a good thing. (Hope he actually means it, though).

D.Johnson and Bess have almost identical combine numbers. It would be nice to develop a Bess clone for cheap to add to an already potent offense. It would be sick if we have multipleUDFA WR's rise up and be serious contributors in the near future for that matter. We all know Julio will have Scrooge McDuck money this time next year, and we wont be able to invest a whole lot more into the receiver position going forward.

He can learn how to run pro routes and learn our system, but things like body control, toughness, and amazing hands are much less coachable. He has the wow factor.

Many WR vids have one or two spectacular catches where they are extending with amazing body control. Darius' entire video was a sports center highlight reel... The dude has it. I will be definitely be pulling for him.

Edited by HASHBROWN3