Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Nationals

889 posts in this topic

Surprised Freddi is allowing Maholm to stay in with 2 runners on in the 8th with 110 pitches, and a 9 run lead

Hey Fredi can we pull Maholm and save his arm? 7 and 1/3 of shutout ball is good enough

And lol Bernadina

So... I missed an inning and now Heywards out, did he get hurt?

no with a very nice lead he is resting some of the starters and getting some of the beanch players innings. Good move IMO.

CrimsonFalcon likes this

no Fredi just doing he usual bewildering management

Hmmmm ..... I wondered if he was just resting him or getting Reed some time, but Heyward is just starting to zone in, he really needs the ABs. Weird.

Jeff Locke in the McClouth trade, Collins for Farnsworth, we'll see what Clemens and Olberholtzer do in Houston

I know he sucked here but Kotchman for Texeira was so laughably lopsided.

The jury is still out on Jeff Locke. But his career stats so far in the majors are far from great.

14 G, 12 GS, 2/7 W/L, 62 IP, 69 H, 38 R, 38 ER, 10 HR, 26 BB, 42 SO, 5.52 ERA

Tim Collins is a LOOGY nothing special.

Wren's hands were tied with the Teixeira trade. Nobody was going to give up anything of value for 2 months of Teixeira knowing the kind of contract he was going to get. Don't see how you can blame Wren for that.

Far too early to judge Clemens and Olberholzer.

Wren has not traded away any highly rated prospects. All the prospects he traded away have been B and C prospects.

no Fredi just doing his usual bewildering management

How is it bewildering to let some bench guys get some playing time in the final innings of a game we're winning 9-0?

Hmmmm ..... I wondered if he was just resting him or getting Reed some time, but Heyward is just starting to zone in, he really needs the ABs. Weird.

Heyward had just hit a double. Probably good to let him sit on a double and let that be his last result at the plate until the Braves next game on Tuesday.

The jury is still out on Jeff Locke. But his career stats so far in the majors are far from great.

14 G, 12 GS, 2/7 W/L, 62 IP, 69 H, 38 R, 38 ER, 10 HR, 26 BB, 42 SO, 5.52 ERA

Tim Collins is a LOOGY nothing special.

Wren's hands were tied with the Teixeira trade. Nobody was going to give up anything of value for 2 months of Teixeira knowing the kind of contract he was going to get. Don't see how you can blame Wren for that.

Far too early to judge Clemens and Olberholzer.

Wren has not traded away any highly rated prospects. All the prospects he traded away have been B and C prospects.

Collins is not just a loggy, he's a 23 year old hard throwing lefty with a good career line. I think people just don't want to admit that he's a really good reliever and Farnsworth and Ankiel weren't worth it.

He squared several up, and had 4 AB's. Nothing more to do today.

Collins is not just a loggy, he's a 23 year old hard throwing lefty with a good career line. I think people just don't want to admit that he's a really good reliever and Farnsworth and Ankiel weren't worth it.

Ok. And how many great bullpen arms do the Braves have already? You can't keep them all.

Props to Gattis for doing the dirty work behind the dish. He's been great blocking it up back there.

Dude probably could've made a great NHL goalie if he'd grown up further north.

Ok. And how many great bullpen arms do the Braves have already? You can't keep them all.

Eh he would be a better option than Ayala. You can't have to many good young relievers.

567 don't argue with him. It's a waste of time and energy. He doesn't get it.

No, I'm right here and I've always been right. Wren made some pretty terrible trades and gave up good prospects. The Collins trade was probably the worst considering he was 2nd among NL relievers last years in SOs and had a 3.36 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP at age 22. Kid looks like he's going to be a really really good reliever and we could have used him before Walden and Ayala

Anyway.

Nice to see them jump all over Gonzalez early. Maholm has been a great acquisition for us considering we have up practically nothing to get him.

No, I'm right here and I've always been right. Wren made some pretty terrible trades and gave up good prospects. The Collins trade was probably the worst considering he was 2nd among NL relievers last years in SOs and had a 3.36 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP at age 22. Kid looks like he's going to be a really really good reliever and we could have used him before Walden and Ayala

1 good prospect Wren has given up because the Braves were in desperate need of a MLB bullpen arm at the time and someone to play CF. How you are holding that against Wren I'll never know. There ain't nothing special about any of the other prospects Wren has given up. NOT A DAYUM thing that the Braves don't already have right now or didn't have at the time. I swear you get some kind of special joy about b!tching about every single little thing.