Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Right

Redskins Qb Robert Griffin Iii’S Jersey Sets Nfl Sales Records

372 posts in this topic

you proved my point.

the vikings are a perfect example. they have no competent QB, therefore no matter how much AP rushes they will never have postseason success. it took 2,000 yards from AP just to get them into the PO, and they lost first round. with no QB, AP will have no postseason sucess.

an expected response

They will never have postseason success? Thats a pretty bold statment. Christian Ponder is DECENT but they didnt have C.P playing in the playoffs, they had joe webb lol.

another example would be steven jackson. no QB when he played for the rams, no consistent postseason sucess.

All the Rams had was Steven Jackson.

No QB, no WRs, no OL, and no defense(until recently) for most of Jackson's entire career.

citsalp likes this

They will never have postseason success? Thats a pretty bold statment. Christian Ponder is DECENT but they didnt have C.P playing in the playoffs, they had joe webb lol.

the only remedy for the vikings this season is that they signed greg jennings. if ponder can't have sucess with him, it will prove that he isn't a starting-caliber QB in the NFL

the only remedy for the vikings this season is that they signed greg jennings. if ponder can't have sucess with him, it will prove that he isn't a starting-caliber QB in the NFL

I agree that Ponder sucks but the Vikings still won 10 games basically riding AP most of the time.

The Vikings would more than likely be 6-10 at best without AP last season and even that might be reaching a bit. AP saved them in games where Ponder was a turnover machine and could not move the ball down field at all.

Willy Mo likes this

It's a proven fact Shanny makes RB's prosper his in offense, RG3 just gives him a new weapon, and I'm sure he will prosper.

Agree on the AD comparison( and yes it's AD not AP) there is only one AD.

All the Rams had was Steven Jackson.

No QB, no WRs, no OL, and no defense(until recently) for most of Jackson's entire career.

Let's not forget the coaches carousel. You are correct though, I've never seen eight men in the box every weekend playing against any NFL team.

Well I didn't care until we actually started talking about football.

We pretty much made sure this thread has nothing to do with its OP.

how about this:

take RG3 off the redskins. no read option, no running game, no RG3. how would the redskins have turned out?

I love RG III for the Skins but I also think Kirk Cousins will be a heck of a starting quarterback for some team in the near future. He threw for over 300 yards and multiple touchdowns in the game Robert was injured. He is not as dynamic as RG III and probably not the same type of leader but he could have led the Skins to a .500 record as the starter last year. I also think the Skins would have advanced if he relieved Griffen when clearly he was immobile and no longer able to run the offense due to the drastic nature of his injury.

While i don't agree with Mr. Right posting this thread since it serves little purpose on here, the hate to mobile QB's is normal for some of the racist on this site. No surprise to see racists being who they are at their peak. Ugly as sin.

Get a grip. The fact you see racism in everything kinda makes you a racist. What's mobile QBs got to do with racism?

Get a grip. The fact you see racism in everything kinda makes you a racist. What's mobile QBs got to do with racism?

Only blacks can be mobile QBs don't you know? Whites need not apply, except for when one mentions that no mobile QBs have even won a Super Bowl. Then, suddenly, Steve Young is a mobile QB.

No QB can carry a team. That is a FALLACY.

Flacco played well this postseason but if not for a incredible play by jacoby jones the ravens lose the superbowl. Football is the ultimate team sport, no one player can carry the entire team. Please stop saying that, its ignorance

If you think this then does that mean that wins/losses should be a team stat and GWDs should not be attributed to the qb when other variables come into play (kick/punt returns, rb running majority of drive, fg kicker, penalties) in your opinion?

Also that KR happened at the beginning of the second half. You would have a point if it was the last play of the game but they had a whole half left after that play. So you can't just sit there and take away one play and let everything else stand as if everything would have been the same aftewards. That's why I hate "what if" games.

If you think this then does that mean that wins/losses should be a team stat and GWDs should not be attributed to the qb when other variables come into play (kick/punt returns, rb running majority of drive, fg kicker, penalties) in your opinion?

Also that KR happened at the beginning of the second half. You would have a point if it was the last play of the game but they had a whole half left after that play. So you can't just sit there and take away one play and let everything else stand as if everything would have been the same aftewards. That's why I hate "what if" games.

Yes. Wins/losses are a team stat.

I was thinking, the majority of NFL jerseys are counterfeits so this only proves that people who like RG3 are overpaid. Which makes since because it's Washington DC.

The 49ers did a pretty good job of shutting down the ravens offense in the 2nd half of the superbowl. Without that kick return the ravens lose that game. PERIOD. ****, with the right call by the refs at the end of the game, the ravens lose the superbowl. It is what it is.

You must be one of those ignorant people who think the QB can carry the entire football team (which im sure you are)

The 49ers did a pretty good job of shutting down the ravens offense in the 2nd half of the superbowl. Without that kick return the ravens lose that game. PERIOD. ****, with the right call by the refs at the end of the game, the ravens lose the superbowl. It is what it is.

You must be one of those ignorant people who think the QB can carry the entire football team (which im sure you are)

Since you didn't answer I'm going to guess that you think it's a team sport but the quarterback should get all the credit and blame for wins/losses as well as game winning drives when at times they are not the main reason for a score.

It's a lot harder to carry a team in Football than it is in basketball since there are so many moving pieces on the field compared to the other....with that said it can be done but in spurts

Marshawn Lynch at the end of the Saints game

Terrell Owens, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson snatching up 20+ catches in a game

Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, MJD - one man offenses

These are examples of players that I would consider carrying a team and I haven't even brought up quarterbacks yet

So no that is not ignorant to think some players can carry a team at times....but what is ignorant is to think that you can change one play out of many (especially with so much time left) and think that everything else would go on as normal.

Willy Mo likes this

Rg3 is another Vick . Explosive, exciting player who will struggle with his health throughout the coming years. Rg3 is a better thrower then vick but that won't matter when he goes down with another injury

Russell Wilson and cam newton will have a better career imo

There is some truth to that, but I wouldn't compare RG3 to Vick. There skill set is similiar but I believe RG3 actually a profesional and will gives the redskins 100% and at least know his playbook.

While i don't agree with Mr. Right posting this thread since it serves little purpose on here, the hate to mobile QB's is normal for some of the racist on this site. No surprise to see racists being who they are at their peak. Ugly as sin.

I'll have to start this thread from the beginning..... I honestly can't remember race ever having been brought up in this thread..... Until now, of course.