Just A Thought

Now normally I'm not one for crazy trades but watching the NFL network where Eagles were on the clock. They talked about the Eagles drafting Dion Jordan who for a lot of reasons makes sense. Where does that leave Graham when they just sign Barwin and he's not really the best of fits in the 3-4. Could we steal him with our 2nd pick? Just a thought.

Edited by head busta from augusta

Graham was always getting projected as an OLB coming out of college and he's the best one they've got. If they take Dion Jordan, Chip Kelly was the guy who actually knew how to use him at Oregon - dropping into coverage, covering slot WRs, etc. He'd be more of a Jack LB than a rush LB with Chip.

Graham is a borderline bust, their version of Jamal Anderson #98, we would never give them a 2nd. Maybe our own 7th, but I'm scared he is not not worth.

Graham is the reason Philadelphia felt comfortable with cutting Jason Babin. As soon as Babin left the team, Graham caught on like fire, and from the time Babin left and the end of 2012, Graham was the best 4-3 DE in the NFL.

Are we talking about the same Brandon Graham?

Brandon Graham, DE (13th overall pick in 2010): After a horrible ACL tear as a rookie Graham took some time to get back to his best. Consider him there after a monster 2012 where he had our second highest grade of all 4-3 defensive ends on just 435 snaps. Only playing time stops this grade being higher.

https://www.profootb...lphia-eagles-2/

Please don't confuse his sack total with his overall play?

2. Brandon Graham, Defensive End

If you can get to the quarterback in the NFL, you are going to get paid. It’s as simple as that. Brandon Graham had a Pass Rushing Productivity of 17.3, which was by far the best for all 4-3 defensive ends. The only thing holding him back is his playing time. Early in the season he was struggling to get more than 25 snaps per game, and it wasn’t until Jason Babin’s release that Graham saw significant time. If he can keep his production up on a high number of snaps, his 2013 Performance Based Values will just increase.

2012 Cap Hit: $2.5m

2012 Performance Based Value: $7.9m

Value Differential: +$5.4m

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/01/performance-based-value-philadelphia-eagles/

Just a little more tidbit to bring to light, now I will be the first to tell you that I am not one of these posters who thought Graham was going to be a sure thing "Hawkins" but Graham will be an upgrade to anything we currently have on the roster and for a second round pick this is great value for us.

Graham was a borderline bust that's indisputable. He played well in a few games last year. Let's see what he does over a longer period but oh wait... he won't be starting. Look who he got his sacks vs too (Dallas and Cincy). He only got sacks in two games during the time he was a starter.. What about the other 3 games?

While I agree he played well when given the chance a 2nd is quite a bit for a guy that before the last 5 games was a bust.

Edited by Kennesaw77

Graham was a borderline bust that's indisputable. He played well in a few games last year. Let's see what he does over a longer period but oh wait... he won't be starting. Look who he got his sacks vs too (Dallas and Cincy). He only got sacks in two games during the time he was a starter.. What about the other 3 games?

While I agree he played well when given the chance a 2nd is quite a bit for a guy that before the last 5 games was a bust.

Where are you getting bust from the guys is coming of a torn ACL missed most of last year and got 6 sack in the less than 500 snaps. Again better than anything we currently have on the roster and most like better than anything we will be able to get in the draft at either the 1st or the second?

Where are you getting bust from the guys is coming of a torn ACL missed most of last year and got 6 sack in the less than 500 snaps. Again better than anything we currently have on the roster and most like better than anything we will be able to get in the draft at either the 1st or the second?

He got 2.5 of those sacks in one game.

He isn't better than Osi or Bierman (as an overall player).

LOL at him being better than Ansah, Werner, Carradine, Mingo.

You could make an argument that Datone Jones and Damontre Moore are better too.

Edited by Kennesaw77

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brandon-graham-must-shed-bust-label-fans-view-150700441--nfl.html

http://973espn.com/is-brandon-graham-a-bust-he-thinks-so/

"The No. 13 overall pick in last year's draft lost his starting job early last season after a disappointing start to the year."- may 2 2011

After a terrific training camp, Graham crashed back to earth and lost his starting left end job to Juqua Parker early on. The No. 13 overall pick ended up with just three sacks while concerns about his lack of ideal size mounted.- Dec 13 2010

The Eagles have benched rookie LE Brandon Graham in favor of Juqua Parker.

