Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski Is Outta His Mind

235 posts in this topic

Yeah, I heard that too. I guess someone had to pickup the "network idiot" torch since ESPN booted Rob Parker. That or he is auditioning to be on First Take with Skip and Stephen A.

Stoic and PermaGrin like this

You never know.

Don't take that as an endorsement, because it isn't, but if someone said that about Elway after his first season, he would've been laughed at a lot harder.

Elway wasn't even a HOF'er after his 10th NFL season. Elway didn't become a HOF'er until he got with Mike Shanahan and got help from Terrell Davis.

Elway wasn't even a HOF'er after his 10th NFL season. Elway didn't become a HOF'er until he got with Mike Shanahan and got help from Terrell Davis.

Elway played in AFCG in his first five years. Had up and down seasons at start of his career.

Jaws is Captain Hyperbole. A fringe commentator at best.

Correct. But I think he does a great job of breaking down game film and putting it in basic terms that anyone can understand. That's why I like him. I'll always wonder what happened to basic X's and O's type tv shows.

Stoic likes this

Meh according to ESPN wasn't Cam meant to be the next Elway, don't worry just ESPN trolling nfl fans

Don't forget Josh Freeman after 2010 season.

Elway played in AFCG in his first five years. Had up and down seasons at start of his career.

He did. He lost the Super Bowl 3 times but scores of 39-20, 42-10 and 55-10. Quite embarrassing if you ask me. Also his numbers through his first 10 NFL seasons were average at best. 158 TD, 157 INT, less than 60% completions.

That's kinda the point. You can't really tell with someone, especially someone so young. People called Ryan a young Peyton Manning after his first season and he didn't go to the Super Bowl like Kaepernick - and I know you're going to want to come back with, "oh, but he didn't have the 49ers defense!" but that's not the point I'm trying to make. If you come back with "it was his second season technically," you're really grasping for straws.

These guys get paid to make bold overstatements, and we don't complain when they do it to our own guys (Ryan to Manning, Julio to Megatron, etc) so I don't know why we get our panties in a twist when another team has it happen to them.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Meh according to ESPN wasn't Cam meant to be the next Elway, don't worry just ESPN trolling nfl fans

I wasn't worrying. Just found it hilarious.

He did. He lost the Super Bowl 3 times but scores of 39-20, 42-10 and 55-10. Quite embarrassing if you ask me. Also his numbers through his first 10 NFL seasons were average at best. 158 TD, 157 INT, less than 60% completions.

He did reach 5 SB. Only Brady has played in more SB than him.

That's kinda the point. You can't really tell with someone, especially someone so young. People called Ryan a young Peyton Manning after his first season and he didn't go to the Super Bowl - and I know you're going to want to come back with, "oh, but he didn't have the 49ers defense!" but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

These guys get paid to make bold overstatements, and we don't complain when they do it to our own guys (Ryan to Manning, Julio to Megatron, etc) so I don't know why we get our panties in a twist when another team has it happen to them.

I think it's hilarious that he didn't just say Kaepernick was one of the best QB's in the NFL but said he would be one of the best of all-time and he's started just 10 or so games in the NFL. Remember Scott Mitchell? Remember when he started for the Dolphins the year Dan Marino got hurt and everyone oohhhed and ahhhed over him? What happened after that? Got a huge contract from the Lions and was average at best.

He did reach 5 SB. Only Brady has played in more SB than him.

Not in his first 10 seasons. Through 10 seasons (1983-1992) John Elway was (in my opinion) not a HOF QB. Elway made his HOF case from years 1993-1998 with the much improved play and winning 2 Super Bowls.

Correct. But I think he does a great job of breaking down game film and putting it in basic terms that anyone can understand. That's why I like him. I'll always wonder what happened to basic X's and O's type tv shows.

100% correct. He shouls stick to what he knows, and not make broad, sweeping comments about a QB that has had 1/2 of a good season.

Kaepernick can't make anticipation passes. He waits until someone gets open before making a pass and if no one is open by a certain amount of time then he scrambles. If defenses figure out the read option over the offseason then he's going to struggle next season.

It's his opinion. He is entitled to it. We don't know what Kaep will do. He could win 5 Super Bowls and 3 MVPs. Or he could be just another QB. Who knows

Kaepernick can't make anticipation passes. He waits until someone gets open before making a pass and if no one is open by a certain amount of time then he scrambles. If defenses figure out the read option over the offseason then he's going to struggle next season.

Kaep has only played in what 8 games his entire career? He will make those types of passes eventually. It takes time and experience in the NFL.

Jaws is just spewing out something to get knee jerk reactions or

popularity with the 49ers band wagon.

We will see what KaperVick is all about after he completes 3 seasons of play

as a starting QB.

Kaep has only played in what 8 games his entire career? He will make those types of passes eventually. It takes time and experience in the NFL.

Which is why it's far to early to make a claim like this. Give it more time. But Jaws is just doing what Jaws is known for doing. I found it hilarious and thought others would as well. That's why I posted the thread. Not because it personally bothers me.

Jaws is just spewing out something to get knee jerk reactions or

popularity with the 49ers band wagon.

We will see what KaperVick is all about after he completes 3 seasons of play

as a starting QB.

He is a better passer than Vick.