Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Rockies

532 posts in this topic

Your last sentence is basically what I'm trying to tell you, so...okay, then.

Although, by the end of the year, we're going to be feeling a lot differently about this pitching staff. They got out to a ridiculous start against some terrible, terrible offenses. They've been pitching over their heads at the start of this season, they're not as good as the numbers reflect.

I know the pitching staff has been pitching over their head. That's all the more reason to bank as many wins as possible right now. But I also don't think the pitching is going to drop off nearly as much as everyone here thinks. I see no reason the Braves can't post a team ERA of 3.30 or lower.

Braves could have been up 6 games over the Nats. Every game we get up on them now is so important because unlike a lot of folks here I'm not already counting them out. They will get it together and start playing much better and the Braves will have a long slump when they lose 7 of 10 games. That's the way baseball works.

I just don't get how you can be so angry. I understand we should have won that game, but it's a game and things like that will happen. Not counting the Nats out at all.

I just don't get how you can be so angry. I understand we should have won that game, but it's a game and things like that will happen. Not counting the Nats out at all.

And I was over it in less than 15 minutes.

Hey guys!

Much emotion up in here over that loss. I felt a little bad about it too.

A few thoughts for me:

I have never liked seeing the Braves trying to squeeze in a run. ESPECIALLY when they already have a LEAD!

I say Let the man HIT the dayum ball! Sheesh!

The fate of the game probably turned right there on that silly maneuver.

Also, even though it was just one game, in a way that one game was HUGE!

They practically GAVE AWAY a game in the standings. Like the old cliché about snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. Anyway, as the season nears its end and the Braves are up 1 or two games, OR in second place by 1 or 2 games, THEN this particular loss will come to mind.

But things balance out. Braves probably have won and will win games they should have lost or should lose.

But to conclude as I ramble. 3-4 on the road trip isn’t exactly terrible. Not especially good, but not so terribly terrible.

Let’s watch them bounce back against Detroit!

J

A disappointing loss, but the number of times we're going to lose this season because Kimbrel blows a save and Justin Upton misplays a ball will likely number... well, once.

We win the series against Detroit and things will be OK. I like it that we miss Verlander and Scherzer, and we go with our three best starters so far this season.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

A disappointing loss, but the number of times we're going to lose this season because Kimbrel blows a save and Justin Upton misplays a ball will likely number... well, once.

We win the series against Detroit and things will be OK. I like it that we miss Verlander and Scherzer, and we go with our three best starters so far this season.

Mixed feelings. I too want at least 2 of three from Detroit. Better still, a sweep.

But then, I also want to see the Braves go up against anybody, including a Cy Young winner from the AL.

I guess it doesn’t matter too much. The Braves have been known to make Zoolander look like a Cy Young winner.

Go Braves!

J