Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Pirates

660 posts in this topic

I would say these guys are on pace to have pretty good seasons. LOL.

KC Covington@FriedBasballATL17s

Justin Upton on pace for 97 HR, 140 RBI (HR total seems low to me). Gattis: 54 HR, 130 RBI. Fransisco: 32 HR, 76 RBI. #Braves LOL

You beat me to it. BJ upton will get 22 Hr, 32 RBIs. LMAO

Is it too early to start a please don't put any of our guys in the Home Run Derby petition? ph34r.png

Actually Jaun or Gattis might put a good show.

do not want them to go in it.

What argument is that?

There was this story that was written after the trade saying the Braves were worse with the Uptons than they were last year with Prado, Chipper and Bourn because of The Uptons having a lower WAR last season. Something like that. I don't remember exactly the whole thing.

There was this story that was written after the trade saying the Braves were worse with the Uptons than they were last year with Prado, Chipper and Bourn because of The Uptons having a lower WAR last season. Something like that. I don't remember exactly the whole thing.

Oh thattttt WAR. I thought he meant me, WAR lol.

Fredi said that Gattis will be starting at 1B and Laird will be starting at C again Friday night.

Maybe Friday will be the day Heyward and Simmons start hitting, Juan stops swinging at pitching in the dirt (guess he won't be able to on the bench), and BJ builds off of a complete 2 for 4 and 1BB performance Thursday. Here's to hoping!

Oh, and Huddy's 200th win.

Seriously?

I use WAR, but it's not a predictor of the future. It's an-encompassing stat that shows a player's past performance value in relation to the league. With past being key.

Forecasting is still best done by looking at a player's experience, age, skill set, and injury history. Some stats are better at assisting in that than others (for pitchers, FIP for example). But WAR is not.

ATLBrave and Falconsfan567 like this

Seriously?

I use WAR, but it's not a predictor of the future. It's an-encompassing stat that shows a player's past performance value in relation to the league. With past being key.

Forecasting is still best done by looking at a player's experience, age, skill set, and injury history. Some stats are better at assisting in that than others (for pitchers, FIP for example). But WAR is not.

Can't remember who posted the story, but I said the exact same thing in response to it.