Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Nationals

889 posts in this topic

Anyway.

Nice to see them jump all over Gonzalez early. Maholm has been a great acquisition for us considering we have up practically nothing to get him.

I don't even remember who we gave up to get Maholm. Maholm has been better than I think anyone could have imagined. I knew he wasn't as bad as numbers with the Pirates showed all those years. But I sure didn't expect him to turn into the 2nd coming of Tom Glavine.

How about some positivity boys, someone needs to save this thread and bring it back up after we when the championship. So we can look at how stupid we looked back at the beginning of the ride.

Heck we didn't even have to wait THAT long. Your confidence is inspiring, well played sir well played.

1 good prospect Wren has given up because the Braves were in desperate need of a MLB bullpen arm at the time and someone to play CF. How you are holding that against Wren I'll never know. There ain't nothing special about any of the other prospects Wren has given up. NOT A DAYUM thing that the Braves don't already have right now or didn't have at the time. I swear you get some kind of special joy about b!tching about every single little thing.

Blanco was just as good as Ankiel that year but for some reason had made Bobby's **** list and Farnsworth wasn't to good when he got here.

I don't even remember who we gave up to get Maholm. Maholm has been better than I think anyone could have imagined. I knew he wasn't as bad as numbers with the Pirates showed all those years. But I sure didn't expect him to turn into the 2nd coming of Tom Glavine.

maholm was a good move considering Arodys was coming off Tommy John and we needed an arm in the worst of ways, I never wanted Dempster anyhow and always thought Maholm was a good moove

Gave up Vizcaino for him and Reed Johnson.

Edit: Thought we sent one more guy in the deal as well, and was correct. Jaye Chapman went to the Cubs too.

Blanco was just as good as Ankiel that year but for some reason had made Bobby's **** list and Farnsworth wasn't to good when he got here.

Blanco? Oh yes. The Gregor Blanco of the career slash line of .253/.350/.329? Wow. How could I have forgotten about that stud.

Gave up Vizcaino for him and Reed Johnson.

Vizcaino might turn out to be a pretty good pitcher but pretty good deal for someone that was out with TJ surgery.

Anyway.

Nice to see them jump all over Gonzalez early. Maholm has been a great acquisition for us considering we have up practically nothing to get him.

yep

Blanco? Oh yes. The Gregor Blanco of the career slash line of .253/.350/.329? Wow. How could I have forgotten about that stud.

oh what about Ankiel's career line of .244/.305/.423

Fwiw Blanco was batting .310 with a .394 OPB that year with the Braves before he was traded and finished at .283 .368 for the year

Didn't call him a stud just said he was as good as Ankiel

Oh btw Ankiel's line with us for that season was .210/.324/.328

So basically we gave up Collins for a .210 hitter and a 5.14 ERA reliever, that was an absolutely terrible trade given how good Collins has been and I called it terrible when it happened

I was also right about Medlen being one of the best starters in the MLB before Tommy John in 2010

No you weren't? You said the guy was having a Cy Young caliber season before he got hurt, which was remotely close to the truth.

No you weren't? You said the guy was having a Cy Young caliber season before he got hurt, which was remotely close to the truth.

Ok maybe I over-stretched it but he is a Cy Young caliber pitcher and I realized that so ha

Ok maybe I over-stretched it but he is a Cy Young caliber pitcher and I realized that so ha

Who the **** cares?

No one.

Anyway.

I was upset that we gave up Arodys Vizcaino at first but I'm very happy to have Maholm. Great trade for us

oh what about Ankiel's career line of .244/.305/.423

Fwiw Blanco was batting .310 with a .394 OPB that year with the Braves before he was traded and finished at .283 .368 for the year

Didn't call him a stud just said he was as good as Ankiel

Oh btw Ankiel's line with us for that season was .210/.324/.328

So basically we gave up Collins for a .210 hitter and a 5.14 ERA reliever, that was an absolutely terrible trade given how good Collins has been and I called it terrible when it happened

Again. The Braves needed an MLB bullpen arm and Collins wasn't ready to pitch in the majors yet. Also Ankiel won the Braves the only game they won against the Giants in the NLDS that year by hitting a homerun which is something Blanco can't do. That's why Ankiel was swapped for Blanco.

I still don't understand why you're here b!tching about a trade from 3 years ago that has absolutely ZERO effect on the current team.

Again. The Braves needed an MLB bullpen arm and Collins wasn't ready to pitch in the majors yet. Also Ankiel won the Braves the only game they won against the Giants in the NLDS that year by hitting a homerun which is something Blanco can't do. That's why Ankiel was swapped for Blanco.

I still don't understand why you're here b!tching about a trade from 3 years ago that has absolutely ZERO effect on the current team.

It's so weird, he wants a pat on the head or something for his opinion from years ago.

Go tell your mom you liked players we traded 3 years ago and get your self esteem boost or something. Stop fishing here.

Oh so he won us a meaningless game?

Why because he's not criticized enough for it that's why

Why does he deserve to be criticized for it when he's done nearly everything right?

Vizcaino might turn out to be a pretty good pitcher but pretty good deal for someone that was out with TJ surgery.

I agree with you it was a good deal. I also think Arodys will be a great pitcher. I always liked him more than Julio and Delgado

Wasn't meaningless at the time.

This is why people dislike you here. We just swept the Nats and have won 9 in a row and you have a sandy cooche over old Wren trades. It's so stupid.