Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawggone

Espn Reporting Revis To Bucs

125 posts in this topic

They are going to have a very very good secondary. Gholdson and Barron could be the best safety tandem in the NFL in a few years and now add in Revis. There is going to be some fun games in Tampa this season

based on what? I haven't seen them play together yet , Gholdson didn't impress me when we played them last

He may end up like Nnamdi he showed once he came to the nfc from the afc there is much more offensive fire power and can get exposed. .. facing brees ryan twice a yr he will get burnt a time or two. ... as for goldson seen him exposed plenty and Barron hasnt proved anything yet... our offense will still run over there d... I can literally say run over now tht we have jackson...ha

They are going to have a very very good secondary. Gholdson and Barron could be the best safety tandem in the NFL in a few years and now add in Revis. There is going to be some fun games in Tampa this season

Reminds me of the chatter coming out of PHI in 2011 FA. Asante Samuels, Nmadi and DRC as part of dream team which will shut down the WR.

I have been pulling for this thing to get done from the onset. I hope the bucs pay up bigtime!! My hope is that Revis and his agent demand money. Huge money! I want to see Revis stay on that $16M/yr kick he was on while in NY. I hope it also costs the bucs their first and second and some futures... But the jets were not in that great of a position to demand too much or they would have been stuck with next years clause stating he could not have the franchise tag put on him.

For the falcons, he did have a severe knee injury. Say what you will but nobody can prognosticate how it will affect Derrell... The guy would have his hands full with our wideouts even prior to his injury.

Let the festivities begin... We need to make a statement on our first matchup. When Rivera sees his new toy get manhandled out of the gate, he will have a very sick feeling about this huge move his team made.

I have been pulling for this thing to get done from the onset. I hope the bucs pay up bigtime!! My hope is that Revis and his agent demand money. Huge money! I want to see Revis stay on that $16M/yr kick he was on while in NY. I hope it also costs the bucs their first and second and some futures... But the jets were not in that great of a position to demand too much or they would have been stuck with next years clause stating he could not have the franchise tag put on him.

For the falcons, he did have a severe knee injury. Say what you will but nobody can prognosticate how it will affect Derrell... The guy would have his hands full with our wideouts even prior to his injury.

Let the festivities begin... We need to make a statement on our first matchup. When Rivera sees his new toy get manhandled out of the gate, he will have a very sick feeling about this huge move his team made.

Rivera? Greg Schiano is TB coach.

Not happy about this. But I have to give credit where credit is due. As long as he rcovrrs like everyone else seems to be nowadays this will be a great trade for the bucs. 9 wins might give you a playoff birth in the NFC south thus year. Not saying revis automatically gives them a win against us. But it is definitely gonna make them a tougher out. If the saints can play any kind of defense and the panthers start winning close games the division is gonna be trouble.

He may end up like Nnamdi he showed once he came to the nfc from the afc there is much more offensive fire power and can get exposed. .. facing brees ryan twice a yr he will get burnt a time or two. ... as for goldson seen him exposed plenty and Barron hasnt proved anything yet... our offense will still run over there d... I can literally say run over now tht we have jackson...ha

Naw, Nnamdi didnt face Brady twice a year and shut down playoff recievers consistently. Revis was the truth. Lets just hope bad coaching and/or his ACL effects his play. Tampa's defense got worse last year when they fired their old coach. Lets hope that continues.

TD should swoop in and take Revis. Trade Ninja!! 1st Rnd and Harry Douglas for Revis!!

I really hope that this post was a joke....

And Revis WILL NOT be able to cover Julio, good ACL or not. I'm not worried about this, Tampa just blew any chances they had of rebuilding away. and no, I have no idea why this line is through my post

I personally love it. dude will not get away with all the holding he does in a Bucs uniform. plus if I was Koetter I'm going at him hard & unleashing Roddy & Julio on him often

good, they'll lose alot of picks for a diva holdout with a gimpy knee, so now Roddy and

Julio can abuse him for a few years.

As per Schefter: Bucs send 2013 1st rd pick and a conditional 2014 4th rd. pick (which could become a 3rd rd pick).

Not too expensive compared to the rumored picks.

6 year deal makes Revis highest paid DB ever, but NO guaranteed $$.

As per Schefter: Bucs send 2013 1st rd pick and a conditional 2014 4th rd. pick (which could become a 3rd rd pick).

Not too expensive compared to the rumored picks.

6 year deal makes Revis highest paid DB ever, but NO guaranteed $$.

13th pick and one more pick with 16 M a year sounds expensive for an injured player in rookie pay scale era.

Great for them. Now they need to find a way to cover Roddy, Harry, Tony, and Jackson out of the backfield.

That Harry Douglas is a beast...I don't know how Revis can possibly contain him.

That Harry Douglas is a beast...I don't know how Revis can possibly contain him.

I guess Tampa somehow bought a cloning machine with all this money they got. He is still one player and we still have an array of weapons to throw at defenses on offense.

The Bucs boards were mostly negative on the deal. Many were pointing out that their pass rush still leaves a lot to be desired. Also not to many folks were happy about the impending cap issues.

There were a few folks happy with it and they were far more concerned about Brees than Ryan.

I guess Tampa somehow bought a cloning machine with all this money they got. He is still one player and we still have an array of weapons to throw at defenses on offense.

Yes, one player that is frequently credited for taking away half of the field.

Even still, I am pretty sure Revis can't possibly contain the mighty Harry Douglas.