Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Pirates

660 posts in this topic

Pathetic performance this series. Flat out horrible AB's by several players. Better get their act together for the Rockies and Tigers or we will not be in first for long. Good thing FF will be back. We need another true hitter.

Snow + 8-0 at home + Braves losing streak = low chance Braves beat Rockies ... sleep.png

Hang in there Braves fans. Just keep chopin' ... unsure.png

Well it was fun while it lasted.

Hopefully by some miracle we'll still still be in the NL East lead after Colorado and Detroit. sad.png

I think they will hit another good groove in Colorado. The Rockies can’t go undefeated in that box. And Detroit isn’t exactly looking like the ’27 Yankees right now either.

Keep hope alive Braves fans!

tongue.png

J

Who goes down? Pena or ?????

Freddie Freeman placed on DL. Blake DeWitt called up.

Blake DeWitt placed on DL. David Carpenter called up.

Freddie Freeman activated from the DL. David Carpenter optioned to Triple-A Gwinnett.

Ok. My bad. Totally had no idea where you were going because I never heard any rational fan make the claim that trading B-Mac would be a good thing.

I have mentioned it. I have said if Gattis continues to perform Wren should listen to calls. We could make a trade and get something we could use for the playoff run. While we could get a draft pick they may or may not pan out. Oh and sometimes a coach will call a "hit and run" with a low contact hitter to protect a slower runner with the swing. Its not a bad move to get a runner in scoring position

No, it's for the morons that think we should ship out BMac. I think he'll go back to AAA anyways so he can get everyday playtime.

Medlen can bunt batting right-handed but cannot bunt batting left-handed.

Not an uncommon thing with a lot of switch hitters.

I have mentioned it. I have said if Gattis continues to perform Wren should listen to calls. We could make a trade and get something we could use for the playoff run. While we could get a draft pick they may or may not pan out. Oh and sometimes a coach will call a "hit and run" with a low contact hitter to protect a slower runner with the swing. Its not a bad move to get a runner in scoring position

I totally disagree. When the Braves are striking out at the insane rate they are the last thing you wanna do is give away outs by putting unnecessary pressure on a hitter to try to protect the base runner.. Especially in the 1st inning with a pitcher like Jonathan Sanchez who can't consistently throw strikes. If it's with someone like Cliff Lee who you know is going to be throwing strikes it might not be such a bad call but not with someone like Sanchez.

I totally disagree. When the Braves are striking out at the insane rate they are the last thing you wanna do is give away outs by putting unnecessary pressure on a hitter to try to protect the base runner.. Especially in the 1st inning with a pitcher like Jonathan Sanchez who can't consistently throw strikes. If it's with someone like Cliff Lee who you know is going to be throwing strikes it might not be such a bad call but not with someone like Sanchez.

The point I was making doesn't matter who the pitcher. It is a way to try and move a runner into scoring position. A hitnrun if executed fine but if he misses (which is likely with a strikeout guy) you give the runner protection by making the catcher wait. In that type of situation you don't care whether its Lee or Sanchez. If its close you swing, if its to far you take. I don't know if this was the case, but it is another perspective to think about.