Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Nationals

889 posts in this topic

Wasn't meaningless at the time.

This is why people dislike you here. We just swept the Nats and have won 9 in a row and you have a sandy cooche over old Wren trades. It's so stupid.

i'm just stating facts and here's another fact I am happy we swept the Nats.

I just think we shouldn't forget some of Wren's stupidity in the past just because he made a few really good moves this year doesn't mean he should get a free pass on everything. You can't lose accountability in an organization

I just think we shouldn't forget some of Wren's stupidity in the past just because he made a few really good moves this year doesn't mean he should get a free pass on everything. You can't lose accountability in an organization

So what is it that you want exactly?

What is your point?

So what is it that you want exactly?

What is your point?

He wants someone to say Wren sucks, which is completely opposite of the truth.

Ok. Fine even if you want to roast him over the coals for that trade it's 1 bad trade out of the tons that he's made. There's no GM out there that is 100% right on every trade.

Great great great series. Sends the perfect message to the Nats and the league. Now the Braves will be in the heads of a young Nats team.

That was exactly my thinking when this series began. The Nats have never had to deal with the pressure that comes from having that target on your back. The Nats just got swept at home by the Braves and they had the pitching matchups in their favor and the Braves didn't have 4 of their key players. You could see the butthurt in the interviews the Nats had after the game yesterday.

He wants someone to say Wren sucks, which is completely opposite of the truth.

I don't think he remembers just how bad the Braves were when Wren took over. That JS ruined the Braves and that it took this long for Wren to restock the farm system and have the fruit show up on the field.

Oh so he won us a meaningless game?

Why because he's not criticized enough for it that's why

Well **** I still hate the decision to trade all those prospects for Tex to begin with so does that make me smarter then Schuerholz?

Falconsfan567 likes this

I wonder if the media is gonna make the Nats send the WS trophy back? I mean after all the Nats were crowned before the season started.

Well **** I still hate the decision to trade all those prospects for Tex to begin with so does that make me smarter then Schuerholz?

Or the Adam Wainwright for J.D. Drew trade?

I don't think he remembers just how bad the Braves were when Wren took over. That JS ruined the Braves and that it took this long for Wren to restock the farm system and have the fruit show up on the field.

That's not stated enough because JS is enshrined as the golden cow.

Ok. Fine even if you want to roast him over the coals for that trade it's 1 bad trade out of the tons that he's made. There's no GM out there that is 100% right on every trade.

567, Smart move on your part. The poster you are arguing with states facts with the benefit of 20/20 HINDSIGHT vision. He can not determine good or bad trade when happens but he can after the fact...something Wren does not have th luxury of. Bottom line is the Braves have not dropped off from very high caliber of play since Wren took over & Wren had to rebuild a lineup post Glavine/Smoltz and ageing Jones with a budget constrant. He has done a good job, I the think the poster you argue with just enjoys arguing and high-jacking threads for attention. if that is his true opinion then he is jaded and will not be convinced otherwise.

Falconsfan567 likes this

567, Smart move on your part. The poster you are arguing with states facts with the benefit of 20/20 HINDSIGHT vision. He can not determine good or bad trade when happens but he can after the fact...something Wren does not have th luxury of. Bottom line is the Braves have not dropped off from very high caliber of play since Wren took over & Wren had to rebuild a lineup post Glavine/Smoltz and ageing Jones with a budget constrant. He has done a good job, I the think the poster you argue with just enjoys arguing and high-jacking threads for attention. if that is his true opinion then he is jaded and will not be convinced otherwise.

I agree with you. I just have this very strange obsession to like getting myself into unwinnable arguments. My life would be so much better if I could just not do that. LOL!

"The Washington Nationals returned to the refuge of their clubhouse Sunday afternoon after a nine-inning kick to the teeth, heartened only by the fact that for the next few days the Atlanta Braves will be somebody else’s problem."

~~Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/nationals-vs-braves-gio-gonzalez-washington-routed-to-cap-sweep/2013/04/14/dd186d24-a53f-11e2-8302-3c7e0ea97057_story.html

i'll tell you what watching the braves the past two weeks has been nothing but enjoyable. seems like everything has been going our way.

but those last two pitches maholm threw to bernadina for the strikeout were not strikes lol.

Well I see the former janitor Evan Gattis got 2 more ribbys today and so along that line with a

9-0 win not only was the series swept but mopped-up as well.. laugh.png

Yep, we handled the nats like garbage.

What will really make this season special is if we can sell out some more games than usual. Get some huge crowds in there and show liberty media that investing money in this team is a good investment.

I think attendance will be up quite a bit this year. Just keep the 45 degree rainy weather away!

AF89 likes this

I think attendance will be up quite a bit this year. Just keep the 45 degree rainy weather away!

Well TV ratings for the Braves are up greatly over last year and I expect to see that translate to better attendance.

I agree with you. I just have this very strange obsession to like getting myself into unwinnable arguments. My life would be so much better if I could just not do that. LOL!

FF, you are a true Braves fan at heart and when someone puts up stuff that just makes you say "dude, are you a Braves fan?" You hit them on that and I give you props.

Falconsfan567 likes this

FF, you are a true Braves fan at heart and when someone puts up stuff that just makes you say "dude, are you a Braves?" You hit them on that and I give you props.

Thanks.