Top 5 Qb-Wr Combos

FantasyFOF

Sportscenter just had a bit about the top 5 QB-WR combos in the NFL. Here's their rankings:

5. Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson

4. Peyton Manning and Demaryius Thomas

3. Andy Dalton and A.J. Green

2. Jay Cutler and Brandan Marshall

1. Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson

I know we get passed over in the media a lot, but it is an absolute outrage that they didn't include Roddy White and Matt Ryan on this list. They didn't even make the "people left off the list" discussion afterwards.

Matt and Roddy have averaged over 1,300 yards the last five seasons, what more do they need to do to get some respect?

Did you catch the name of the guy whose list this is? It was some dude I've never seen before and I missed his name. Former player perhaps?

I thought it was interesting his comments on Andre Johnson still being a beast, everyone forgets about him because he's been banged up a lot, but dude is still a beast imo. Really would have liked to see how his career could have been somewhere else with a better QB and fewer injuries.

I know we get passed over in the media a lot, but it is an absolute outrage that they didn't include Roddy White and Matt Ryan on this list. They didn't even make the "people left off the list" discussion afterwards.

He did mention White as being left off the list but didn't mention Ryan.

Did you catch the name of the guy whose list this is? It was some dude I've never seen before and I missed his name. Former player perhaps?

I thought it was interesting his comments on Andre Johnson still being a beast, everyone forgets about him because he's been banged up a lot, but dude is still a beast imo. Really would have liked to see how his career could have been somewhere else with a better QB and fewer injuries.

I have to put my homer shoes on and say Ryan should be on the list twice. Once with JJ and once with RW.

So outside of the Broncos, teams with 1 good receiver automatically have the best combo dry.png

It was weird, the host made it seem like it was going to be a who has the best quarterback and receivers, then the graphic came up and dude started talking and it was best Duos. I was hoping to see them discuss overall groups with the QB because they had just spent time discussing Manning and his group now with Welker.

I have to put my homer shoes on and say Ryan should be on the list twice. Once with JJ and once with RW.

Fair enough, I kept expecting Ryan and either White or Jones, but when Cutler.Marshall showed up second I was like no way Stafford/Johnson isn't number one. I like to think he couldn't decide between Jones or White so he just went with teams with one great WR, we unfortunately have two. biggrin.png

How do you talk about QB-WR duos and talk about the WR and not the QB?

It was at the end and he just kinda said some of the guys like White or Romo and Bryant (not positive that's who he said there, but I've got SC back on and it's coming up again soon) that could have made the list. Don't think it was meant as a slight, just not worded very well.

It's coming up again I think, and it may be Brian Dawkins who made the list. Not positive, but he was listed as coming up live on the sidebar and I remember it being not long after the LSU-Cam Cameron piece which is next.

edit: apparently the LSU piece is not next, the qb/wr top 5 was just after the Mort report on the Manning brothers doing offseason work. I'll try and bump this thread when it looks like it's coming on.

jay cutler and brandon marshall.. haha are you kidding me!? and manning and thomas.. they only been together for one year.. oh well their opinion is obviously crazy

I agree. . No way should Manning & Thomas be on the list over Ice & Roddy. . Not even Matt & Julio. . They are both better receivers. .