Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Espn

13 posts in this topic

So we have the discussion about ESPN being biased all the time but the past couple days are absolutely ridiculous! This morning I hear them talking about strength of schedule, they consider the saints and the panthers two of the hardest schedules this year. But when talking about all 4 of the teams with the hardest schedule, they say "Only one of those teams have Sean Peyton!"

Ok, so then I want to see Braves highlights, and guess what they discuss when baseball comes up??? Not the Braves or highlights of teams, its f•cking Derek Jeter being hurt and then on to the next sport. So I flip to ESPN 2, and the exact same thing is on!! So, at this point I will be willing to say that I will not be watching ESPN anymore. I'm done with them, I wish there were a sports channel which talks about news and highlights for ALL teams with non-bias!!!!

Papa's Home and dozer like this

Yea, if FOX goes about this the right way, they can really challenge ESPN after a few years. I haven't talked to one "real" sports fan who has much good to say about ESPN. I remember when the coverage was fair and balanced and they really gave a good analysis that you could learn a thing or two from. Not anymore. It's almost like watching Access Hollywood sometimes.

OutkastFalcon likes this

Yea, if FOX goes about this the right way, they can really challenge ESPN after a few years. I haven't talked to one "real" sports fan who has much good to say about ESPN. I remember when the coverage was fair and balanced and they really gave a good analysis that you could learn a thing or two from. Not anymore. It's almost like watching Access Hollywood sometimes.

It is all about the DRAMA, no real analysis of any sport anymore.

FOX sports one will be out before too long, just hang tight.....

I hope so. They report...you decide. ESPN has took a huge turn from where they began...just like Mtv. Do they even show videos anymore?

Oh yea, and you are dead on with the Jeter thing. I think they spent more time discussing a crack in a 38 yr old short stops ankle than the entire highlights and analysis of the Braves games for the last week combined. Yes, I am a little biased bc I am a Braves fan, but c'mon guys.

Oh yea, and you are dead on with the Jeter thing. I think they spent more time discussing a crack in a 38 yr old short stops ankle than the entire highlights and analysis of the Braves games for the last week combined. Yes, I am a little biased bc I am a Braves fan, but c'mon guys.

Exactly, I watched most of the game, but I wanted to see BJ Upton's home run from last night because I missed it, so, as a sports network I expect you to show me highlights from the game and ANALYZE what the winning team did right, and the losing team did wrong. But f*ck that, that's not sports! REAL sports is the oldest man in baseball hurting his ankle???????? I know my blood pressure goes up just discussing the stupidity of those f*cking people.

Hey, I just wanted to see some highlights, lol

This. For cripe sake its a dang sports channel and all we get is drama...just as well watch the lifetime channel with my wife doing her nails.

I think everybody has been clued into the production methods used on ESPN. They meet prior to the shows and they decided beforehand who is going to take which side of an argument and it's basically all scripted.

As for their coverage, they always have and always will cater to teams in the northeast. It makes their 'news' unwatchable. Heck, all of us know how much time they spent last season talking about the Jets when that team was awful from day one.

So we have the discussion about ESPN being biased all the time but the past couple days are absolutely ridiculous! This morning I hear them talking about strength of schedule, they consider the saints and the panthers two of the hardest schedules this year. But when talking about all 4 of the teams with the hardest schedule, they say "Only one of those teams have Sean Peyton!"

Ok, so then I want to see Braves highlights, and guess what they discuss when baseball comes up??? Not the Braves or highlights of teams, its f•cking Derek Jeter being hurt and then on to the next sport. So I flip to ESPN 2, and the exact same thing is on!! So, at this point I will be willing to say that I will not be watching ESPN anymore. I'm done with them, I wish there were a sports channel which talks about news and highlights for ALL teams with non-bias!!!!

#1 - ESPN is ********. Everyone should know this.

#2 - Nobody cares about Atlanta sports. You guys REALLY need to get that through your heads.