Failed 10 Drug Test

Taydumz

I rememebr that, and I remember thinking to myself "This kid is throwing away his life and will never get it together." I think our locker room would keep him focused. The goal of every football player is to win the superbowl, again, look at Randy Moss. Total thug when he was with the Vikes and raiders. Went to a winning team like the Pats and he pulled it together and was a major reason why that team dominated the entire season. TM can change the flow of the game everytime he touches the ball.

Randy Moss went to Marshall and cleaned up his act before he was drafted though. And scoring 54 TDs in two seasons didn't hurt his stock either.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just because those states legalized pot, it would mean nothing - this is NFL rule.

Of course it would still be against NFL rules.

I was referring more to the temptation aspect of it.

In Atlanta you need to "know a guy" and the city doesn't support it.

In Seattle... just google Seattle pot stores... Seattle pot tourism.... and Seattle pot festivals and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I would be willing to entertain the notion of the Falcons drafting this kid if not for one detail.

Less than one month after he went to rehab following his dismissal from the LSU football team, this dude was arrested for marajuana possession.

I've smoked marajuana probably 100 times in my life, and never come remotely close to being busted for it or caught in any way.

This dude gets arrested for it a couple of months after losing everything?

How big of an effing moron is this guy?

Not judging - but never would have guessed you were a toker.....just goes to show how none of us really know each other no matter our own perceptions.

Look at the article guys.

"Mathieu has acknowledged that for much of his college football career he put his love of marijuana ahead of his love of football. But he now says he has not used marijuana or any other drugs since October"

Or any other drugs? So it wasn't just weed? And you guys think we should throw a third round pick at that? LOL

Edited by HEI5T

Look at the article guys.

"Mathieu has acknowledged that for much of his college football career he put his love of marijuana ahead of his love of football. But he now says he has not used marijuana or any other drugs since October"

Or any other drugs? So it wasn't just weed? And you guys think we should throw a third round pick at that? LOL

That statement doesnt mean he used other drugs. It just means he didnt want to leave anything else to the imagination.

Now I dony know if he did or not, but you cant use that statement to confirm.

Some of you are arguing the wrong point. It's not the pot and whether it makes you slower, dumber, fatter or smarter, faster and focused...the point is...IT IS AGAINST THE RULES. And to echo Peyton, I certainly don't want a guy stupid enough to get busted 10 times out there on the field forgetting not only his assignments, but where he parked his Escalade.

I don't have a problem with weed.I smoked quite a bit in my younger years, but, the main reason I don't now is that the company I work for does random drug test and if I smoke weed, I'll lose everything. That's why it's been 17 years since I've smoked it.Failing 10+ drug screens make me question his ambition to succeed. The biggest scare I have about the guy is that when he was suspended the 1st time, it was for smoking synthetic weed.The guy was smoking incense! How big of a dummy is the guy?

I would still draft him. 4th round maybe. This team is loaded with leaders and this kid missed out on a big payday. He will be hungry to prove himself, and being drafted to a winning team loaded with talent will only increase his drive.

hahahaha

I rememebr that, and I remember thinking to myself "This kid is throwing away his life and will never get it together." I think our locker room would keep him focused. The goal of every football player is to win the superbowl, again, look at Randy Moss. Total thug when he was with the Vikes and raiders. Went to a winning team like the Pats and he pulled it together and was a major reason why that team dominated the entire season. TM can change the flow of the game everytime he touches the ball.

Actually...the goal of every player is to get paid. Many vets hate going to the playoffs, because the playoff purses do not match thier regular season pay. A lot of what you hear in the media about players wanting to be champions, players quotes about wanting to win...its not always true. Or Philly would have won a Super Bowl a couple seasons back.

Laughable how many are alright with drafting a guy that can't keep his hand off the joint. Oblivious to the fact that its not even an issue with the act itself, but the rebellion an total lack of self discipline.

This times 1000.