Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Nationals

889 posts in this topic

Man....could you imagine if we actually got that dumbass Dempster instead of Maholm?

Worked out so much better for us.

Yep

Man....could you imagine if we actually got that dumbass Dempster instead of Maholm?

Worked out so much better for us.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

IF BJ keeps getting better, JHey gets it going, Freeman comes back, Uggla gets hot, and if the old silver slugger Mac comes back this team will be freaking scary. They are doing it now without JHey, BJ, Uggla, and some Freeman.

I dont know either. He starts slow over his career, and this year looks to be the same. I think it was you that actually broke it down, but he hasnt had 2 bad years for the Braves he has had 2 horrinble half seasons. He has been fairly strong the other 2 half seasons. We just need him to have his old type where he slowly builds to his second half which he looks to be doing.

And Uggla isn't even doing bad right now either. He's hitting the ball hard and his swing just looks so much better than it has at any point the last 2 years. Plus he's still got the really high walk rate that he showed last year. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Uggla finished the year with a .260-.270 average with 30 bombs.

And Uggla isn't even doing bad right now either. He's hitting the ball hard and his swing just looks so much better than it has at any point the last 2 years. Plus he's still got the really high walk rate that he showed last year. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Uggla finished the year with a .260-.270 average with 30 bombs.

I'd take that all day long

IF BJ keeps getting better, JHey gets it going, Freeman comes back, Uggla gets hot, and if the old silver slugger Mac comes back this team will be freaking scary. They are doing it now without JHey, BJ, Uggla, and some Freeman.

OK are the announcers reading this board during the game???

Man is Frank Wren looking like a genius or what with the way this team is playing...

He's always been a genius working within the constraints of the budget and rebuilding the depleted farm system

Falconsfan567 and ugadawg like this

Maholm and Huddy are going to make a tough decision for Wren at the end of the year. Beachy, Medlen, Minor, and Teharen will most likely be locks but do they bring one of them back, or go with a young guy again?

My problem with Wren was the rent-a-player startegy. Trading Yunel forAlex Gonzalez, Tim Collins for Farnsworth and Ankiel.

Gorkys and Locke for McClouth, the Lee trade

7 shutout innings for Paul Maholm. He has yet to give up a run this season! The only starting pitcher that you could make a case for as having started the season better than Maholm is Matt Harvey for the Mets who has in each of his starts pitched 7 innings and given up 3 hits or less with an insane amount of strikeouts.

My problem with Wren was the rent-a-player startegy. Trading Yunel forAlex Gonzalez, Tim Collins for Farnsworth and Ankiel.

Gorkys and Locke for McClouth, the Lee trade

McClouth was playing at an allstar caliber - Great move

Yunel was a dousche - great move

We needed a CF, and a pen arm and we gave nothing - Great move

Try again Wren has made far more good/great moves then he has bad moves.

McClouth was playing at an allstar caliber - Great move

Yunel was a dousche - great move

We needed a CF, and a pen arm and we gave nothing - Great move

Try again Wren has made far more good/great moves then he has bad moves.

McClouth was terrible and Yunel was better offensively and defensively than Gonzalez.

We gave up so many good prospects in some of those trades, but our farm was really deep. However, I feel that had we kept some of those guys we would be in a much better position for the future and if we did need to trade for an Ace

McClouth was terrible and Yunel was better offensively and defensively than Gonzalez.

We gave up so many good prospects in some of those trades, but our farm was really deep. However, I feel that had we kept some of those guys we would be in a much better position for the future and if we did need to trade for an Ace

What good prospects did the Braves lose in those trades?

Looked like Maholm was getting ready to go back out for the 8th inning.

What good prospects did the Braves lose in those trades?

Looked like Maholm was getting ready to go back out for the 8th inning.

Jeff Locke in the McClouth trade, Collins for Farnsworth, we'll see what Clemens and Olberholtzer do in Houston

I know he sucked here but Kotchman for Texeira was so laughably lopsided.

So... I missed an inning and now Heywards out, did he get hurt?

no Fredi just doing his usual bewildering management