Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Pirates

660 posts in this topic

I am seriously losing my patience with Heyward. Bad luck or no bad luck it's at-bats like the one he just had that just make me want to scream bloody murder!

Game 1 of the Hawks playoff game vs the Pacers comes on at 1 pm tomorrow. So does the last game of the series against the Pirates.

If this keeps up, I will be watching the Hawks game instead...something I haven't done yet this season (watching the Hawks instead of the Braves).

Overall, we pitched well (Maholm's shaky inning notwithstanding). Problem is, our offense is full of power, but short on consistent contact. Guys that have carried us in the beginning (J Upton, Gattis) are cooling off...and no one is picking up the slack offensively.

Getting Freeman back will certainly help, as will having Chris Johnson start at 3B the majority of the time for the forseeable future will also help. But man, that inning that we had the bases loaded with no outs and only scored one run reminded me too much of last year's Braves. And if we keep that up, despite all of our envious power potential, it won't mean a **** thing.

Overall, we pitched well (Maholm's shaky inning notwithstanding). Problem is, our offense is full of power, but short on consistent contact. Guys that have carried us in the beginning (J Upton, Gattis) are cooling off...and no one is picking up the slack offensively.

Getting Freeman back will certainly help, as will having Chris Johnson start at 3B the majority of the time for the forseeable future will also help. But man, that inning that we had the bases loaded with no outs and only scored one run reminded me too much of last year's Braves. And if we keep that up, despite all of our envious power potential, it won't mean a **** thing.

There was a time in the 90s and into the 2000s that the Braves no matter how good they were or how bad the Marlins were just had trouble consistently beating them for whatever reason. Well since about 2006 that team has been the Pirates. The Braves just for whatever reason have troubling consistently beating the Pirates. It is what it is.

Last two games have been an absolute joke offensively. Yeah, they had slightly better approaches at the plate this time around, but that 2nd inning was a freaking joke..it was the difference in the ballgame.

We all knew this is how our offense would look. Lets not get too hasty.

Some nights we will be world beaters and hit bomb after bomb

Other nights we will look ice cold and fan on every pitch.