Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Pirates

660 posts in this topic

The point I was making doesn't matter who the pitcher. It is a way to try and move a runner into scoring position. A hitnrun if executed fine but if he misses (which is likely with a strikeout guy) you give the runner protection by making the catcher wait. In that type of situation you don't care whether its Lee or Sanchez. If its close you swing, if its to far you take. I don't know if this was the case, but it is another perspective to think about.

I totally disagree. I think it's stupid to give away outs with how bad we're struggling to get hits right now. We should have had at the very least runners at 2nd and 3rd later in the game if it weren't for Frediot and his hit and run crap. You do hits and runs with guys that will put the ball in play. Not strikeout guys. The other night Fredi had Chris Johnson at 1st and Pena up and called for a hit and run. Pena is a good guy to do a hit and run with because he's gonna put the ball in play to protect the runner.

I totally disagree. I think it's stupid to give away outs with how bad we're struggling to get hits right now. We should have had at the very least runners at 2nd and 3rd later in the game if it weren't for Frediot and his hit and run crap. You do hits and runs with guys that will put the ball in play. Not strikeout guys. The other night Fredi had Chris Johnson at 1st and Pena up and called for a hit and run. Pena is a good guy to do a hit and run with because he's gonna put the ball in play to protect the runner.

Who the **** is giving up outs?? It's a pitch! and I didn't see it but I highly doubt it was on strike 3. I'm talking in general not just that one ab in that one game. He'll I've ran the play I'm talking about many of times. It just helps move the player into scoring position with just a little protection. It's a common call from a lot of coaches

Who the **** is giving up outs?? It's a pitch! and I didn't see it but I highly doubt it was on strike 3. I'm talking in general not just that one ab in that one game. He'll I've ran the play I'm talking about many of times. It just helps move the player into scoring position with just a little protection. It's a common call from a lot of coaches

At the major league level, it's a very low-percentage play.

It was called for with 2 strikes both times yesterday. Is that not giving up outs?

It was called for with 2 strikes both times yesterday. Is that not giving up outs?

Then I highly doubt it was actually called for. They might have put the runner in motion, but most likely the hitter was just swinging.

Then I highly doubt it was actually called for. They might have put the runner in motion, but most likely the hitter was just swinging.

It was a hit and run. It was called with 2 strikes. It happened twice. Both with Ramiro Pena the runner and Justin Upton at the plate. Both times it was with 1 out in the inning. The only time a runner runs with the pitch is with 2 outs. It happened. Did you even watch the game yesterday? If not then how are you sitting there arguing something that you didn't see?

Read the second sentence again

It was a hit and run. It was called with 2 strikes. It happened twice. Both with Ramiro Pena the runner and Justin Upton at the plate. Both times it was with 1 out in the inning. The only time a runner runs with the pitch is with 2 outs. It happened. Did you even watch the game yesterday? If not then how are you sitting there arguing something that you didn't see?

I already stated I didn't watch it. The only reason I brought it up is sometimes the situation happens with strikeout guys to help move runners. Then you informed me it happened with 2 strikes, and I said I doubt it was the head coaches call. I just get aggravated with Freddi getting blamed and even bashed for everything he does. He doesn't get to decide who swings at what pitch. Does he make mistakes **** yes, but every manager does, but he is far from as bad as most on here make him out to be. You calling him Frediot are one of them. We have discussed this before, but sometimes I play devils advocate with you just to debate with you on something. You are passionate so it's fun, but sometimes you let your emotions run so I try and get you to look at both sides. Don't take my debate so serious. I'm serious while on the field, but just come here for fun.

I already stated I didn't watch it. The only reason I brought it up is sometimes the situation happens with strikeout guys to help move runners. Then you informed me it happened with 2 strikes, and I said I doubt it was the head coaches call. I just get aggravated with Freddi getting blamed and even bashed for everything he does. He doesn't get to decide who swings at what pitch. Does he make mistakes **** yes, but every manager does, but he is far from as bad as most on here make him out to be. You calling him Frediot are one of them. We have discussed this before, but sometimes I play devils advocate with you just to debate with you on something. You are passionate so it's fun, but sometimes you let your emotions run so I try and get you to look at both sides. Don't take my debate so serious. I'm serious while on the field, but just come here for fun.

I have given Fredi credit for managing like a champion this season but on Sunday he had a bad case of Frediot. I have also said that Fredi made great improvement as last season progressed. I don't know how you missed all those posts but the first time this season I say something negative about Fredi you jump all over my case. WTF man?

I have given Fredi credit for managing like a champion this season but on Sunday he had a bad case of Frediot. I have also said that Fredi made great improvement as last season progressed. I don't know how you missed all those posts but the first time this season I say something negative about Fredi you jump all over my case. WTF man?

I read those and I far from jumped all over you. You are taking my comments far to serious. Many on here bash him....Chill man take a breathe. Seriously how many times have we discussed things, and how few have we ever got heated about.....even though we have disagreed on somethings...

I read those and I far from jumped all over you. You are taking my comments far to serious. Many on here bash him....Chill man take a breathe. Seriously how many times have we discussed things, and how few have we ever got heated about.....even though we have disagreed on somethings...

I just don't see how you can argue in favor of something you did not see. And the reason I did get upset was because I felt like you were questioning my knowledge about in game management and I don't appreciate it.