Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Rockies

532 posts in this topic

Monday - 8:40 PM - SPSO

Mike Minor (2-1, 0.95) vs. Jeff Francis (1-1, 8.25)

Tuesday - 8:40 PM - SPSO

Julio Teheran (0-0, 7.31) vs. Jon Garland (2-0, 3.32)

Wednesday - 3:10 PM - SPSO

Tim Hudson (2-1, 4.50) vs. TBD

According to Mike Minor on Twitter, tonight's game has been postponed.

It's currently 36 degrees and snowing in Denver. It's 68 degrees and sunny in Atlanta. How could MLB schedulers possibly have seen that coming? rolleyes.gif

Had a busy weekend and missed most of the Pirates series (thankfully it seems) and now Mike Minor just tweeted tonights game has been cancelled due to snow

So stupid where they schedule out of division/league teams to travel to a cold weather place this early in the year where you know they will have no window to make up the game later in the year on another trip.

Ugh was looking forward to a Braves win to get the bad taste of the weekend out of my mouth but I guess I'll have to wait. Looks like I might be skipping Philosophy class tomorrow.

So stupid where they schedule out of division/league teams to travel to a cold weather place this early in the year where you know they will have no window to make up the game later in the year on another trip.

Remember just a couple years ago the Braves had 1 of their 4 games in Colorado get snowed out and then they had to go and make a special trip to Colorado to play the game.

Remember just a couple years ago the Braves had 1 of their 4 games in Colorado get snowed out and then they had to go and make a special trip to Colorado to play the game.

Yeah, so easy for MLB to avoid this kind of stuff.

Ugh was looking forward to a Braves win to get the bad taste of the weekend out of my mouth but I guess I'll have to wait. Looks like I might be skipping Philosophy class tomorrow.

Woo! Skipping Business Statistics lol.

Yeah, so easy for MLB to avoid this kind of stuff.

Yep. I'll never forget the year that Seattle had their entire 4 game series in April in Cleveland snowed out even though Seattle plays in a retractable roof stadium.

Yep. I'll never forget the year that Seattle had their entire 4 game series in April in Cleveland snowed out even though Seattle plays in a retractable roof stadium.

Only 10 of 26 games played in April are being played in your warm climate home. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Good news on B-Mac. Buster Olney just said on BBTN that tomorrow (Tuesday) McCann will catch in an extended spring training game (5 innings) in hopes that this weekend he can begin a rehab stint of 8-10 games and then he'll be back. So that lines up with being back around May 6th.

Braves announced that Heyward had to have an appendectomy overnight in Denver. Recovery time is 2-4 weeks so now we'll get to see Gattis in the OF.

Braves announced that Heyward had to have an appendectomy overnight in Denver. Recovery time is 2-4 weeks so now we'll get to see Gattis in the OF.

Or Schafer, wonder if this gets Mejia called up

Wouldn't mind Terdoslavich getting the call and the PT in left field with Justin moving over to right.

More likely I guess is a Schafer/Reed Johnson platoon. Gattis could also play in LF with Laird catching.

Hopefully Heyward has a speedy recovery and we get him and McCann back around May 3. At the same time, some guys have had compliacations coming back too soon.

DOB seems to feel that Schafer will get most of the starts in RF and will probably be in the leadoff spot. It might also give the Braves a chance to showcase Schafer to other teams because Schafer's spot on the roster may not be safe once Heyward and McCann return.