Give Me A Guy With Something To Prove, Any Day!

Kizu_7

I'd rather have a guy who is hungry, than someone who has been projected to be talented. It's obviously something you can't always measure ... but assuming the only CB selected is Millner when ATL picks, give me Hayden.

Edited by Kizu_7

I'd rather have a guy who is hungry, than someone who has been projected to be talented. It's obviously something you can't always measure ... but assuming the only CB selected is Millner when ATL picks, give me Hayden.

Couldn't agree more. I really like Tank Carradine. Guy was a monster this past season at FSU, and needs to prove he's healthy after getting injured. At that, he's already proving to be a insanely hard worker considering how he measured during his workouts since the injury.

Not to mention, we need another DE. Hayden would be nice as well, don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to tonight, no doubt.

Edit: Don't forget Xavier Rhodes either. Very good cover corner

Edited by quintorrisjones

Couldn't agree more. I really like Tank Carradine. Guy was a monster this past season at FSU, and needs to prove he's healthy after getting injured. At that, he's already proving to be a insanely hard worker considering how he measured during his workouts since the injury.

Not to mention, we need another DE. Hayden would be nice as well, don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to tonight, no doubt.

thanks.

same idea, Carradine is definitely a guy with something to prove. I'd like that pick as well.

Edited by Kizu_7

People really underestimate Rhodes. They take one look at his prospect profile and see something about him having bad hips and make the same statement without looking at how he plays...I actually think he has pretty freaking good hips for such a physical corner. Much better than a guy like Sherman, and faster too, though I wouldn't call him "better" since he doesn't quite measure up in terms of ball skills. Has Sherman-esque upside though.

I'm warming to Hayden, but I still don't know. He gets burned pretty frequently and uses his recovery speed to offset that. Very boom/bust.

People really underestimate Rhodes. They take one look at his prospect profile and see something about him having bad hips and make the same statement without looking at how he plays...I actually think he has pretty freaking good hips for such a physical corner. Much better than a guy like Sherman, and faster too, though I wouldn't call him "better" since he doesn't quite measure up in terms of ball skills. Has Sherman-esque upside though.

I'm warming to Hayden, but I still don't know. He gets burned pretty frequently and uses his recovery speed to offset that. Very boom/bust.

I was thinking about this today. You hear them talking up Millner and ever Mathieu (for Christ's sake), but I don't hear any talk about Rhodes and I haven't seen him in any interviews. Maybe he feels like he has something to prove ... I actually like Rhodes (FSU fan) and if he or Hayden was the pick I'd be ok with it.

The thread title had me expecting another plea for Tyrann Mathieu. I expect Mathieu to be entering enough of his own pleas down the road.

I'm very doubtful that Milliner will be the only CB selected before 30. If Rhodes fell to the mid-twenties, I'd say 'move up'. But he won't fall past the mid-teens and I wouldn't pay the price to go there.

I'd make a modest move up for Trufant. If Trufant went before 25, I'd definitely move up for Taylor, because a starting-caliber CB absolutely must be had in this draft.

I'd avoid Hayden. His arterial injury may have been a fluke, but I wouldn't risk a first-round pick against the possibility of a recurrence. Ask any heart surgeon - a repaired artery is stronger than before at the site of the tear, but prone to a new tear at the periphery.

Most scouts say Rhodes has better hips than Patrick Peterson.

I have watched Rhodes, and what you call "Physical" I call "Pass Interference" in the NFL. The guy is a grabber.

^If you're a Trufant fan, I've got bad news for you - he fouls way worse than Rhodes. Rhodes is up in your face and pressing you initially, throwing off the timing of the route, whereas Trufant will grab you more when you make your breaks. Rhodes won't be called for it as much because of that imho.

did anyone see the Bjorn Werner draft journey? He struck me as pretty 'Luke-warm' I know not everyone is going to have a hallmark story, but he just seemed like he wouldn't care if he was playing football or not.

That's the impression I got of him before even watching - just watch how he plays. He appears so disinterested if the play isn't in his direction. Do. Not. Want.