Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawggone

Espn Reporting Revis To Bucs

125 posts in this topic

They are going to have a very very good secondary. Gholdson and Barron could be the best safety tandem in the NFL in a few years and now add in Revis. There is going to be some fun games in Tampa this season

Tuggle'2 likes this

Yeah got the same alert on my ESPN Scorecenter, the deal is pending the physical the Bucs are giving him. Multiple draft picks, but what exactly isn't listed.

good news, bad news....

bad news is Bucs got a very good player, who should be in his prime for another 4 years or so if he fully recovers.

good news is once Bucs sign Revis to his $13-$15mm/yr they will no longer have the tremendous salary cap room anymore. if Josh Freeman does not pan out, it won't matter how good Revis is.

GENERALZOD, sdogg and CTann like this

They won't have much money in the next few years. All this money signing players like Jackson, Goldson, 3 O-lineman, and soon to be Revis.

Hard to find a bright side about this, but they were a huge player for Xavier Rhodes. Almost every mock had them going CB first. Now that they have Revis, they can afford to go after other positions and Rhodes is even more likely to slip. Add that to Hayden being talked up as Mayock's favorite prospect, and saying he's worthy of pick 12-20 consideration...

This forces me to rewrite my entire mock. We'll need to at least move ahead of the Texans. Vikings have two first rounders...moving up to 25 and landing Rhodes is a very real possibility. Kinda stoked on this.

Hard to find a bright side about this, but they were a huge player for Xavier Rhodes. Almost every mock had them going CB first. Now that they have Revis, they can afford to go after other positions and Rhodes is even more likely to slip. Add that to Hayden being talked up as Mayock's favorite prospect, and saying he's worthy of pick 12-20 consideration...

This forces me to rewrite my entire mock. We'll need to at least move ahead of the Texans. Vikings have two first rounders...moving up to 25 and landing Rhodes is a very real possibility. Kinda stoked on this.

no matter how we change our mocks to guess Falcons picks, you know Dimitroff is going to blow it up w/ some major trade.

sdogg likes this

^Nah, they have talent at the position, and a lot of it.

no matter how we change our mocks to guess Falcons picks, you know Dimitroff is going to blow it up w/ some major trade.

I don't know crap about what we're going to do. There have been reports on trading up, trading down, staying steady, and "wanting" over half of the first and second round picks in this year's draft. Rhodes is a smaller trade that makes sense and fits with TD being aggressive.

You don't know crap either. tongue.png

Dammit!!!!!

I'm glad... The dude just tore an acl, is gonna demand 15 million per, and not to mention all of the picks. Dumb move by TB. If freeman tears it up this year, going into his contract, they'll be counting pennies having to pay a qb 20 per, and a cb 15.

Trufant Island likes this

Good. That's the best news all off-season. Trading multipe picks away for a player with a cap busting veteran contract is just about the worst thing you can do in terms of cap management and team building.

No doubt about this. TD will probably draft a RB just so he can mock all the mocks, lol.

TD: " you don't know me", lol.

No doubt about this. TD will probably draft a RB just so he can mock all the mocks, lol.

TD: " you don't know me", lol.

TD and staff knows lot more about scouting than You tube scouts on this board.

Ehhh. Like someone said....coming off torn acl. Going to ask for a ton of money, get it, or hold out. That being said if we got him somehow I'd say...shutdown corner, recovering great, and will come back with a vengeance. As our rivals, I'm hoping its more of the first then the 2nd. I personally feel its risky for them though. Very.