Graham managed just one sack and four tackles in the first month of the season, so the Eagles will turn back to their reliable veteran. It's still a pretty big disappointment for Philadelphia's first-round pick. The Eagles have been getting rocked by opposing running games. Graham's short arms and size were a concern for his run defense throughout the draft process.- Oct 8 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brandon-graham-must-shed-bust-label-fans-view-150700441--nfl.html

http://973espn.com/is-brandon-graham-a-bust-he-thinks-so/

"The No. 13 overall pick in last year's draft lost his starting job early last season after a disappointing start to the year."- may 2 2011

After a terrific training camp, Graham crashed back to earth and lost his starting left end job to Juqua Parker early on. The No. 13 overall pick ended up with just three sacks while concerns about his lack of ideal size mounted.- Dec 13 2010

The Eagles have benched rookie LE Brandon Graham in favor of Juqua Parker.

Graham managed just one sack and four tackles in the first month of the season, so the Eagles will turn back to their reliable veteran. It's still a pretty big disappointment for Philadelphia's first-round pick. The Eagles have been getting rocked by opposing running games. Graham's short arms and size were a concern for his run defense throughout the draft process.- Oct 8 2010

Dude this is from 2010, 3 years ago!

He got 2.5 of those sacks in one game.

He isn't better than Osi or Bierman (as an overall player).

LOL at him being better than Ansah, Werner, Carradine, Mingo.

You could make an argument that Datone Jones and Damontre Moore are better too.

Osi is a situational pass rusher who has played full time in the last 4-5 years, do you wonder why no one else really made a play for him. Biermann would not start on any other team but the Atlanta Falcons.

When I say the best we will be able to draft, meaning are any of the individuals you mention available with the 30th pick. I could argue regardless of were we picking if any of these individuals are better than Graham.

Ansha only had 4.5 sacks with 2 coming in one game.

Mingo only had 4 sacks

Werner I question how good is he as a 4-3 DE

Carradine I'm going to remind you he is coming off the same ACL that cause Graham to not only miss most of 2011 and be effective for the beginning of the 2012 season. One of the reason why I don't think he will be a top 60 pick (hence the bet).

Osi is a situational pass rusher who has played full time in the last 4-5 years, do you wonder why no one else really made a play for him. Biermann would not start on any other team but the Atlanta Falcons.

When I say the best we will be able to draft, meaning are any of the individuals you mention available with the 30th pick. I could argue regardless of were we picking if any of these individuals are better than Graham.

Mingo only had 4 sacks

the Lions and Dolphins both showed interest.

Again false. Biermann is known as an average starter.

" He managed 37 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Biermann is a solid left end"- rotoworld

is it all about sacks? Both players are also younger than Graham

what's your point? Not all of it was. He was a bust until the 2nd half of this year.

Look at the guy who you mention take clipping from three years ago with them.

Carradine was in JUCo

Mingo never played

Werner was a nobody

Ansah never played

If you are going to grade someone from three years ago, hold everyone to the same standard.

the Lions and Dolphins both showed interest.

Again false. Biermann is known as an average starter.

" He managed 37 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Biermann is a solid left end"- rotoworld

is it all about sacks? Both players are also younger than Graham

Brandon Graham is 24 Biermann is 27 Osi is 31 what are you talking about?

Look at the guy who you mention take clipping from three years ago with them.

Carradine was in JUCo

Mingo never played

Werner was a nobody

Ansah never played

If you are going to grade someone from three years ago, hold everyone to the same standard.

I'm grading him from now. In 31 games Graham has done well in 5 games.

Edited by Kennesaw77

Mingo only had 4 sacks

Werner I question how good is he as a 4-3 DE

Carradine I'm going to remind you he is coming off the same ACL that cause Graham to not only miss most of 2011 and be effective for the beginning of the 2012 season. One of the reason why I don't think he will be a top 60 pick (hence the bet).

Mingo's main job was to keep the QB contained. He had a lot of pressures.

Ansah was a DE in a 3-3-5. He wasn't asked to be a pass rusher.

How in the heck can you question Werner in a 4-3?

Carradine is a much better prospect than Graham ever was