Trufant Is A Great Fit For This Defensive Scheme

Radiohead

Great pickup.

We hardly ever play press coverage and needed desperately a guy with elite speed (which Trufant clearly has) that can run step for step with the opposing #1 WR.

He should be solid from the get-go, but give this guy some time to acclimate and I'm confident he will be one of the best corners this franchise has ever seen.

For all you whining about Rhodes, two words: Malcolm Jenkins.

We need a TRUE cornerback. We got him.

A lot of people whining about this pick. I love it. CB was a need and there weren't any in FA that stuck out. Porter did but he went to Oakland. We needed a CB in the first and couldn't go in with Asante McClain Franks and maybe rookie from like the 4th round or later

We got the top pure cover corner in the entire 2013 NFL Draft. This guy IS an exact fit for our scheme which is something that many of the whiners don't even realize. All they do is look at where their draft magazine rated him and projected he would get picked and scream from the mountaintop: "WE OVERPAYED!!!!!!!!" "We needed a paSSrusher!!"" Our scheme calls for a guy who can go out there on an island and take away the offenses best WR.....this guy was needed far more than our draft magazine armchair GMs will ever realize.

The only thing I dislike about Trufant is his ball skills. If you watch him he bats away a lot of passes and doesn't seem to have good hands. Not sure that's a detriment, and I guess that can be corrected.

The positives of this guy beyond his speed and athleticism, is he has great technique. I'm noticing in his highlights his head is always swiveled towards the ball and takes smart angles. He's a bit grabby, but most good cbs are, and I'm sure Assante can teach him a trick or 2

A lot of times what happens is some of our fans become obsessed with a certain player, and if we don't draft that specific player they were lusting over, they go on the attack and assassinate TD and the alternate player who was drafted. I've been around here over a decade and trust me, I see this every year at draft time.

The only thing I dislike about Trufant is his ball skills. If you watch him he bats away a lot of passes and doesn't seem to have good hands. Not sure that's a detriment, and I guess that can be corrected.

The positives of this guy beyond his speed and athleticism, is he has great technique. I'm noticing in his highlights his head is always swiveled towards the ball and takes smart angles. He's a bit grabby, but most good cbs are, and I'm sure Assante can teach him a trick or 2

I dont care if he doesnt make pick after pick, this guy's head is on a swivel and he runs step for step with top WRs and can get his eyes and body turned around to make a play.

PBUs are the most underrated play in the NFL.

It pumps the corner up and gets inside the WR head, frustrating as **** on the WR side because you just flat out got beat.

I'm telling you, this guy is going to be exactly what we need.

Rhodes is a press corner, he's a Dunta Robinson in style.. why would we want that.. The reason he did poorly here is he didn't fit the scheme. As soon as Rhodes was picked, they said he only fits defenses with a press coverage because he's stiff in off-coverage. Why pick a guy who would be stiff in our scheme? Trufant is a great cover corner all around, and he has AMAZING work ethic which means he's only going to get better! I love the idea of him and Samuel on the outside while keeping McClain on the nickel. VERY excited for this secondary this season.

I've been predicting this pick for a while now. Trufant fits everything we need, it's a match made in heaven. He's a great cover guy with all the right skills and mindsets. He's a leader and a smart guy. It just makes too much sense. Not only that, but guys we have three CBs on the roster and one of them is Franks. I mean really?1

He deflects the ball Moore decoud asante spoon nich whoever intercepts it. Might get margus because of the same type of ability to get his hand on the pass but not necessarily complete the play themself. Marcus would have osi babe Peters to clean up the sack like trufant has Moore decould to clean up the batted ball or finish the tackle with a forced fumble

people are complaining because they thought he would fall in our lap at 30, cb is a highly coveted position in this new pass happy league, he wasn't going to be there at 30. bpa in a position of need go up and get him, good pick, and hey the draft aint over ,and neither are veteran fa signings