Is This A Make Or Break Year For Our Super Bowl Run?

Regardless of what happens this season its time to start building this defense through the draft. A lot of money will be spent on the offense so we need young and cheap defensive players to replace Osi and Asante along with the rest of the holes we already have on that side of the ball.

Wow...so you pretty much downplaying the falcons lead by Vick going up to green bay when no one said we had a chance, and the

Packers never lost at home during the playoffs, you want to come back years later and claim we only played a sub par team???if Ryan was the QB would you say the same thing or are you still one of those people that still have anamosity towards Vick???

To me the win in Green Bay was Vick's finest game, quality win no doubt, but Green Bay wasn't as good as they were when they went to the Super Bowl. They just weren't it was just a touch of the Lambeau mystic. That said still waiting for Ryan's signature win, Seahawks game was fine but that almost slipped away.But I also know while this team has some offensive weapons there were and still are holes that keep them from getting over the hump. One reason this draft is so important,but to throw out Ryan and consider starting over is crazy for the next 5 years they will have Ryan to Julio and that gives them a shot depending on how the rest of the team develops.

Oh my goodness.... If I have to read one more thread that has anything to do with trading Matt Ryan, I may scream....

Matt will be a top tier QB in this league (god forbid) baring injury for the next ten years. Julio is coming into his third year in the league and is easily considered a top five wide out...

TD is one of the best GM's in the league and does a great job at turing over this roster and keeping a good mixture of youth and experience. I hate to see some of the veterans go but that is how this sport works.

We will be relevant for a very long time due to how great our front office is. And who knows, we may win a Championship sometime during that duration.....

In the meantime...

Relax...

you are so right but it would be nice to see Osi Umenyiora, Jonathan Babineaux and John Abraham to meet at the QB with the new DT that we should trade up for if he falls to 12th pick Star Lotulelei and Draft a CB in the 2nd round ...... what do you think

I think getting a few more mods will be our best chance at getting rid of you.

he can win and he will.... it would be nice to see Osi Umenyiora, Jonathan Babineaux and John Abraham to meet at the QB with the new DT that we should trade up for if he falls to 12th pick Star Lotulelei and Draft a CB in the 2nd round ...... what do you think, we have to have a RUSH!!!!

Oh my goodness.... If I have to read one more thread that has anything to do with trading Matt Ryan, I may scream....

Matt will be a top tier QB in this league (god forbid) baring injury for the next ten years. Julio is coming into his third year in the league and is easily considered a top five wide out...

TD is one of the best GM's in the league and does a great job at turing over this roster and keeping a good mixture of youth and experience. I hate to see some of the veterans go but that is how this sport works.

We will be relevant for a very long time due to how great our front office is. And who knows, we may win a Championship sometime during that duration.....

In the meantime...

Relax...

They say it's now a passing league so if they trade him, they should get a better passer

let's see there is Brees, Stafford, Romo, Brady (NFL.com -most passing yards)

Which would you trade for

I think trading Ryan would be our best chance to win a Super Bowl

If Ryan can't win a Super Bowl with a stacked team and a salary cap hit of 10-12 million what makes anyone think Ryan can win a Super Bowl when his cap hit goes to 16-20 millio

None

Why should we think Ryan can win a super bowl?

Because he just had his best year ever, including playoffs in, a new offense and, since he's gotten better every year, really good bet he's better next year.

Because he will have a post season where his receivers don't fall down at critical moments. On 3 of his INTs, the receiver fell down after Ryan released the ball. HD fell down untouched on a sure TD.

Because 400 yards, 70% completion, 3 TDs, 9.46 YPA and a 114 QB rating is going to get it done in a lot of playoff games.

Because play action will be much more deadly with SJax.

Because SJax may very well have more receptions this year than Turner for his career, which makes the offense much less predictable.

Because Konz moving to center will mean a better pocket for Ryan to step up into.

Because Jones is primed for beast mode all season.

Because the D will be better with young talent and a second year in Nolan's D.

Because it's just absurd to claim, the week after a dramatic, last second, come from behind win in a playoff game, that Ryan isn't clutch.

Because this was Ryan's best post season by far: 70% completion, 646 yards, 8.43 YPA, 6 TDs, 3 INTs, 105 QB rating- for the first time, he elevated his numbers in the post season- completion %, YPA & QB rating were all better in the post season. Those numbers will win a lot of post season games, and are far superior to any year before. Bodes well for the future.

Yes, he made a couple of bad plays in the SF game, but if only focus on those plays, you're overlooking the big picture- that he had a pretty good post season, he certainly played well enough to win and he now knows he can win in the playoff game.

No, the team won more games when Vick was QB than since Ryan has been QB. Ryan has lead the team to more playoff opportunities than Vick ever did. Just sayin'

I've never seen such a ridiculous football statement.

In essence, what you're saying IS, When Vick played for us we only won because of the team. With Ryan playing we only win because of Ryan.

Do you see how ridiculous your rationale is here?

******* Homers!rolleyes.gif

In essence, what you're saying IS, When Vick played for us we only won because of the team. With Ryan playing we only win because of Ryan.

No one is saying they only won because of Ryan.

When Vick played the pack, the D got him 5 TOs, STs scored a TD, he generated less than 200 yards of O and 1 TD. When Ryan played the pack, his D never forced the pack to punt and allowed 5 consecutive long TD drives.

Think both were examples of the team losing and the team winning.

Dude, your a moron and illiterate.

Go home and root for your sorry azz team

I think trading Ryan would be our best chance to win a Super Bowl

If Ryan can't win a Super Bowl with a stacked team and a salary cap hit of 10-12 million what makes anyone think Ryan can win a Super Bowl when his cap hit goes to 16-20 millio

None

Ignored, because Tools who welch on bets that EVERYONE saw you commit to are dead to me and most of this board. Thanks.