Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves @ Nationals

889 posts in this topic

I was out and about so I missed the game, but I did record it. I also got the scoring notifications from the Sportscenter app on my phone. Glad we won. Didn't think we had a legit chance to sweep before the series started. Leggo Gattis and Maholm!

God what an exciting start to the season

Hey guys! I'm coming in on the tail end of this. I sat at home in stunned ecstasy Friday night.

I just want to add this:

At the conclusion of our season last year, I was just looking forward to a NEW IDENTITY for this Braves team. I think we got it! Somebody somewhere said they wish we still had Prado. Well I am glad we don't have him. And I am glad we don't have the retired third baseman too. I have already stated I'd like to see McCann Kaepernicked (but I know others disagree).

I know the Braves have not won the Division or anything right now. It's just 11 games into the season. But they are showing us that OTHER guys can play ball too, and play it well. You just don't blast off the new season like they have unless there is something special about you.

J

Hey guys! I'm coming in on the tail end of this. I sat at home in stunned ecstasy Friday night.

I just want to add this:

At the conclusion of our season last year, I was just looking forward to a NEW IDENTITY for this Braves team. I think we got it! Somebody somewhere said they wish we still had Prado. Well I am glad we don't have him. And I am glad we don't have the retired third baseman too. I have already stated I'd like to see McCann Kaepernicked (but I know others disagree).

I know the Braves have not won the Division or anything right now. It's just 11 games into the season. But they are showing us that OTHER guys can play ball too, and play it well. You just don't blast off the new season like they have unless there is something special about you.

J

I agree with most of what you said, except McCann. If he comes back and plays like we know he's capable of, watch out. Plus, Freddy coming back soon, and hopefully Heyward doing what we know he's capable of.

According to the way ESPN measures homeruns Gattis' homerun off Strasburg went 426 feet which is tied for the longest homerun Strasburg has ever given up.

to **** with the distance! I was more impressed with him turning around a 96 mph HIGH fastball. He SMASHED that thing!

to **** with the distance! I was more impressed with him turning around a 96 mph HIGH fastball. He SMASHED that thing!

Yes he did. Absolutely crushed it.

Did espn even talk about the Braves win?

they said a little bit. But I wouldn't worry about it. Braves keep winning they will talk more and more.

Did espn even talk about the Braves win?

BBTN did. I thought I had died. They did a nice breakdown on Gattis homerun and on Huddy's performance.

BRAVES LINEUP

1. B.J. Upton - CF

2. Jason Heyward - RF

3. Justin Upton - LF

4. Evan Gattis - C

5. Dan Uggla - 2B

6. Chris Johnson - 1B

7. Andrelton Simmons - SS

8. Ramiro Pena - 3B

9. Paul Maholm - P

NATIONALS LINEUP

1. Denard Span - CF

2. Jayson Werth - RF

3. Bryce Harper - LF

4. Ryan Zimmerman - 3B

5. Adam LaRoche - 1B

6. Ian Desmond - SS

7. Danny Espinosa - 2B

8. Kurt Suzuki - C

9. Gio Gonzalez - P

Great job by BJ to tag up and make it to 3rd. Great baserunning.

Why the **** are we bunting when the guy on 2nd can score from there?

Did we bunt?

Great job by BJ to tag up and make it to 3rd. Great baserunning.

Did we bunt?

Heyward got one down but it went foul, so they were trying