Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Nationals

889 posts in this topic

I agree with you. I just have this very strange obsession to like getting myself into unwinnable arguments. My life would be so much better if I could just not do that. LOL!

LOL yes you do, and yes it would.

Well I see the former janitor Evan Gattis got 2 more ribbys today and so along that line with a

9-0 win not only was the series swept but mopped-up as well.. laugh.png

Yep, we handled the nats like garbage.

Gee. I try to add a little levity to the thread and don't even get a chuckle. Must have been very little. Good thing I got a day job.

GO BRAVES !!!!!!

What a statement win today. So this win should mean when ESPN HAPPENS to actually talk about baseball, its not about Roy Halladay struggling and actually about the team with the best record in the league!!! I'll tell you one thing, if there's one thing I know, its the Maholm is a beast and needs to get a long term contract from us, he's the ace No. 1 right now.

We outscored the Nats 18-5 in that series. 18...to...5!

The Nats scored 1 run over the last 26 innings of the series and that was Danny Espinosa's solo HR off Huddy yesterday. We just totally shut them down and they still talking trash about how they're the better team and have a better lineup. LMAO!

We keep talking about this offense becoming more consistent and lethal when guys like Heyward, BJ Upton and Uggla get going. Let's look harder at a key stat to see if they are experiencing bad luck or bad performance of their own doing:

BABIP (Batting Avg. ON Balls In Play

Heyward: .074 (.303 Career)

BJ Upton: .130 (.320 Career)

Uggla: .238 (.292 Career)

The average BABIP rate of any given player in recent years falls between .290-.310.

What this means is that so far, when these key hitters hit the ball and put it in play, they are resulting in outs (and not hits) at ridiculously high levels...in other words, they are receiving terrible luck that won't continue. For reference, Gattis is at .316, J Upton has a insustainably high .360, and Chris Johnson to a much larger extent at .417

Just thought I'd do the research and provide it here.

Falconsfan567 and R.C. Collins like this

We keep talking about this offense becoming more consistent and lethal when guys like Heyward, BJ Upton and Uggla get going. Let's look harder at a key stat to see if they are experiencing bad luck or bad performance of their own doing:

BABIP (Batting Avg. ON Balls In Play

Heyward: .074 (.303 Career)

BJ Upton: .130 (.320 Career)

Uggla: .238 (.292 Career)

The average BABIP rate of any given player in recent years falls between .290-.310.

What this means is that so far, when these key hitters hit the ball and put it in play, they are resulting in outs (and not hits) at ridiculously high levels...in other words, they are receiving terrible luck that won't continue. For reference, Gattis is at .316, J Upton has a insustainably high .360, and Chris Johnson to a much larger extent at .417

Just thought I'd do the research and provide it here.

I was looking at Uggla's last night and every year he's been in a Braves uniform his BABIP has been below average. Really shocking the terrible luck he's had with the Braves.

I think part of his problem is that it's gotten to his head a bit. He's tried so many adjustments, especially during his protracted slumps, that he's lost what made him an effective hitter for the Marlins.

I think part of his problem is that it's gotten to his head a bit. He's tried so many adjustments, especially during his protracted slumps, that he's lost what made him an effective hitter for the Marlins.

Well like I keep saying his swing and approach this year looks miles better than it did at any time in the previous 2 years. He's not so pull happy and as a result he's staying in on the pitches much better this year and that's allowed him to hit more balls towards the center of the field. His swing is also not nearly as bad with an uppercut as we've seen the past 2 years so his bat is staying in the strike zone longer. And his swing is much quicker this year.

I just got done reading the nationals game threads from our games. Almost all their fans think their season is over as far as winning the division. They think their team can't handle the pressure. We are in their heads. That comeback on friday and the beating we gave Gio seemed to break their spirits

I always wondered if it had something to do with his muscle mass. HE always comes to camp all jacked up. Players always talk about not being able to keep up with the grind and loosing mass and weight as the season goes on. So as he looses mass his hitting gets better (or in the past it has). This year he comes to camp leaner, and already looks better with his swing. Could it get even better as the season goes on? Stupid theory but it sounded good in my head.

Falconsfan567 likes this

I always wondered if it had something to do with his muscle mass. HE always comes to camp all jacked up. Players always talk about not being able to keep up with the grind and loosing mass and weight as the season goes on. So as he looses mass his hitting gets better (or in the past it has). This year he comes to camp leaner, and already looks better with his swing. Could it get even better as the season goes on? Stupid theory but it sounded good in my head.

No that's a very good point. We saw the same thing with Francoeur. Camp to camp looking like a body builder and just had a terrible year and could never get back to being the guy he was in 2007.

I'm on my phone so can't provide a link but Danny Espinosa(think I spelled it right) said after yesterday game we still aren't better than the Nats lol. He said it after saturday too and we smoked that a$$ yesterday. When will he learn to shut up

I'm on my phone so can't provide a link but Danny Espinosa(think I spelled it right) said after yesterday game we still aren't better than the Nats lol. He said it after saturday too and we smoked that a$$ yesterday. When will he learn to shut up

Yeah. All the Braves fans on Twitter were making fun of him by saying #DannyEspinosaThinks and then making a joke trying to get that trending.

The media has them built up with mistakeable confidence, I saw on article which stated Tim Hudson got a "lucky" win against the Nationals for their win in this series. Really??? A lucky win??? The hate will continue I guess until we pull away 23 games ahead of them. No one is mentioning at this exact moment, the Mets are ahead of them 2nd in the NL East.

The media has them built up with mistakeable confidence, I saw on article which stated Tim Hudson got a "lucky" win against the Nationals for their win in this series. Really??? A lucky win??? The hate will continue I guess until we pull away 23 games ahead of them. No one is mentioning at this exact moment, the Mets are ahead of them 2nd in the NL East.

No one is even mentioning that the Braves did what they did with McCann, Freeman, Beachy or Venters. Or without Medlen and Minor pitching in the series while the Nats had their 2 best starters going in the series.

No one is even mentioning that the Braves did what they did with McCann, Freeman, Beachy or Venters. Or without Medlen and Minor pitching in the series while the Nats had their 2 best starters going in the series.

yeah they lucky they didn't see Medlen or Minor. And one of their fans says our starting pitching is pedestrian.

I'am predicting we go 1-2, I have no faith in Teheran and Strasburg is going to murder us the way we strike out so much.

Welp, I was dead wrong, and I'am glad to admit it. This crow is delicious esp. with the disdain for the nats peppered on top. I bought in a little bit to the national media hype for the nat. I know it's early but, we look like a rock solid club right now and will only get stronger when we get fully healthy and when are big time players start producing more consistently.

GO BRAVES!

I just got done reading the nationals game threads from our games. Almost all their fans think their season is over as far as winning the division. They think their team can't handle the pressure. We are in their heads. That comeback on friday and the beating we gave Gio seemed to break their spirits

There is no drink in the world so satisfying as the tears of the enemy.

Falconsfan567 likes this